• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

If Albert doesn't produce and it certainly looks like he won't at this point, then it doesn't really matter at all.  My guess is the team or Scioscia feels Albert has a better chance of running into a hot streak than Cron has of hitting (directly) behind Trout.  

I feel the same way. Pujols has gotten off to slow starts every year since he's been here (like the whole offense) but he can get it going. The future of the season is very bleak but it isn't over. Play the division well and anything can happen

1 minute ago, OregonLAA said:

I feel the same way. Pujols has gotten off to slow starts every year since he's been here (like the whole offense) but he can get it going. The future of the season is very bleak but it isn't over. Play the division well and anything can happen

Probably the wrong thread for this discussion, but the offense isn't this bad.  The starting pitching might be and since that is the case, the bullpen will be based on being overworked.  13 games in a row of using 4 plus pitchers, that is insane.  Sure some of that is Scioscia going with match ups and using 3 pitchers in the 6th inning of a close game, but man, when was the last time Mahle didn't pitch in a game?  I don't know the numbers of late, but it seems like the pen isn't doing too awful bad considering.  Problem is they will tire out because the starters can't go 7 innings in a game ever, then people will be pissed off when the relief pitchers suck.  

Harper is getting more walks than just about anyone since Bonds retired. He is walked at least 2 times a game and 3 times a game is becoming a common occurrence. His OPS is sky rocketing while is batting average is hovering in the .270s. Teams don't want anything do do with him, it seems. He could really use some protection in the line up.

It's beginning to look like David Ortiz is one of those rare players who is retiring when he certainly hasn't lost much, if any, ability to perform.

Who else has retired near the top of their game? Maybe Ted Williams. Sandy Koufax, but he was forced out by injury. I cant think of any others in baseball.

Barry Sanders may be the greatest example in any sport.

8 hours ago, Ace_TommyJohn said:

Harper is getting more walks than just about anyone since Bonds retired. He is walked at least 2 times a game and 3 times a game is becoming a common occurrence. His OPS is sky rocketing while is batting average is hovering in the .270s. Teams don't want anything do do with him, it seems. He could really use some protection in the line up.

37 walks in 35 games.  That includes 6 walks in one game. 

13 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

It's beginning to look like David Ortiz is one of those rare players who is retiring when he certainly hasn't lost much, if any, ability to perform.

Who else has retired near the top of their game? Maybe Ted Williams. Sandy Koufax, but he was forced out by injury. I cant think of any others in baseball.

Jim Brown would likely take exception.

15 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I would go with Elway. Winning the Superbowl, just shy of 3k yards, 22 TD, QB Rating 92 in his final year. He had a very long career and at the end of his prime. Barry Sanders and Koufax still had shorter careers with some years left in their prime.

14 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Odor is a pussy. He can dish at out but he can't take it. I was going to say I hope he gets suspended, but he absolutely will be.

Amen -- that guy's getting quite the rep for being a dirty SOB, and yet he clocks a guy for coming in hard with a slide....     Also, Prince Fielder chuckling as he tells the pitcher he got ejected is pretty much the anti-Odor...  

Edited by Inside Pitch