• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please rate the new forum experience

Chuck

How do you like the new forum?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate the new forum

Question

12 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

My biggest gripe: Why is there no more "preview post" button?

Or am I missing something? It's driving me bonkers. 

Other than that I am enjoying the new forum.

Ask and you shall receive. I have added the preview post button in the toolbar. @CaliAngel

Preview.png

For those of you asking where to change your display name, you can do that by clicking on your profile pic in the upper right, choose "Account Settings" from the dropdown, then choose display name on the left side bar of options. 

DisplayName2.png

DisplayName.png

Chuck, the new boards are great, but there are two things about them that I am struggling with. First, I wish the new boards, like the old boards, automatically started you back where you were the last time you read a thread.  Now when I click on a thread, I have no idea where I left off before. 

Second, I have on several occasions triedd to quote someone, but then messed up when deleting text from their post. I'd like to just simply start over - go back to their post, RE-click quote, and start anew. But the boards don't let me do that. Instead, they save what I had done before and don't let me start fresh. Does that make sense?

Hi @wopphil sorry for the delay. I've been extremely busy of late. 

First, I wish the new boards, like the old boards, automatically started you back where you were the last time you read a thread.  Now when I click on a thread, I have no idea where I left off before. 

There is a black line that while in a thread it will indicate where you left off. 

Line.png

Second, I have on several occasions tried to quote someone, but then messed up when deleting text from their post. I'd like to just simply start over - go back to their post, RE-click quote, and start anew. But the boards don't let me do that. Instead, they save what I had done before and don't let me start fresh. Does that make sense?

Yes, I answered this in chat a couple weeks back. 

If you're ever in a situation where it has saved a quote that never got posted or you need to wipe out a post (saved quote and all), simply hit the source button in the upper left of the toolbar while in post mode. Once you do that, select all and hit delete. This will remove all of the code that has your text and the person's quote you were quoting. 

hey @Chuckster70. been having a weird experience getting on to the fan forum this weekend. i can't get in through my saved link all of a sudden, and instead am being directed to a site for godaddy that allows me to pay to enter each section of angelswin: $2.99 for the fan forum, 7.99 for the clubs, etc.

what's going on? and are you aware of this? and is anyone else having the same issue?

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

hey @Chuckster70. been having a weird experience getting on to the fan forum this weekend. i can't get in through my saved link all of a sudden, and instead am being directed to a site for godaddy that allows me to pay to enter each section of angelswin: $2.99 for the fan forum, 7.99 for the clubs, etc.

what's going on? and are you aware of this? and is anyone else having the same issue?

@Tank I have retired the old angelswin-forum.com domain so anything off of that will no longer work. 

AngelsWin.com/Forums/ is the URL to bookmark. I changed it two years ago but kept the old domain around until now. 

I sent out an email about this earlier today. 

Was the politics forum nixed?  I think that's a bug mistake bringing politics into a mostly politics free off topic zone.  If anything the politics should be a private forum with any topics in the hangout moved there if it got too saucy.