• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

1 hour ago, Ace_TommyJohn said:

Harper  .252/.433/.602/1.035

He has been walking a lot but not many hits of late.

He also handed a jar of money to a homeless lady.

Not sure that is the best approach, but it's good to know he's not always a jackass.  

I'm guessing here... that one of the  reasons Seattle is playing so much better isn't all on Dipoto.

The "Anti-Scioscia", one Mr Scott Servais, might have a little something to do with the new attitude up there. His managerial career is off to a pretty nice start.

Of course Dipoto brought him in, so there's that too.

Ain't it great how the Angels cast off future managers in favor of the dinosaur?

I would be leery of Servais' beginning though.   He has mainly a scouting background.  

When the Halos did the same thing in 1969 (former scout Lefty Phillips replacing the fired Bill Rigney), it worked into August 1970 and then the wheels started falling off in September 1970 (some 10 games under .500 for the month after being some 20 games over .500), and that was followed by a 76-86 season in 1971 punctuated with several clubhouse issues.   Phillips was fired after the 1971 season.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I would be leery of Servais' beginning though.   He has mainly a scouting background.  

When the Halos did the same thing in 1969 (former scout Lefty Phillips replacing the fired Bill Rigney), it worked into August 1970 and then the wheels started falling off in September 1970 (some 10 games under .500 for the month after being some 20 games over .500), and that was followed by a 76-86 season in 1971 punctuated with several clubhouse issues.   Phillips was fired after the 1971 season.

Mainly a scouting background??

Dude..

Servais was a ML Catcher for a long time....he knows how the game is played on the field.

Lefty Phillips?  Really.. how does he even get into this conversation? The guy never played.

I generally respect your opinion, but you are way out in LF, hell, you're in the parking lot on this one.

That is true of course that Servais played for years, and hey it wouldn't be the first time I've gone out to LF.

But had he ever coached in pro or college ball before?     While the team will likely respect him because of the playing background (unlike Phillips), how will he handle clubhouse issues now being on the other side of the fence?    Maybe Phillips wasn't the best comparison, just the most remembered, but there's still some doubt in my mind.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Imagine the shit storm here if Sosh penciled Freese in the lead off spot?

It's funny. You know I don't think Scioscia is fit for the job anymore but how he constructs the lineup is something I've never had a problem with. The whole Pujols thing is tired. The only way the Angels get to the playoffs this year is if Albert produces. It doesn't matter where he hits. Calhoun or Cron hitting 4th isn't getting us to the playoffs