• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyward to Cubs

Mauch Won

Schwarber or Soler (one of the two in a package) to Cleveland incoming.

I don't think Heaney nets you Soler. Skaggs definitely doesn't. I feel like there is a lot of value in Soler out there, with one example being the Braves who wanted Soler from Chicago for Miller (though i'm sure there were more pieces involved). I think that if the Cubs trade Soler, it will be for a big time pitcher like Carlos Carrasco. Maybe Soler, Hammel, and Almora for Carrasco.

Cubs will then sign Span/Parra to a 3 year deal. Probably Parra (given that they've spent so much $ already). I can see him for 3/23 for a chance to play on that team.

Heyward, Zobrist, Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, Russel, Montero, Pitcher, Parra

Arrieta, Lester, Carrasco, Lackey, Hendrick

wow.

I could also see a Schwarber deal instead of Soler, maybe for Salazar. Schwarber and Hammel for Salazar

I like Soler, but you are drastically overvaluing him. He and Baez have had limited offensive success in the majors. They aren't surefire .850+ OPS players yet, so the thought of getting a solid to spectacular starter one for one?

Skaggs alone would be enough for either guy and I think we'd be overpaying. For Carlos Carrasco? It would take both plus prospects. Now Schwarber is riding high on a great audition, that would make more sense, but defensively where does he play?

If you can, take a step back and clear your heads. You are now Heyward. Now take a look at your options. First, you're going to be a mega millionaire no matter where you go. So now, what team might offer you the best experience? I'm not going to name all the reasons, but if you didn't pick the Cubs, your picker is broken.

Edited by Jim

Yeah, once I heard the Cubs were heavily involved, I figured that if we had been in it, we no longer were. Who doesn't want to be on the first Cubs team to win a World Series in over a century? I believe Zobrist said it best.

If that Cubs team wins the Series at some point in the next few years, nobody on that team will ever have to buy a drink on the North Side of Chicago for as long as they live.

I actually don't like this for the Cubs. They already have a very young, very stacked lineup - Heyward improves it, but not hugely so. But even more so, in a year or two there's going to be several players on the team better than Heyward making a lot less money. So the Cubs are, in a sense, raising the future asking prices for these players.