• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

Evidently you're not smart enough to realize that Mensa and IQ are narrow definitions of intelligence, or that many wealthy people are wealthy because of inheritance, luck or exploitation, and--perhaps most importantly--that not everyone can, should or wants to follow your path through life.

How many?

And its good enough that there are plenty of people who are plenty content to not achieve more.

The majority of poor people could be not poor if they were willing to work for it. 

You're so very wrong there Adam.

We're just going in circles at this point though.

Seriously AFL?

You think people have an unlimited ability to change things.

It's naive.

For the most part, yes. However it isn't as easy for everyone.

Stick your head in the sand then.

You're part of the problem.

You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of. 

Jimmy Carter said the US is now without a doubt an oligarchy.

Ever hear of confirmation bias? 

I have seen numerous people ask this question, including myself, but have never seen an answer.

why should we trust a government that has proven themselves anything but trustworthy?

Apparently because some people lived out the American dream too well and are unfairly working very hard and making too much money.

I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Most of the people in the 1-2% wake up every morning and spend a lot of their time, focus and activites on growing their wealth. If that is what they're living for, who is anyone to tell them they can't do that? 

The majority of billionaires in the world are self made:

http://www.businessinsider.com/richest-people-in-the-world-2015-4

From a PNC wealth management survey the majority of people with $500K to freely invest which they considered wealthy or likely millionaires when adding home equity and other investments earned their wealth while 6% inherited their wealth:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybuilder/2012/04/20/most-wealthy-individuals-earned-not-inherited-their-wealth-2/#4c34cc717480

The 69% who earned their wealth did so by "trading time and effort for money, or by working." 

I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Most of the people in the 1-2% wake up every morning and spend a lot of their time, focus and activites on growing their wealth. If that is what they're living for, who is anyone to tell them they can't do that? 

Because at a certain point it begins to harm the economy and society as a whole.

Nothing, a certain level of inequality is normal and healthy. When it gets too far skewed though economic problems arise.

"economic problems" is a pretty subjective term. You're not really saying anything here. 

In the most simple sense, anyone who violates the rights of others should be held accountable. Unfortunately, most people believe that the institution, which enables rich people to violate others to secure wealth, can solve the problem. 

Because at a certain point it begins to harm the economy and society as a whole.

I think people who are inclined to really have a soft spot for the poor should stop feeding the source of the problem (a crony government) with their energy, money and hope and instead help people directly. 

Sounds like free market bullshit to me.  It is a rigged system!

I'm not going to continue to spin my wheels on this, my issues come down to seeing the data in this video as a problem.

If you simply don't think this is an issue I have nothing to say.

Blue people good, red people BAD