• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please rate the new forum experience

Chuck

How do you like the new forum?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate the new forum

Question

My previous account name got changed for no reason & when I tried to re-log in it wouldn't accept any of my passwords & the reset password thing never sent a email to the email it said it sent it to, so I had to make a new account. In creating a new account I had to resend the activation email 6 times for it to actually send it.

So no I don't like the new forum experience lol. At times it still lags due to forum making adobe flash player a CPU hog that freezes the page up until I use taskmanager & terminate adobe flash player.

12 minutes ago, Lindholm4MVP said:

My previous account name got changed for no reason & when I tried to re-log in it wouldn't accept any of my passwords & the reset password thing never sent a email to the email it said it sent it to, so I had to make a new account. In creating a new account I had to resend the activation email 6 times for it to actually send it.

So no I don't like the new forum experience lol. At times it still lags due to forum making adobe flash player a CPU hog that freezes the page up until I use taskmanager & terminate adobe flash player.

Strange, I've had none of those issues

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Strange, I've had none of those issues

The fact it wouldn't send a reset password email gave me the impression someone wanted to intentionally lock me out of my account & put my email in the do not send list so I could never recover my password.

What was your old username and display name? Also, private message me your email address so I can see if it's in our system. If you ever entered one incorrectly in the beginning, you're definitely not going to get a password reset sent to you.

When the upgrade was performed I could either choose username or display name, I went ahead with username. That's probably why you had an issue. @Lindholm4MVP

BTW, like @Lou said I'm not seeing any of the issues you're seeing as well. The overall speed and performance is 100 times better than the last forum software, and that wasn't bad either. 

10 minutes ago, Lindholm4MVP said:

The fact it wouldn't send a reset password email gave me the impression someone wanted to intentionally lock me out of my account & put my email in the do not send list so I could never recover my password.

Ummmm....

At times, when I quote a post, it quotes the wrong one. 

Edit: just noticed whenever I quote any post, it quotes the same post over and over. Like if you were to quote several posts at different times, only this post would show up every time in your response 

Edited by Lou

2 minutes ago, RallyPanda said:

Sorry Chuck, I know you put in a lot of work, but the mobile site is an absolute mess and a total headache now, makes me not even wanna be here anymore!

The mobile version on both smartphones and tablets of the forum is fantastic. I've tested on an iPhone, Android Samsung Galaxy 7 and my buddy's latest LG phone. Looks great on my Galaxy tablet as well.

I'm sorry you feel that way. @RallyPanda but unless you give me specific examples of what is messy, I cannot help you enjoy the forum here. 

The example you sent me the other day was when you were not logged in, so you were not able to see all the features or post. 

Private Message me the messiness you speak of and I'll look into it. 

I understand I cannot please everyone, so there's that too.

56 minutes ago, Lou said:

At times, when I quote a post, it quotes the wrong one. 

Edit: just noticed whenever I quote any post, it quotes the same post over and over. Like if you were to quote several posts at different times, only this post would show up every time in your response 

I noticed that if you double click on the quote feature instead of clicking once it will double the quotes. So if you click multiple times it will show multiple quotes.

Also noticed that as a moderator I've accidentally hit the edit link instead of the quote link. 

The implementation of quotes is confusing because each quoted post is identified by the time it was posted before the author of said quote. 

So this: "  51 minutes ago, Lindholm4MVP said " is confusing because it looks like I quoted someone named 51 minutes ago:  

1 hour ago, Lindholm4MVP said:

I have a crazy conspiracy theory to share, and boy is it crazy.  

--

Perhaps it may simplify things to move the post timestamp under the member area (on the left under member reputation and total posts) so that it looks like this:

•  
  • Lindholm4MVP
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • (Today, 1:23 PM)
  •  

--

And then the quoted post would look cleaner like this:

--

I'm not sure how many people feel the same way, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Something has been bugging me about the new format and today I finally figured it out. Everything seems too large or spread out. I've noticed I'm doing a lot more scrolling to navigate content. The Avatar/Member details section by each of their posts' is too large. For example when Chuck posts a one liner, his post alone takes half my screen. In the old forum, I could read multiple posts before needing to scroll. Right now I can only read 2 at the most. The same goes for the mobile version.

The same goes for the forum home screen. The banner alone takes 1/2 of the screen. The only forum I can read without scrolling is the Angels Daily. On the old forum, I was able to click on more forums before needing to scroll.

12 hours ago, mancini79 said:

Something has been bugging me about the new format and today I finally figured it out. Everything seems too large or spread out. I've noticed I'm doing a lot more scrolling to navigate content. The Avatar/Member details section by each of their posts' is too large. For example when Chuck posts a one liner, his post alone takes half my screen. In the old forum, I could read multiple posts before needing to scroll. Right now I can only read 2 at the most. The same goes for the mobile version.

The same goes for the forum home screen. The banner alone takes 1/2 of the screen. The only forum I can read without scrolling is the Angels Daily. On the old forum, I was able to click on more forums before needing to scroll.

Hi @mancini79 thank you for the feedback.

I will see if I can make the area smaller. Give me some time though as I will need to re-code that section of the website when I can find some time. 

As far as the header logo, I actually like the height and width of the current logo. I felt our past logos on here were too small. 

Some things will take time to adjust to. I know it took me a few days after the upgrade. Now I absolutely love it over our old version. 

On 5/8/2016 at 10:32 AM, Steve Sanders said:

Dig the way you changed the banner/border at the top. It's all clear up top.

Just normal learning curve stuff. 

Great shit Chuck. Congrats again. I remember when this place first started none thought or expected it would be what it has become.

(Brandon)

Really appreciate the great feedback, @Steve Sanders

On 5/8/2016 at 1:36 PM, Chuck Richter said:

What was your old username and display name? Also, private message me your email address so I can see if it's in our system. If you ever entered one incorrectly in the beginning, you're definitely not going to get a password reset sent to you.

When the upgrade was performed I could either choose username or display name, I went ahead with username. That's probably why you had an issue. @Lindholm4MVP

BTW, like @Lou said I'm not seeing any of the issues you're seeing as well. The overall speed and performance is 100 times better than the last forum software, and that wasn't bad either. 

Thanks Chuck. Was able to get back into old account.

On May 8, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Chuck Richter said:

I noticed that if you double click on the quote feature instead of clicking once it will double the quotes. So if you click multiple times it will show multiple quotes.

Also noticed that as a moderator I've accidentally hit the edit link instead of the quote link. 

That doesn't have anything to do with my problem. 

Haven't posted much since then so I don't know if it's still happening 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

Is there any way to:

1. Bring back the "New Content" button?

2. Bring back the button that showed a pop-up of the first and last unread posts on the thread topics list? 

@Lou the new content button has been replaced with a new feature called Activity Streams. 

Here is the direct link: http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/discover/unread/

That said you can access the activity stream and set it up however you'd like to filter out what you want to see. 

The activity stream can be accessed by clicking the "Activity" tab on the navigation bar under the logo. You can access it via mobile by clicking the three horizontal lines, then choosing activity streams, then unread content. 

As far as your other question. If you click the star or the circle to the left of the topic thread it will bring you to the last post in the thread. If you simply click on the thread it will bring you to the first post. I don't think there's the other pop-up button in this newer version. 

I figured out how to get the unread content. There just wasn't a way for me to know which one was the Activity button.

Getting to the first unread post is very important, in my opinion. If I'm gone for a few days it's a pain in the ass tying to find where I left off in every single thread. I've found myself just skipping those threads for the most part. 

Hi Blarg have a solution for your question a few days about filtering which content you want to see from different forums.

You can create your own activity stream for this purpose, by selecting "Activity>My Activity Streams>Create New stream". That will then show under the my activity streams section for them.

Then, if you point at where it says topics on the left, you will see there is a cog icon that appears at the side of it for setup. Clicking on that you can then filter it down.

Content.png

@Blarg

13 hours ago, Lou said:

Is there any way to:

2. Bring back the button that showed a pop-up of the first and last unread posts on the thread topics list? 

Hi @Lou, just hover over a thread and wait for the pop up, then choose first or last. 

See the screenshot below. 

FirstLast.png

maybe it's operator error on my part (always a possibility with IT stuff) -- but when I view a link (and then perhaps post a reply comment) -- I can't go back to the forum and perhaps right to a different topic -- instead I have to go back to the main fan forum link and hit that again to get to another topic on the fan forum.

again, this could be operator error but I have found this extra step (every time) not as user-friendly as the prior site format.