• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

What happened?

He was 17-18, and played with a bunch of black kids so he used "urban" language as a white guy......    Then was crucified for it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/zach-houchins-says-he-is-not-a-racist-nervous-about-future-with-the-nationals/2011/06/10/AGdkNyOH_blog.html

Edited by Inside Pitch

A - walk off win 4-3. 3 in the ninth.  

Zach Weiz, Jared Walsh, Angelo Amendolare and Josh Delph each with two hits

Starter Ronnie Glenn 5ip, 4h, 1er, 3bb, 3k.  22nd round pick out of u penn.  Strong year at Orem in 2015.  3.73era, 41ip, 14bb, 54k.  Don't know much about him.  

A+ - win 2-1

Fletcher 1-4 with 2sb

Ward 1-3, rbi, bb

boehm 2-4, 2b

Tyler Carpenter 5ip, 4h, 0er, 2bb, 5k.  25th rounder from Georgia Gwinnett College in 2014.  6'5, 225.  Struggled in A+ last year for half the season but did ok in A.  24 years old.  

A - walk off win 4-3. 3 in the ninth.  

Zach Weiz, Jared Walsh, Angelo Amendolare and Josh Delph each with two hits

Starter Ronnie Glenn 5ip, 4h, 1er, 3bb, 3k.  22nd round pick out of u penn.  Strong year at Orem in 2015.  3.73era, 41ip, 14bb, 54k.  Don't know much about him.  

http://www.scout.com/mlb/angels/story/1618081-prospect-countdown-80-ronnie-glenn

AAA - loss 5-2

Chris Jones 4ip, 5h, 1er, 1bb, 4k.  Acquired for Nat Delgado.  704 minor league innings and a 3.35era but lots of hits and walks with few k's.  Somehow limits damage though.  Probably 9th or 10th on our depth chart.  

Cam 2ip, 2h, 4k

Alburquerque scoreless inning

A - win 7-2 (bees 3-2)

Sanger 2-3, 2bb, 1rbi (played 2b again tonight.  no errors)

Michael Pierson 3-4, double, 3 rbi.  

Jose Rodriguez 5ip, 7h, 1bb, 0er (2r), 4k - 20yo from Venezuala.  Listed at 6'2 155.  Scout.com has him as our #49.  Doesn't throw hard.  Good feel for a young guy.  Best pitch is a changeup.  Fastball high 80's low 90's, but I imagine there is some room for growth relative to frailty.  Get this dude some ensure.  

Luis Pena 3ip, 1bb, 9k (not a typo.  dude seriously whiffed 9 out of the 10 guys he faced).  Suspended at the beginning of 2014 for 50 games (PED - Boldenone).   Maybe they should test him again.  Just kidding Luis - keep it going.  He's 5'11, 170 so whatever he's throwing must be freaky nasty.  

A+ loss 6-5.  Only team in the org to lose today (3-3 on the season)

Ward 1-4

Briceno 2-4, hr, 2rbi.  (torrid start )

Baldoquin 1-2, double, rbi.  played 2b.  Apparently, he and Fletcher will be trading off 2b/ss from week to week.  Baldo got replaced though.  not sure why.

Houchins 1-4

Jake Jewell with a rough outing.  3ip, 8h, 4er, 3bb, 3k

Loconsole in relief of him 3ip, 1h, 1bb, 2k

AA - win 6-3 (Travs now 2-4)

Bo Way 1-3, bb, 2r, 2sb from the leadoff spot.  

Sherm 2-3, triple, 2r, rbi, bb, 1sb, 1cs

Hinshaw 1-3

Eric Aguilera 3-4, 3rbi.  Dude just keeps hitting.  Not sure anyone knew this but he won the Angels minor league triple crown last year with 17hr, 94rbi and a .313 avg.  Maybe that's not saying much, but it's not sayin' nothin'.  Plays 1b.  Lit up the cal league pretty good last year.  .327avg (led the league for anyone over 400pa).  .925ops was 10th.  A bit 'seasoned' for his level at 25 in AA now.  34th rounder from Ill State U. in 2013.  

Kyle McGowin 7ip, 4h, 1er, 2bb, 7k.  Nice bounce back start for him.  Had some elbow issues last year and struggled with command last year.  24yo with good stuff.  Former 5th rounder out of Savannah State in 2013.  Fastball 90-93.  Touches 95.  Really good movement. Deceptive delivery.  Good slurve.  Change needs work.  Middle of the rotation upside.  With his previous elbow issues though I could see them converting him to relief at some point.  

AAA win 2-1.  Bees are 5-1 overall

Ortega 2-4

Cowart 3-4, double, rbi.  .381 overall. Made a throwing error tonight.  first of the season.  

Kubitza 1-2, bb, rbi.  played 2b tonight (.429avg to start the year)

Nate Smith  5ip, 6h, 0er, 2bb, 9k.  His velo uptick from last year put him in a different category for me.  Got pounded at AAA to end the year in 2015.  Outside of that he's been very good.  

Satterwhite and Guerra each with a scoreless frame and 3k.  Achter with 2 scoreless.  

Edited by Dochalo

AAA win 2-1. Bees are 5-1 overall

Ortega 2-4

Cowart 3-4, double, rbi. .381 overall. Made a throwing error tonight. first of the season.

Kubitza 1-2, bb, rbi. played 2b tonight (.429avg to start the year)

Nate Smith 5ip, 6h, 0er, 2bb, 9k. His velo uptick from last year put him in a different category for me. Got pounded at AAA to end the year in 2015. Outside of that he's been very good.

Satterwhite and Guerra each with a scoreless frame and 3k. Achter with 2 scoreless.

Kubitza looks good at the plate and at 2B. I won't be suggesting a promotion, just observation. Lat year he sucked in ST and started the year hot too.

I know there isn't much history to support it, but it would be awesome if Jose Briceno took a big leap forward. Would make that trade even more intriguing. If you take out his '14 season he's had pretty good offensive stats for a catcher.

Edited by totdprods

Also for Kyle McGowin, he reached 100% around the middle of last year. About a year and a half ago, there was some thought that he'd need Tommy John. I guess there was a tear in the ligament, but rest and rehab was recommended over surgery in his case. The timeline between the two options is similar, and we're seeing who McGowin really is now.

To me, he has started written all over him. Reminds me a lot off Michael Clevinger, who we sent to Cleveland and is fully healed and turning heads now.

Man if McGowin and Alcantara can dominate in Double-A and Nate Smith continues to pitch well in AAA, as well as Tropeano in the big leagues, with Skaggs coming up soon...we'll be like Newcomb/Ellis who?