• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

Anybody think the Angels would swap out Shoe with Nate Smith until Skaggs, Heaney, and Wilson are ready? He has done tremendous in AAA, we all know what a nightmare salt lake is for pitchers.

While it looks good on paper, I doubt they'd do that unless Shoe really struggles for another 6-10 starts. Scioscia is a fan of velocity, and Smith mostly sits 88-90, a bit low for Scioscia's tastes. Smith's at his best hitting his spots and living on the edges of the plate. In the Majors, that may get hit a lot more. Don't get me wrong, I think he has a role on the club, and can see him as a long-man out of the pen with an occasional start, but, also recognize that Scioscia has his preferences and Smith doesn't seem to fit those all that well.

A+ 66ers Tyler Carpenter pitched a very solid game today. 8 innings 5 hits 7 Ks 1ER.

66ers made a few over aggressive base running errors costing them runners in scoring position. Those players would have scored off of the subsequent hit that followed.

Top of the 9th and the third baseman lost two foul balls in the sun. If only there was some invention to block out some of the glare....

Luckily the 66ers get out of it but not after the quakes put a runner in scoring position.

Bottom 9th it is Briceno, Ward and Boehm .

Brick Flys out to center.

Ward line drive double to left.

Boehm groundout to 2nd Ward to third

Muchkin grounds to end the inning.

Yup, looks like the Angels.

Top of the 10th reliever Jose hosed them. Shades of Salas, a hit, a walk then a liner down the right field line with two outs giving the Quakes a 2-1 lead.

Bottom of 66ers order up, Allen, Allday, then the top of the order Arakawa.

Allen pop fly out to right.

Forrest 0-5 Allday ground out to 1st.

Arakawa reaches on an infield hit(?) back to the pitcher.

Fletcher pops out to right to end the game.

Very disappointing.

Gatto - 5ip, 1h, 0er, 4bb, 11k.  Nice to see him get it going.  Still too many walks, but he obviously had some stuff working.  

Moyer had 2 more hits.  2-4 with a double and a walk.  

Zach Welz is still red hot as well.  1-3 with a bb.  avg at .373.  

Alex Klonowski pitched well again.  6.2ip, 3h, 2er, 1bb, 7k.  

Caleb Adams 2-4 with a 3b.  

Cowart with a 3rbi double.  1-5, bb.  hitting .266

Kubitza is en fuego.  2-3 with 2bb.  Stole 3 bases.  Played LF tonight.   Now hitting .321 and an ops around .850.  obp near .400.  He's only 25 btw.  I wouldn't write this guy off as of yet.  

Bandy 2-6.  

Kyle Kendrick 5.2ip, 8h, 5er, 1bb, 3k.  Welcome to SLC Kyle.  

If Ortega can maintain over this road trip, going to be hard to take him out of LF. Doing all the little things right too.

I'm content letting Kubitza/Cowart get their reps in at SLC most of the season and bringing them up if an IF goes down, Choi or Nava gets cut, or Cron keeps struggling. At the very least it'll rebuild their trade value. Not advocating dealing them, but any value our prospects can build at this point the better.

From Baseball America...

Joe Gatto, rhp, Angels. Los Angeles’ No. 7 prospect, winless so far at low Class A Burlington, took a step forward Friday when he struck out a career best 11 in five scoreless innings against Fort Wayne (Padres). Gatto allowed just one hit and walked four, lowering his ERA to 5.63 from 7.11. He remains winless as the TinCaps won, 7-5. Gatto threw 55 of 93 pitches for strikes. The former New Jersey prep star has struggled with command, walking 16 in 24 innings, while striking out 24. His above-average fastball sits in the low 90s and touched 95 mph last season. But his delivery is stiff and scouts project a move to the bullpen unless he improves his delivery and fastball command.

If Ortega wasn't doing such a smashing job in LF, I'd lobby for Kubitza to get a chance out there. But the defense, the speed, and getting on base. Part of me wonders if Ortega needs to be our solution moving forward.

I love what Ortega brings to the table but I'll stick with Nava until proven otherwise.

I wouldn't mind seeing with Kubitza or Cowart at security be base.

Jared Foster 2-4.  Off to a decent start.  .300avg.  not much power or obp as of yet though

A+ continues to struggle at 6-20 overall.  

Ward is hitting .213

Arakawa at .305/.768

Middleton has been very good of late in relief.  Tonight was his best outing with 5k in 2.1ip.  2.77era on the year. 

Jabari Henry made his debut for the travs.  2-4.  He was in the Mariners org.  but got released.  Terrible season last year hitting .170, but in 2014 he hit 30 bombs with a .982ops.  He's 25 years old and plays the OF including CF.  

Sherman Johnson made his AAA debut tonight going 0-4 with 2k.  

Cowart 2-4, 2b.  .280 on the season with a .727ops.  

Nate Smith 6ip, 5h, 2er (2 solo hrs), 1bb, 4k.  Got blown up his last start, but other than that, he's been very good. 

15 minutes ago, Chuck Richter said:

Kyle McGowin makes his Triple-A debut tonight for the Bees. 

The right-hander has fanned 32 over 25 2/3 innings so far this season. 

it's nice that he's actually starting on the road actually.  Tacoma is a pitchers park.  

Moyer 2-5.  .316

Ranyelmy Alberto 4-4, 3rbi.  21yo for the DR.  .867ops at orem last year after some supar years in the DSL, Orem, and Burlington.  

Shoemaker 6ip, 6h, 1er, 2bb, 8k, 1hr. 

Johnson 0-5, .059 so far at AAA

Outfielder Zach Welz after posting a .344/.414/.393 slash line in Low-A ball was promoted to High-A and is hitting .667 through three games. He's walked twice and has not struck out yet.

Zach is 24 today.  Happy Birthday to him.  He was an undrafted out of Texas Southern Univeristy.  Known for his work ethic.  A little speed and good obp.  a bit of pop, but not much.  Seems like one of those guys who continually out performs his talent and expectations.  

A - Burlington is now 12-18 after tonight's loss 

Jared Foster 2/4, double, rbi.  Starting to show a little something now sporting a .787 ops.  Just a reminder, he was a football guy who only recently started concentrating on baseball.  Excellent athlete.  Has late bloomer written all over him.  

Moyer still batting .299 with an .822 ops.  

Lot's of guys below or close to the mendoza line in this lineup otherwise. 

Jared Ruxer is an interesting relief prospect.  20.1ip, 24k, 0.89era so far.  23 yo 12 round pick out of louisville. 

A+ - 10-21 after tonight's win 5-0

Arakawa 1-5 hitting .304.  Played  SS tonight.  .779ops.  4 sb

Caleb Adams 2-5.  Still doing it.  .360/.964 on the season.  

Ward 2-5, .238.  

Jewell 6ip, 2h, 0er, 2bb, 7k.  Best start of the year by far.  8.54 era on the season.  

AA- 12-19 after tonight.  

Yarbrough 1-5, .250

Andrew Daniel 3-5, .232

Hinshaw 2-5, 2b, .212

Jabari Henry 2-4, .385/.928 in 13ab so far

Aguilera 1-3, 3b, 2rbi, bb, .295/.803

Alcantara 5ip, 7h, 4er, 2bb, 7k. 5.33era

AAAA (yes on purpose) 18-13 overall.  

Cunningham 2-3, bb, .320/.860

Cowart 2-4, 2b, rbi, .280/.746.  .345obp

Johnson 1-3, bb

Kubitza 1-3, 2b, .286/.812

Nate Smith, 5ip, 4h, 1er, 4k.  only 64 pitches.  Knowing our luck this year......

Kyle Kendrick 4ip, 4h, 1er, 1bb, 6k.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

A - Burlington is now 12-18 after tonight's loss 

Jared Foster 2/4, double, rbi.  Starting to show a little something now sporting a .787 ops.  Just a reminder, he was a football guy who only recently started concentrating on baseball.  Excellent athlete.  Has late bloomer written all over him.  

Moyer still batting .299 with an .822 ops.  

Lot's of guys below or close to the mendoza line in this lineup otherwise. 

Jared Ruxer is an interesting relief prospect.  20.1ip, 24k, 0.89era so far.  23 yo 12 round pick out of louisville. 

A+ - 10-21 after tonight's win 5-0

Arakawa 1-5 hitting .304.  Played  SS tonight.  .779ops.  4 sb

Caleb Adams 2-5.  Still doing it.  .360/.964 on the season.  

Ward 2-5, .238.  

Jewell 6ip, 2h, 0er, 2bb, 7k.  Best start of the year by far.  8.54 era on the season.  

AA- 12-19 after tonight.  

Yarbrough 1-5, .250

Andrew Daniel 3-5, .232

Hinshaw 2-5, 2b, .212

Jabari Henry 2-4, .385/.928 in 13ab so far

Aguilera 1-3, 3b, 2rbi, bb, .295/.803

Alcantara 5ip, 7h, 4er, 2bb, 7k. 5.33era

AAAA (yes on purpose) 18-13 overall.  

Cunningham 2-3, bb, .320/.860

Cowart 2-4, 2b, rbi, .280/.746.  .345obp

Johnson 1-3, bb

Kubitza 1-3, 2b, .286/.812

Nate Smith, 5ip, 4h, 1er, 4k.  only 64 pitches.  Knowing our luck this year......

Kyle Kendrick 4ip, 4h, 1er, 1bb, 6k.  

From what I understand @Dochalo there was a long delay due to bad weather in the Salt Lake game, which is probably why they let Kendrick finish off the game after Nate Smith started. 

I really like this Jabari Henry kid. If he can have a good next month or so I can see him getting promoted to AAA. 

This guy hit 30 HR a couple season's ago and has a minor league career OPS of .834

6 minutes ago, Chuck Richter said:

I really like this Jabari Henry kid. If he can have a good next month or so I can see him getting promoted to AAA. 

This guy hit 30 HR a couple season's ago and has a minor league career OPS of .834

I also think they may have limited Smith so he could go on Saturday for the halos.  At least that's what I'm hoping.  Henry is interesting.  Struggled last year in AA after having some really nice seasons up to that point.  Better than 10% BB rate.  Doesn't whiff a ton.  Can play some CF.  Minor league career obp of .360.