• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

Logic dictates that it's not the money of the poor, who by virtue of being poor have no money, that the rich are taking. It's the money of the middle class. The middle class who were conned into a mortgage scandal and get to watch as companies send their jobs to places that are allowed to work people to death for practically nothing. Of course we can always just work harder and hope Richie Rich decides to throw me the bone from the steak that my father's labor provided him while he was busy preparing his draft deferments.

And now we're here arguing over who to vote into office so he/she/it can look the other way while they pick the other pocket. It's just getting harder and harder for a working man to make enough to buy a politician.

A Democrat has been in the White House 16 of the last 24 years.

Clinton and Obama both promoted free trade agreements that cost jobs here at home.

Obama bailed out the banks and allowed millions of homeowners go under.

Democrats have abandoned the middle class.

You aren't paying attention.  There is a limited number of people good at making money and it isn't like they just suddenly stop making money.  Taking their money and giving it to people who aren't good at making money won't change a damn thing.

Also, we continue to make it posh for the poor so why would they want to change their situation.

We have cities that people can't even get potable water yet they're living the life of luxury

Clinton and Obama both promoted free trade agreements that cost jobs here at home.

****ing Obama...can't believe he signed the bank bailout in September of 2008. Damn ninja is what he is.

This is why it's going to continue. Democrat vs Republican is the wrong us vs them.

At least read the link you provide if you think it's going to prove your point.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) (Pub.L. 111–5), commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, was a stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009 and signed into law on February 17, 2009, by President Barack Obama.

Here is the "gotcha" you were looking for regarding the bank bailout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008

The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (Division A of Pub.L. 110–343, 122 Stat. 3765, enacted October 3, 2008), commonly referred to as a bailout of the U.S. financial system, is a law enacted in response to the subprime mortgage crisis authorizing the United States Secretary of the Treasury to spend up to $700 billion to purchase distressed assets, especially mortgage-backed securities, and supply cash directly to banks. The funds for purchase of distressed assets were mostly redirected to inject capital into banks and other financial institutions while the Treasury continued to examine the usefulness of targeted asset purchases.[1][2] Both foreign and domestic banks are included in the program. 

Edited by red321

We have cities that people can't even get potable water yet they're living the life of luxury

I blame the voters for that.  They vote for war because they hate brown people but the though of paying for infrastructure bothers them.

Here's a good one from Glen's favorite source:

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2016/2/democrats-must-reconnect-with-the-white-working-class.html

Democrats are facing a major challenge all their own. A 2014 Gallup poll found that the percentage of Americans who identify as Democrats is at the lowest point since the 1950s. The party hemorrhaged supporters from 2008 to 2014, falling from 36 to 30 percent of national voters in the span of six years (Republicans saw a 2 point drop in the same period.)

What’s going on? Certainly, voters are frustrated with Washington, which has been deadlocked and bitterly partisan, particularly over the past eight years. And racial animus undoubtedly drove some supporters out of the Democratic Party after the election of Barack Obama in 2008, although this is nearly impossible to verify through polling.

But a major reason is that the mainstream Democratic Party has abandoned the white working class, a segment of the population that used to make up the backbone of the party. Rather than sending a message that poorer white Americans still matter to the party, Democratic elites tend to dismiss them as racist, uneducated and uninformed.

Research shows that working-class Americans are the people who have lost the most worldwide as a result of free trade and outsourcing, with real wages dropping over time. And in 2008, the housing bubble burst, wreaking havoc predominantly in lower-income communities.

By the way I am a Mensa member with an IQ in the 99th percentile.  But it must be luck.

I actually work hard and am smart, that's how I did it.  Crazy, I know.

Evidently you're not smart enough to realize that Mensa and IQ are narrow definitions of intelligence, or that many wealthy people are wealthy because of inheritance, luck or exploitation, and--perhaps most importantly--that not everyone can, should or wants to follow your path through life.

Oh snap! 

Suck on that genius cock, AJ

I used to be able to, but I'm less flexible in my middle years.

Such bullshit. Our poorest people are have plenty. They're ****ing rich on a global scale

That's like me comparing myself to OJ to prove I'm a good husband.  I mean yeah, the comparison is valid but it sets the bar way too ****ing low.

Yes, exactly. That graph was meant to stir the pot (aka "trolling"), which it did. I love it when you get all flustered. But hey, maybe it has some truth to it as well?

Anyhow, why do you feel the need to justify your opinions with claims of a high IQ and Mensa membership? If anything it only weakens your argument, that you feel the need to justify yourself in that way. You remind me of Trump boasting over his dick size. "Thou doth protest too much."

Why?

Because comparing our poor to the poor in other countries that don't have a pot to piss in is just weak.  We SHOULD be much better than that.  Same thing with the OJ comparison.  Not committing murder shouldn't make me look like a good husband.  

I like how the hard-working middle-class people in this thread, the ones that worked to get where they are, imply that being poor is cushy and make it seem somewhat desirable.  Is it really that great being poor in America?  So ****ing awesome that you busted your ass so you wouldn't be poor?

Here's a good one from Glen's favorite source:

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2016/2/democrats-must-reconnect-with-the-white-working-class.html

Democrats are facing a major challenge all their own. A 2014 Gallup poll found that the percentage of Americans who identify as Democrats is at the lowest point since the 1950s. The party hemorrhaged supporters from 2008 to 2014, falling from 36 to 30 percent of national voters in the span of six years (Republicans saw a 2 point drop in the same period.)

What’s going on? Certainly, voters are frustrated with Washington, which has been deadlocked and bitterly partisan, particularly over the past eight years. And racial animus undoubtedly drove some supporters out of the Democratic Party after the election of Barack Obama in 2008, although this is nearly impossible to verify through polling.

But a major reason is that the mainstream Democratic Party has abandoned the white working class, a segment of the population that used to make up the backbone of the party. Rather than sending a message that poorer white Americans still matter to the party, Democratic elites tend to dismiss them as racist, uneducated and uninformed.

Research shows that working-class Americans are the people who have lost the most worldwide as a result of free trade and outsourcing, with real wages dropping over time. And in 2008, the housing bubble burst, wreaking havoc predominantly in lower-income communities.

Zinger!  Thanks for bringing an interesting article, that I wouldn't have discovered without your help, to my attention.

Such bullshit. Our poorest people are have plenty. They're ****ing rich on a global scale

Yeah...to hell with those poor bastards, they could be living like this!

FOSuzPo.jpg

Or, maybe we should aspire to be better

pixel.gif