• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your 2016 HOF Vote

mancini79

If you had to turn in a ballot, who would you vote for? Any player that gets 75% of the vote would make the HOF. We did this back in 2014 and our results were nearly identical to the HOF vote. So post below who you would vote on your ballot. (10 players is the max allowed on a ballot). HOF will announce their official results Wednesday afternoon.

- Below are the updated AWin percentages along with the official HOF Ballot percentages (in bold). For the 2nd time doing this, we would have elected the exact same people.

Griffey 100%  99.3%

Piazza 76.9%  83.0%

Bagwell 65.4%  71.6%

Hoffman 57.7%  67.3%

Raines 53.9%  69.8%

Bonds 50.0%  44.3%

Clemens 42.3%  45.2%

Trammell 42.3%  40.9%

Edgar Martinez 34.6%  43.4%

Mussina 30.7%  43.0%

McGriff 23.1%  20.9%

McGwire 23.1%  12.3%

Schilling 19.2%  52.3%

Sosa 19.2%  7.0%

Lee Smith 19.2%  34.1%

Kent 15.4%  16.6%

Wagner 7.7%  10.5%

Sheffield 7.7%  11.6%

Edmonds 7.7%  2.5%

Garrett Anderson 3.9%  0.2%

Lowell 0%  0%

Luis Castillo 0%  0%

Brad Ausmus 0%  0%

Eckstein 0%  0.5%

Garciaparra 0%  1.8%

Glaus 0%  0%

Mike Sweeney 0%  0.7%

Grudzielanek 0%  0%

Mike Hampton 0%  0%

Jason Kendall 0%  0.5%

Larry Walker 0%  15.5%

Randy Winn 0%  0%

Edited by mancini79

ill preface this by saying to me fame means impact, guys i remember, that changed or impacted the game.. not just statistical analysis.  

Steroids are irrelevant in the discussion to me since MLB created and allowed the  situation till it became convenient to throw those guys under the bus.. it was simple part of the game and too widespread to ignore unless you want to pretend that entire generation of baseball history never happened.   Guys that were on trick ponies that were likely who they were only because of steroids... thats one thing, but guys that were great players either way, its irrelevant.

So... my list would look something like this if a limit it to 10:

Griffey

Piazza

Hoffman

Bonds

Clemens

McGwire

Raines

Lee Smith

Sosa

Trammell

Griffey Jr.

Hoffman

Still thinking about Barroids, Clemens, Sosa, Piazza, and McGwire

On the fence with Edgar Martinez, 50-50, although he was maybe the best ever DH. 

Bagwell never reached 500 HRs, a no go.

Raines is high up in career SBs, otherwise an excellent career but not HOF worthy.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

Griffey Jr.

Hoffman

Still thinking about Barroids, Clemens, Sosa, Piazza, and McGwire

On the fence with Edgar Martinez, 50-50, although he was maybe the best ever DH. 

Bagwell never reached 500 HRs, a no go.

Raines is high up in career SBs, otherwise an excellent career but not HOF worthy.  

That's weird.  I was going to say something about 3k hits.  Then I looked at his stats, and not even close.  I really thought Bags and Biggio both had 3k.  Scratch him off the list. 

Hoff and Griff.

If you had to turn in a ballot, who would you vote for? Any player that gets 75% of the vote would make the HOF. We did this back in 2014 and our results were nearly identical to the HOF vote. So post below who you would vote on your ballot. (10 players is the max allowed on a ballot). HOF will announce their official results Wednesday afternoon. I'll try to get the numbers by Tuesday night before their announcement.

Griffey

Bagwell

Piazza

Hoffman

Garrett Anderson

Brad Ausmus

Bonds

Luis Castillo

Clemens

Eckstein

Edmonds

Garciaparra

Glaus

Grudzielanek

Mike Hampton

Jason Kendall

Kent

Lowell

Edgar Martinez

McGriff

McGwire

Mussina

Raines

Schilling

Sheffield

Lee Smith

Sosa

Mike Sweeney

Trammell

Wagner

Larry Walker

Randy Winn

Raines

Mussina

Wagner

Trammell

Bagwell

Mike Piazza

Ken Griffey

Billy Wagner

Trevor Hoffman

That's weird.  I was going to say something about 3k hits.  Then I looked at his stats, and not even close.  I really thought Bags and Biggio both had 3k.  Scratch him off the list. 

Hoff and Griff.

Seriously?

Bagwell had almost 80 career war. Dude was a beast, walked a ton, hit for average, played gold glove defense, hit homers, doubles, triples and stole over 200 bases. What else do you want?

If Gwyn is a hall of famer, Raines should be in as well. Raines got on base more than Gwynn in a less offense oriented era and stole way more bases, hit more homers and hit more triples. Raines only had about 100 more plate appearances than Gwynn.

Seriously?

Bagwell had almost 80 career war. Dude was a beast, walked a ton, hit for average, played gold glove defense, hit homers, doubles, triples and stole over 200 bases. What else do you want?

If Gwyn is a hall of famer, Raines should be in as well. Raines got on base more than Gwynn in a less offense oriented era and stole way more bases, hit more homers and hit more triples. Raines only had about 100 more plate appearances than Gwynn.

Gwynn was the hitting machine of the NL for his era. Batted over .350 seven times and won eight batting titles. Not a good comparison for Raines.

He got on base 3,977 times, 47th all time which is more than Tony Gwynn's 3,955 times. He did that while making 6,670 outs to Gwynn's 6,661. Tony Gwynn was a 1st ballot hall of famer.   He's 5th all time in stolen bases and 13th in stolen base percentage. The only reason why he isn't in yet is because he wasn't Rickey Henderson. Well as Rickey would say, there was only one Rickey.

He got on base 3,977 times, 47th all time which is more than Tony Gwynn's 3,955 times. He did that while making 6,670 outs to Gwynn's 6,661. Tony Gwynn was a 1st ballot hall of famer. He's 5th all time in stolen bases and 13th in stolen base percentage. The only reason why he isn't in yet is because he wasn't Rickey Henderson. Well as Rickey would say, there was only one Rickey.

I think Raines should be compared to the other fast guys that played a long time, not Gwynn.