• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

A - bees - win 3-2

Gatto 5ip, 1h, 1er, 3bb, 4k

A+ - loss 10-5

Houchins 1-4, hr, 3 rbi

Ward 1-3, 2bb

Baldoquin 2-4

Briceno 2-4

AA - loss 7-2

Aguilera 2-3, 2hr 2rbi

Sherm 1-3, bb

Deloach 4ip, 3h, 1er, 1bb, 6k

Busenitz 2ip, 2k

AAA - win 5-2

petit 2-3, 2b, rbi

bandy 1-2, rbi

Cowart 1-3, rbi, bb

Smith 5.2ip, 1er, 3h, 2bb, 5k

Javy Guerra 1.1ip 1bb, 2k

Mahle 1.2ip, 1h, 0 er

A - bees - win 3-2

Gatto 5ip, 1h, 1er, 3bb, 4k

A+ - loss 10-5

Houchins 1-4, hr, 3 rbi

Ward 1-3, 2bb

Baldoquin 2-4

Briceno 2-4

AA - loss 7-2

Aguilera 2-3, 2hr 2rbi

Sherm 1-3, bb

Deloach 4ip, 3h, 1er, 1bb, 6k

Busenitz 2ip, 2k

AAA - win 5-2

petit 2-3, 2b, rbi

bandy 1-2, rbi

Cowart 1-3, rbi, bb

Smith 5.2ip, 1er, 3h, 2bb, 5k

Javy Guerra 1.1ip 1bb, 2k

Mahle 1.2ip, 1h, 0 er

Doc!! 

Thank you for this post. If you or others can keep this going through the minor league season, that would be a welcomed addition to our weekly/monthly prospect reports. 

I know we do not have the best farm system, but there's some players that I'm excited tracking this season, and as it happens to every team, there's always one or two surprises every year. 

Also should take notice, Brendon Sanger, who many view to have been a steal in last year's draft drew the start at 2B. As an OF, Sanger has a beautiful LH swing, and the speed, patience and athleticism to be a major leaguer. If he's suddenly able to play 2B and stick there long term, the Angels may have possibly found a VERY exciting long term option at 2B.

Also of note, it appears that with Fletcher and Baldoquin manning the middle infield, Tim Arakawa will be logging some time in LF.

Also should take notice, Brendon Sanger, who many view to have been a steal in last year's draft drew the start at 2B. As an OF, Sanger has a beautiful LH swing, and the speed, patience and athleticism to be a major leaguer. If he's suddenly able to play 2B and stick there long term, the Angels may have possibly found a VERY exciting long term option at 2B.

Also of note, it appears that with Fletcher and Baldoquin manning the middle infield, Tim Arakawa will be logging some time in LF.

Fletcher reminds me of David Eckstein. I like him. 

Let's hope Baldoquin can build off a good spring and carry it over into the season. 

Fletcher reminds me of David Eckstein. I like him. 

Let's hope Baldoquin can build off a good spring and carry it over into the season. 

Fletcher is better defensively than Eck ever was, but I can appreciate the comparison.  It's pretty accurate.  But then again, for the last year I've thought Giavotella was a good comp with Eck. 

low A postponed 

A+ - loss 9-5

Caleb Adams 3-4, 2 2b

Houchins 1-3, hr (2), bb

Arakawa 2-4, 2b, 2rbi, play LF

Baldoquin 0-4

Ward 1-3, 2r, bb

AA - win 2-0

Victor Alcantara 6ip, 2h, 0er, 1bb, 8k  (awesome!!)

Wood, Broussard, Johnson, 3ip, 1h, 1bb 4k, 0er

Aguilera 2-3, rbi (sleeper for a guy that could contribute at the mlb level)

Hinshaw 1-3, rbi

AAA - win 6-4

Cotts - 0.1, k

Leutge 1ip, 2k, 0er

Alburquerque, 1ip, 1h, 1k

Cunnignham 3-3, bb, rbi

Cowart 3-4, 4rbi (we might see him sooner than later if Cron can't pull his head out)

A little bit on Victor Alcantara - While scouts continue to view him as a reliever, the Angels have continued to go against the grain and trying to keep him in the rotation. Their justification for this comes from Alcantara's ability to develop a very promising change up to go with that ridiculous slider, Alcantara's ability to comfortably go 100+ pitches and not lose any velo and his ever improving command.

The reason I'm convinced he is a reliever has little to do with either of those reasons. The fact is, Victor can dial it up to triple digits pretty much any time he feels like it. But in order to throw strikes, he needed to dial it back to around 96-97. In order to have any semblance of location, he needs to dial it back further to 94-95. I just don't picture him ever finding the command that he can use every single start that will allow him to throw in the mid-90's which is predominantly why he is so effective,

I think reality comes and Victor ends up moving to relief and accepting the fact that 96-97 without much command can still work.

Also of note, it looks like the Angels have for sure made Austin Wood a reliever. He's mostly forgotten about, but there was a time his scouting report looked very similar to Alcantara's. Wood has lost some velo though. What once was 96+ has turned into 92-95.

I probably won't do this every damn day, but for now, it's the only thing that seems mildly interesting as far as baseball is concerned.  

A - loss 8-6

Ranyelmy Alberto 1-4, hr, 3rbi,.  Dominican kid.  Almost 22.  Pretty underwhelming career until last year where he had a nice season at Orem.  Had an .867 ops last year.  14 steals, 24xbh and 28 bb in 192ab.  

Michael Pierson, 2-4, bb.  Pierson is a Dipoto special.  24yo at A ball.  Last year had a .395 avg at Orem.  Playing 3b

Sanger 1-4.  played 2b tonight as scotty mentioned.  made 2 errors, but if he can stick at in the middle infield, has some potential to be an actual prospect.  

A+ - loss 9-5

Zach Houchins - 2-5, hr (3), 2rbi.  A little about Houchins.  He was drafted in the 15th round out of high school by the Nats and then made a racist comment on twitter.  So he went to college to let it blow over and we drafted him in the 13th round.  He was kinda just ok last year in burlington with a .714ops but has been one of those guys with some potential to be a late bloomer.  A 3b by trade, he's also played some SS and 1b.  Has some power potential.  A guy to keep an eye on although he's 23 at high A.  

Ward 1-4, bbTer

Briceno 2-4, rbi, bb.  a C throw in as part of the Simmons deal.  Started in the colorado org.  Terrible last year but off to a good start.  Was good in A ball at age 21 (.812ops) with a plus arm (44% cs that year).  

Loconsole, Brian, 2ip 2h, 1k.  

AA - loss 4-1

Not much offense

Edward Paredes, 1.1ip, 2k.  

Busenitz, 1.1ip, 2k.  

AAA - win 6-0

Ortega 2-4, 2 triples, 2 rbi

Cowart 0-4

Marte 1-3, bb

O'Grady 2ip, 2k.  O'Grady was a rule 5 pick and given back to the halos.  Mild potential to help the big club this year.  

Satterwhite, 2ip, 3k.  29yo career minor leaguer.