• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels after Cespedes?

link?

And im not debating that, ive kind of suspected it, but have never actually read it anywhere

I tried to google and didn't find anything but didn't try very hard.  It might have just been AZ trying to justify the trade.  They tried to trade him to Seattle before he eventually went to Atl.  They were questioning his enthusiasm and were unhappy with him not being dedicated to his rehab from a thumb injury or something.

I tried to google and didn't find anything but didn't try very hard. It might have just been AZ trying to justify the trade. They tried to trade him to Seattle before he eventually went to Atl. They were questioning his enthusiasm and were unhappy with him not being dedicated to his rehab from a thumb injury or something.

yeah, ive never "heard" anything official, but ive always kind of had a feeling there was something to that.

Then again, it could have been more of a personal thing with him and some people in Az. But i said a few weeks ago, upton for whatever reason strikes me as the type of guy who might not care as much once he gets paid. I think the talent is there to put up way better numbers, but maybe hes too "content". Again, just a feeling

Dude has had mental issues in the past.  AZ cut ties with him because of attitude and effort issues.  No need to give a guy like that a big contract.

Are you sure you're not thinking about his brother?   From what I understand he had a bit of an Edmonds issue (he didnt look like he was trying).  He had a red-ass for a manager who wanted him to go around looking angry after losses, and was labeled as soft as a result.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Are you sure you're not thinking about his brother?   From what I understand he had a bit of an Edmonds issue (he didnt look like he was trying).  He had a red-ass for a manager who wanted him to go around looking angry after losses, and was labeled as soft as a result.

Exactly. Gibson was a terrible manager who ran things terribly. I have no problem with anyone he had a problem with.

Cespedes is a brown version of Calhoun. Whilst this wouldn't be a terrible addition to the lineup, the Angels still need LH bats and guys to drive in.

Gordon makes far more sense than Cespedes.

And Heyward makes far more sense than anyone else.

Which is why we'll end up with Cespedes and he'll pull a Vernon on us.

Edited by tdawg87

The effort thing was Kirk Gibson being a moron. He complained Upton didn't try hard enough and railroaded him out of AZ. Know who else supposedly doesn't try hard enough? Bryce Harper. Upton is fine. AZ dumped him because they were managed by morons, and Atlanta traded him because they were trading everybody.

Yeah I had heard a lot of negative things about his attitude over the years, but when I recently tried to look into this is what I basically came across.  Upton has gained this perception he is a slacker, but it seems that it is nothing more than that: a perception.  I still prefer Heyward, but it doesn't have to do with attitude.

Has everyone forgot that Calhoun thrived in '14 leading off? We need an impact bat..why are people so high on Gordon? The dude hit 8th towards the end for KC..in my opinion he's not worth 20mil plus a year compared to a guy like Cespedes who can win you a game with one swing, with his arm, glove and legs.

Has everyone forgot that Calhoun thrived in '14 leading off? We need an impact bat..why are people so high on Gordon? The dude hit 8th towards the end for KC..in my opinion he's not worth 20mil plus a year compared to a guy like Cespedes who can win you a game with one swing, with his arm, glove and legs.

Gordon hit 8th because Yost hasn't been known to be good with lineup management. He had a .293 OBP guy bat leadoff to end the season. Gordon has been a very solid hitter for years now.