• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

Eric Aguilera and Brandon Bayardi are hitting the crap out of the ball in Arkansas. If they can keep it up for a full season they may enter the picture for 4th OF and the LH 1B bat off the bench next season, or even September if we're down and out.

I love this thread. Thanks for everyone's contributions especially you Doc!

absolutely.  

I think these kids deserve some recognition.  It would kinda suck if a bunch of people who've never seen you play are telling you that you suck and have no chance of being a major leaguer.  Of course you want them to have thick skin and be able to rise above, but they are 18-25 years old.  A little recognition and encouragement doesn't hurt.  They deserve our support.  

A - lost 7-3 (5-6 overall)

not much hitting today

Gatto 4ip, 9h, 6er, 4bb, 1k.  Come on Joe.  Let's see you pitch and not throw.  

Eric Alonzo 3ip, 0h, 0er, 0bb, 3k.  pretty much unhittable so far.  9ip, 2h, 13k.  At 24yo, time to move him along.  

A+ -lost 4-1 (2-10).  Tough start.  

Caleb Adams 3-4

Houchins 1-4

Ward 0-4

Fletcher 1-3, bb

Briceno 1-4 (.317).  Threw out two runners.  Caught 3 of 8 so far.  

AA - double header split won 3-0 and lost 5-2 (4-7 overall)

game 1

sherm 1-3, hr

game 2 

Sherm 1-3, bb

Yarbrough 2-2, 2bb, rbi

Aguilera 1-4

Mcgowin 7ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 9k.  Brilliant!!

AAA - won 6-2 (10-2 overall)

Navarro 2-5, hr

Cunningham 3-5, double, sb (2) (so far, .325, .449obp, .500slg)

Nick Buss 2-2, rbi, 3bb (.326, .383, .605)

Maya 5.1ip, 5h, 0er, 2bb, 4k.  

Cotts 1.2ip, 1h, 0er, 2k

Achter, 1ip, 1h 2bb

Al Al 1ip, 1er, 0h, 4bb, 1k.  

I like that Sherman Johnson is doing a lot better out of the gate than last year at AA. BA over .300 and OBP over .400

Dude's drawing a lot of walks. Wonder how long they keep him in ARK or if he gets bumped up to SLC as the season goes on. If Gia can't turn it around mid-season will be interesting to see how they start handling Sherm and his future.

Will Nate smith see some time with the Angels this year ?

I imagine he's next in line after Tropeano/Skaggs. Our rotation really is incredibly deep. It may not be lights out but we have a dearth of options, even with the injuries to Heaney and Wilson and struggles of Weaver and Shoe. Going to have a lot of options with that group as the season goes on.

Interesting scenario - if Santiago continues pitching like this and the team is looking bleak at the break, he could become a pretty solid trade piece.

Bah. Forgot about Kendrick. He would be in line ahead of Smith I imagine.

Edited by totdprods

Dude's drawing a lot of walks. Wonder how long they keep him in ARK or if he gets bumped up to SLC as the season goes on. If Gia can't turn it around mid-season will be interesting to see how they start handling Sherm and his future.

Not sure that's in the cards. We already have Yarbrough, Navarro, Cowart and Kubitza logging time at 2B and 3B, both are Sherm's spots.

Not sure that's in the cards. We already have Yarbrough, Navarro, Cowart and Kubitza logging time at 2B and 3B, both are Sherm's spots.

If Johnson can keep it up, I'd rather have him and his speed, but more importantly on-base skills over all of the players you mentioned above at 2B. 

Also, I think he could be a perfect replacement at 3B if/once Escobar leaves. Good leadoff hitter. But he must show us he can make better contact this year in addition to drawing walks. I like his speed/power combo for an infielder. 

I can't see Cowart or Kubitza being viable as full-time 2B options though...they just don't have enough experience there. 

In a UT or back-up role? Sure. 

As for Yarbrough, he seems to be in ARK now too, so Sherm has opportunity to leap-frog him, and if he continues to outperform I could see him start to push Navarro as well. 

Depends on how the club sees Pennington. If Gia is struggling mightily, does Pennington take over 2B or remain as the full-time UT player?

If he becomes the 2B, who becomes the full-time UT player? 

Missed a few days because of life stuff.  

A - lost 4-2 (6-9)

Ranyelmy 2-4 (.191)

Delph 0-1, (.317)

Bees had 3 guys in their starting lineup hitting over .222

Jose Rodgriguez 5ip, 4h, 0er, 2bb, 4k

A+ lost 3-2 (3-13)

Tough start for the 66ers.  

Ward 1-4 (.189).  Not what we'd hoped for 

Jewell 4ip 2h, 0er, 3bb, 6k.  

Caleb Adams off to a nice start.  .386 avg.  .988ops.  

AA won 3-1 (7-7)

Hinshaw 2-4

Yarbrough 2-4, 3rbi.  Doing well after demotion.  (.357/.957 at AA)

Blackford 5.2ip, 1h, 2bb, 8k.  Continues to be very good after being converted to a starter.  0.57era in 15.2ip, 20k, 6h, 5bb.

Aguilera so far .283/841

Johnson so far .303/.992

AAA won 8-1 (12-4)

Nick Buss 2-3, 1bb

Cowart 1-4 (.250)

Bandy 1-5 (.270)

Nate Smith 8ip, 3h, 1er, 1bb, 4k.  looking good.  1.75era, 25.2ip, 24k, 19h, 5bb.  Excellent numbers for SLC

I gonna start highlighting people of interest and exceptional performances or good yearly totals

A - lost 6-5

Zach Welz - 4-5, .364 avg on the year.  

Hutton Moyer 3-5, hr, 2rbi

Gatto 5ip, 6h, 4er, 4bb, 3k.  Would like to start seeing something from him.  

A+ won 8-6

Arakawa 2-5

Ward 2-4, bb

Houchins 2-5

Ryan Sebra 2-3 triple, bb.  .294 on the season in limited pa.  ..346/.868 for AZL last year.  Undrafted FA out of Jacksonville state.  Almost 24 years old.  Couldn't hurt to give this kid a little more PT.  

AA - lost 3-0

Bo Way 2-4.  Up to .277 after a slow start.  

Eric Aguilera 2-3.  This dude just hits.  I think they should move him up to AAA.  

I gonna start highlighting people of interest and exceptional performances or good yearly totals

A - lost 6-5

Zach Welz - 4-5, .364 avg on the year.

Hutton Moyer 3-5, hr, 2rbi

Gatto 5ip, 6h, 4er, 4bb, 3k. Would like to start seeing something from him.

A+ won 8-6

Arakawa 2-5

Ward 2-4, bb

Houchins 2-5

Ryan Sebra 2-3 triple, bb. .294 on the season in limited pa. ..346/.868 for AZL last year. Undrafted FA out of Jacksonville state. Almost 24 years old. Couldn't hurt to give this kid a little more PT.

AA - lost 3-0

Bo Way 2-4. Up to .277 after a slow start.

Eric Aguilera 2-3. This dude just hits. I think they should move him up to AAA.

Way looks primed to make a run at 4th OF in the future. Aguilera is Navarro 2.0. Inland Empre can't possibly be as bad as their record. Alex Yarbrough's been playing 3B lately, adding him to the growing number of players that play both spots (Cowart, Kubitza, and Sherman). Arakawa is better than we've seen, along with pretty much everyone else at Inland Empire. Moyer has some pop in his bat. Gatto is missing up with his pitches. All of them. Richards had a similar problem in A Ball, he just got away with it a bit more because he threw some dang hard. Gatto's living at 93, not 96+. Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

A - lost 2-1

Moyer 3-4, .349/1.021

Grayson Long 5ip, 4h, 2er, 1bb, 4k.  1.80 era.  21k in 20ip.  

A+ lost 9-2 5-14 overall

Ward 2-3, bb.  .234

Rhoades, 6ip, 8h, 3er, 0bb, 4k

AA - won 3-0

Aguilera 3-5, 2b, rbi.  .304/.834

Jordan Kipper 8ip, 2h, 0er, 1k.  1.73era.  

AAA - lost 9-0.  13-7 overall