• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please rate the new forum experience

Chuck

How do you like the new forum?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate the new forum

Question

Not sure if this was already answered or I'm just being stupid, but I've been having two issues.

1. I'm not able to delete/remove the "box" section of accidental quotes. Refreshing the page doesn't fix it. It is basically forcing me the post with the accidental quote.
  2. Can't figure out how to switch from double spacing to single spacing.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

Hi @Mr Meeseeks

To resolve the issue of accidental quotes, simply hit the "Source" button in the editor and select all, which is all of the HTML code and text, then hit delete. 

BTW, the cause of this which I've filed a bug report on is that if you hit backspace and land inside a quote you cannot seem to back out of it. The next time you post it saves to memory the last thing you've typed before hitting submit reply, so it populates the quote which you backed out of. 

As far as the double spacing, I'm not sure what you mean. That must be a mobile keyboard issue, unless I'm not understanding your issue. If so please provide me more details. 

On 5/6/2016 at 11:43 AM, Chuck Richter said:

On the Forum "Home" page where all the forums are listed, each forum has an icon to the left of the description. To visit the forum the intuitive thing to do is click on the icon but this marks the forum as read. I believe the icon should take the user to the forum. Then, if it is desired to mark the entire forum as read, the user can choose that option from within the forum.

42 minutes ago, Jay said:
On 5/6/2016 at 11:43 AM, Chuck Richter said:

On the Forum "Home" page where all the forums are listed, each forum has an icon to the left of the description. To visit the forum the intuitive thing to do is click on the icon but this marks the forum as read. I believe the icon should take the user to the forum. Then, if it is desired to mark the entire forum as read, the user can choose that option from within the forum.

I tend to agree Jay. Let me look into that.

@Jay I cannot find a way to suppress the icon that marks the forum as read. 

If you hover over it in desktop mode you'll see that it will mark the forum as read. 

Just have to be sure to click on the forum title link instead of the icon when on mobile or desktop unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

@Chuckster70 is there any way to use the mobile version on the iPad?  

Scott, 

Check to see if you have desktop mode turned on. 

Here's how to enable it, so just do the opposite if you have an iPad. From one iPad I played with and a Samsung Galaxy tablet I was able to see the mobile version of the forum. 

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/request-desktop-site-ios-9/

There's no way to switch to a mobile version anymore manually. It just knows when you're on a mobile device to show the mobile version. 

@Stradling you're not seeing the sidebar stuff while you're on your iPad or Tablet are you? Because you shouldn't. 

I can probably create a new theme just for mobile if that's the case. 

I have upgraded to version 4.1.12 today.

This is a maintenance release to fix over a 100 reported issues and add refinement to existing features. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, it includes following enhancements:

Last week we introduced you to a couple of key new improvements in IPS Community Suite 4.1.12, the new post preview and enhanced activity streams and search. However, this is a packed release, so I wanted to quickly review what else you can expect to find when it is released this week.

Mentions

4.0 introduced mentions, and since then a frequently-requested feature is the ability to ignore notifications triggered by particular members. In 4.1.12, we enhanced the Ignore Users functionality to also allow you to block mention notifications. They will still be able to mention you in posts, but you will no longer be notified about it.

ignored.jpg

Ratings

As of 4.1.12, ratings will now display half-stars in order to be more accurate. Users will still rate whole stars out of 5 (or 10 if configured so), but the aggregated ratings displayed alongside content will be more fine-grained.

Custom date formatting

We have used built-in, automatic locale formats for dates since 4.0, but it became increasingly clear that this did not offer the flexibility that some community administrators desired. As a result, 4.1.12 re-introduces the ability to provide custom formats for dates.

Bug fixes

Amongst the handful of new features, there's over 400 other bug fixes and improvements that contribute towards the overall stability of the IPS Community Suite, as we start working towards the next major release, IPS Community Suite 4.2 which will be available later this year. Further fixes for stability in the 4.1 line will come before 4.2 is available.

Please check our release notes to read more about other smaller changes and fixes in 4.1.12.

New Features:

When you mouseover the badge showing who liked a post, you will now see a larger list of who liked that post. You can still click to get the full list.
Ratings now show half-stars for the average (for example, if one user votes 3 stars and another 4, it will show 3 and a half stars) and there is now an indication if you have rated something.
A "Preview" button has been added to the post editor which shows how the post will appear after BBCode processing. Tabs show how the post will appear on desktop, tablet and mobile.
Users can now choose to ignore notifications for being mentioned in posts by particular users.
You can now filter searches by specific forums/categories.
You can now control whether open and click tracking should be used for emails sent by SparkPost.
Activity Stream enhancements:

The filter dropdowns now have an "Apply" button for better usability (previously you had to click outside the dropdown).
The "Expanded/Collapsed" toggles are now clearer.
Hitting back from a clicked item in any activity stream now remembers your position and loaded results.
Other enhancements and improvements:

The way dates are formatted can now be customised by language strings. For example, if you want to change the date format to "DD-MM-YYYY" that is now possible. With this change, the new default is US-style ("March 4, 1992") rather than the previous European-style ("4 March 1992").
Advertisements no longer have padding which makes them easier to position in other areas such as headers.
When comparing revisions of articles in Pages databases, a new browser-based diff tool is used which is more user-friendly and moves the computation from the server to the user's browser for greater performance.
Better indication of files pending approval in Downloads.
The version number for themes now displays in the AdminCP list.

Hi guys, in case you wanted to play with different theme and layout options for both desktop and mobile, you can now choose between a few different themes by clicking themes at the bottom of the page. 

The one that says mobile is just a bland version of mobile, with no header logo, no sidebar content, etc. You can also choose to have the desktop view on mobile too now. I know @mancini79 always liked that mode. 

See screenshot below.

Themes.png

On 5/23/2016 at 10:48 PM, Chuckster70 said:

There's no way to switch to a mobile version anymore manually. It just knows when you're on a mobile device to show the mobile version. 

@Stradling you're not seeing the sidebar stuff while you're on your iPad or Tablet are you? Because you shouldn't. 

I can probably create a new theme just for mobile if that's the case. 

On my iPad (using Safari or Chrome) I see the sidebar stuff (desktop mode) when I hold the iPad in landscape orientation. If I rotate the iPad into portrait mode, the sidebar stuff disappears and I get the mobile version.

I would prefer to have mobile all the time. The sidebar stuff interferes with the forum "home" page. 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

On my iPad (using Safari or Chrome) I see the sidebar stuff (desktop mode) when I hold the iPad in landscape orientation. If I rotate the iPad into portrait mode, the sidebar stuff disappears and I get the mobile version.

I would prefer to have mobile all the time. The sidebar stuff interferes with the forum "home" page. 

Hi @Jay I do not see a way to eliminate the sidebar content for tablets in landscape mode as I believe @Stradling had the same request, but I am looking into programming some code in there that can allow you to hide them. I'll circle back once I can figure out how to accomplish this. 

18 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Chuck, I think the new forum format/software works great. I am on my iPhone 99.9% of the time here with no issues.

Thank you for the positive feedback, DBB! Thank you for the positive feedback, DBB! 

18 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

My opinion is that Chuck MUST use the Lackey is a Turd thread whenever using screen shots to help folks!

Chuck, I think the new forum format/software works great. I am on my iPhone 99.9% of the time here with no issues.

Thank you for the positive feedback, DBB! 

On May 26, 2016 at 0:15 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Hi @Jay I do not see a way to eliminate the sidebar content for tablets in landscape mode as I believe @Stradling had the same request, but I am looking into programming some code in there that can allow you to hide them. I'll circle back once I can figure out how to accomplish this. 

I don't have the same problem on my phone so why would we have this issue with a tablet?

11 hours ago, Jay said:

I don't have the same problem on my phone so why would we have this issue with a tablet?

Jay I looked into this and there's nothing that can be done, unless I totally remove the sidebar blocks altogether.

The way it decides if it's going to give you the mobile experience or desktop view is based on the size of the device's screen. That is why when in portrait it will use mobile but if you flip your tablet to landscape it will use desktop and thus show the sidebar content.

I just want to know what happened to the drug thread. Just as I was about to buy some Xanax from a very nice young man who guaranteed that it was 99.8% pure (or I would get my money back), bang, it was gone. Now I am going to have to go down to the homeless camp and pay probably twice the price for pills that have been God knows where, with no money back guarantee. Thanks, Chuck.

But if I reply a second time in a thread it repeats my saved and unremovable earlier reply too.

EDIT: Ok, it's obviously fucking with me now.

Edited by ELEVEN
are you fucking kidding me???