• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

That's exactly what you're saying!

Oh, you aren't doing well? Must not be working hard enough.

I am saying instead of standing around and blaming other people and asking them for handouts I go and try to change it.  Some will be successful, some wont.  That is a lot better to me than rewarding people for not doing shit, or for being lazy or slovenly.

Like Adam said, the poor in this country are way better off than the poor in most countries.  They have more opportunities and welfare.  You don't fix things by giving people fewer incentives to earn it.

Freedom of choice is at the forefront of the American way.  You can choose to give everything you have to be rich, you can choose to try your hardest to have a good family, you can choose to forfeit being rich for more leisure, etc.  Sure you might choose to get rich and fail, the reason why there are so few rich people is because the skill set, ambition, drive, etc is rare in a human.  Just like the ability to play baseball like Mike Trout is rare.

Being a CEO of a fortune 500 company is like being a MLB baseball player.  It is a different skill set but it is still that rare and they do their time in the minors just the same.  Pointing fingers at them for being better than you at making money and then telling them that you deserve a cut is just as ridiculous as pointing your finger at Mike Trout for being a MLB player and telling him he should give you a piece of his check because you suck at baseball.

Edited by nate

Nate it's not about asking for handouts, that has jack shit to do with anything.

The Wealthiest people continue to get more wealthy while the poor continue to get more poor.

This is not a hard concept to understand, the scale is going the wrong way.

You aren't paying attention.  There is a limited number of people good at making money and it isn't like they just suddenly stop making money.  Taking their money and giving it to people who aren't good at making money won't change a damn thing.

Also, we continue to make it posh for the poor so why would they want to change their situation.

Yeah, you are so ****ing smart AJ.  That is why you make more money than me, right?

Chill, dude, chill. I'm sure you're smarter than me in some ways. That said, "intelligence" and "wealth" aren't the same thing, but it depends what one means by "intelligence."

I tend towards the view that IQ--which is what that chart displays--is a rather narrow brand of intelligence, that Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences is a much better model of intelligence and points out how there are different kinds of intelligence, and being bright in one way doesn't mean you're bright in another (I know many examples of this, including yours truly).

To make a lot of money, not only does one have to be smart in certain ways, but also have the interest in generating wealth over other activities - that is, prioritizing it. So I would say being wealthy is a combination of at least three factors: the necessary skills required to become wealth, the drive to become wealthy, and things outside of one's control (luck, inheritance, demographics). Note that the "necessary skills" is only one of the three factors, and no even necessary to become wealthy in all cases.

Logic dictates that it's not the money of the poor, who by virtue of being poor have no money, that the rich are taking. It's the money of the middle class. The middle class who were conned into a mortgage scandal and get to watch as companies send their jobs to places that are allowed to work people to death for practically nothing. Of course we can always just work harder and hope Richie Rich decides to throw me the bone from the steak that my father's labor provided him while he was busy preparing his draft deferments.

And now we're here arguing over who to vote into office so he/she/it can look the other way while they pick the other pocket. It's just getting harder and harder for a working man to make enough to buy a politician.