• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerry Dipoto on his time with the Angels

bloodbrother

When Jerry left I was pretty pissed off and at that moment I would have certainly taken him over Scioscia. That being said there is no debating who has been more succesful at what they do. I have no doubt that Scioscia has an ego, but he's had success, maybe not championships but success that no one else in this organization has ever had. Dipoto is a great guy, that made a few great trades, a lousy trade, a few lousy signings, and did absolutely nothing with our minor leagues. I guess if push came to shove and I had to pick one over the other it would still be Dipoto, but only because I would like to see new for the sake of new, not because I am convinced new will actually yield better results.

Sometimes, a manager's stay is overextended.

Even as solid as the Halos were in 2015 despite solid issues, Scioscia has been here into a 17th season now.

Very few managers EVER have lasted that long with one franchise. 

Maybe not now, but Scioscia may be into his last 2-3 seasons as Halos manager.   Hopefully, things go as well as they can go. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

AO, that doesn't really matter as far as the clubhouse goes these days. Hell I think Eric said something to the affect that 50% of the 40 man roster has been turned over this off season alone. Weaver is the longest tenured Angel after that it would be Albert and Trout, along with CJ, I would think. So in reality it is no different that him being here for 4 years minus Weaver. His message to his players is only as old as their tenure with the team. Now obviously that doesn't mean we don't get tired of it as fans because we were here before Weaver and we will be here after Trout.

It would be nice if Jerry just left these questions alone. There's really nothing new here. Everyone knows that they didn't always agree 100% of the time on everything. For some reason certain people interpret that as some sort of massive problem. Things worked out for Jerry, he should just be quiet about his time with the Angels. Who at the end of the day provided him an amazing opportunity to grow his career. I don't understand what purpose it serves to keep talking about it. Seriously, just be quiet Jerry.

Edited by UndertheHalo

It would be nice if Jerry just left these questions alone. There's really nothing new here. Everyone knows that they didn't always agree 100% of the time on everything. For some reason certain people interpret that as some sort of massive problem. Things worked out for Jerry, he should just be quiet about his time with the Angels. Who at the end of the day provided him an amazing opportunity to grow his career. I don't understand what purpose it serves to keep talking about it. Seriously, just be quiet Jerry.

He was asked similar questions shortly after he left and he gave honest quasi political responses you'd expect from someone in the Angels FO.  He isn't throwing anyone under the bus he's saying what most people thought to be true for quite a while.  If it bothers you that much then tune it out.  

They're going to ask no matter what.... I can see him thinking let me answer this and get it over with.   You can't get mad at him.  I don't know what that snippet is from, but it's likely just as much a fluff piece for how great things are in Seattle as it might be a slam piece on the Angels.   It's all to be expected.

Edited by Inside Pitch

They're going to ask no matter what.... I can see him thinking let me answer this and get it over with. You can't get mad at him. I don't know what that snippet is from, but it's likely just as much a fluff piece for how great things are in Seattle as it might be a slam piece on the Angels. It's all to be expected.

Yea I'm not mad at him, I just think enough is enough. If he stops talking about it they'll eventually stop asking.

In any org in any damn sport, the GM and Manager/coach should be on the same page with regards to the roster.  That clearly wasn't the case in Anaheim.

Unfortunately, with the Angels' inverted chain of command, that would mean giving in to Scioscia on everything. That isn't what you hire a GM for. In no other organization in baseball would a GM have had to deal with that much pushback from the field manager - with the owner supporting the latter.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Unfortunately, with the Angels' inverted chain of command, that would mean giving in to Scioscia on everything. That isn't what you hire a GM for. In no other organization in baseball would a GM have had to deal with that much pushback from the field manager - with the owner supporting the latter.

you sound awful positive about something you are completely guessing about.