• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nori Aoki

Cdaniel

I'd love him. He's good at the plate. Though he's not a very good fielder necessarily, glancing over his numbers.

Above average plug in off the bench. Definitely better than the guys we have there now.

EDIT: T, that's why I wouldn't rely on him to start. Dude will be 34 next year. Plus...ya know...we'll have Heyward in LF so the spot's taken lol

Edited by laagamer

Honestly getting Aoki and Zobrist to plug in to the 1-2 spots in the lineup makes a lot of sense for this team. Yes they are both old but that means they will sign shorter term contracts. Aoki might get a 1 year deal with an option and Zobrist will get 4 years max.

As a 4th OF...Aoki has been pretty good for the Giants, at least he was....I didn't follow them as closely this season, but I live in their territory.

I'm surprised they aren't keeping him around. They are a smart org, so I'd say buyer beware if they didn't pick up his option.

They need pitching desperately, so maybe they are allotting every penny (million) to picking up a starter or even two.

Grienke is being chanted everywhere in Bay Area baseball circles, and he's going to cost a bundle.. 

Edited by Homebrewer

As a 4th OF...Aoki has been pretty good for the Giants, at least he was....I didn't follow them as closely this season, but I live in their territory.

I'm surprised they aren't keeping him around. They are a smart org, so I'd say buyer beware if they didn't pick up his option.

They need pitching desperately, so maybe they are allotting every penny (million) to picking up a starter or even two.

Grienke is being chanted everywhere in Bay Area baseball circles, and he's going to cost a bundle.. 

It will be real interesting to see where Grienke lands.

Every Giants fan I know is convinced that he is going to be walking  on  SF Bay in a long flowing robe next season.

So yeah, he turned down 70 million or so to enter FA, and it was the right move. He is going to get paid in a Major Way.

It will be interesting, but it is going to cost Pujols money and then some.

Edited by Homebrewer

Aoki, Zobrist, Jaso, and two bullpen arms. No hot stove championship, but they'll make the 2016 playoffs.

Complimentary players are exactly what this team needs. Avoid the big splash if it's going to come at the expense of adding these type of players to fill other needs, which then ends up with dumpster diving types.

Oh yeah, and if they can swing a deal for Prado to add to the above that would be great as well.

Aoki, Zobrist, Jaso, and two bullpen arms. No hot stove championship, but they'll make the 2016 playoffs.

Complimentary players are exactly what this team needs. Avoid the big splash if it's going to come at the expense of adding these type of players to fill other needs, which then ends up with dumpster diving types.

Oh yeah, and if they can swing a deal for Prado to add to the above that would be great as well.

This.

EDIT:

I also wouldn't mind a mid-rotation solidified starter. Nothing flashy, just an Estrada/Gallardo or even Chen if he doesn't cost too much. Too many questions in our SP right now. Package a younger guy or two for Prado/Escobar. We get a 3B and have a more reliable rotation.

Edited by marcosantinia12