• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

we're in no way better than other countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcrbyxe3LW4

Posted this video in another thread, but is a better fit over here imo

Not going to get into another endless argument. 

Sherif Gaber (full name Sherif Gaber Abdelzim Bakr), born c. 1993 (Arabic: شريف جابر عبد العظيم بكر)[1] is an Egyptian political activist and blogger who was arrested on October 27, 2013 for professing atheism, contempt of religion relating to activities on campus and atheist statements online, and spreading immoral values "defending homosexuality".[2]

I don’t see myself as an activist, I simply want people to listen, and think without fear. I could do it from anywhere else in the world, but I believe it would have a more powerful effect to do it here, where we’re born and raised. I was offered asylum from Switzerland but I refused.

Edited by Poozy

As the lands in and around Israel are sacred to 3 religions, and after WWII, the world decided that we would cut out lands of existing peoples and give them to the Jewish people to create a Jewish state, which, putting aside any arguments over whether it was the "right" thing to do, should have raised red flags since we were inserting millions of people of a group that the present inhabitants weren't big fans of into the lands of folks who adhered to the most violent and backwards religion on the planet, how is all of this a surprise?

And for the Jews, do they need that land, or if they were given Florida or a chunk of Brazil or all of Arizona, would that make them happy, or do they need that exact land? I ask cause sometimes you need to be the bigger person, and since Muslims are the planets equivalent of a violent 5 year old, I sometimes wonder if New Israel someplace other than smack dab in the middle of violent beard central would've been a better solution.

Just kind of wondering out loud, I guess. It's sacred to Christians too, but we didn't need to make a part of it The state of New Arkansas.

That land is holy for both Jews and Muslims but obviously more so for the Jews. And some Christians want the Jews there because of the stories written in the scriptures, and some believe they need the Jews there for the End Times to take place. This is one conflict where religion doesn't do any good, IMO.

As the lands in and around Israel are sacred to 3 religions, and after WWII, the world decided that we would cut out lands of existing peoples and give them to the Jewish people to create a Jewish state, which, putting aside any arguments over whether it was the "right" thing to do, should have raised red flags since we were inserting millions of people of a group that the present inhabitants weren't big fans of into the lands of folks who adhered to the most violent and backwards religion on the planet, how is all of this a surprise?

And for the Jews, do they need that land, or if they were given Florida or a chunk of Brazil or all of Arizona, would that make them happy, or do they need that exact land? I ask cause sometimes you need to be the bigger person, and since Muslims are the planets equivalent of a violent 5 year old, I sometimes wonder if New Israel someplace other than smack dab in the middle of violent beard central would've been a better solution.

Just kind of wondering out loud, I guess. It's sacred to Christians too, but we didn't need to make a part of it The state of New Arkansas.

I think putting Israel in Israel makes sense. Also, the mosque in and around the Temple Mount was placed there to displace the Temple. It wasn't part of Israel until Israel took it when it won the war against those who wished to destroy it. Muslims can still go there. 

That land is holy for both Jews and Muslims but obviously more so for the Jews. And some Christians want the Jews there because of the stories written in the scriptures, and some believe they need the Jews there for the End Times to take place. This is one conflict where religion doesn't do any good, IMO.

I can't think of a single conflict where religion did any good.

Juan, the Arabs did not destroy the temple. When Israel occupied Jerusalem and the West Bank in 1967, Jordan was not attempting to destroy what's left of the temple. That narrative is absolutely false. Also, the Indian reservation analogy is ridiculous. Native Americans were herded on to shitty pieces of land against their will in many cases. These worthless parcels that we call reservations were not inhabited by other peoples. There is no dispute over the reservations. At the heart of the Arab Israeli conflict is a dispute over land. So, again the comparison makes no sense. Btw Juan, assuming you could prove who your ancestors were 2500+ years ago would you think to have a legitimate claim to the land that they lived on ?

I can't think of a single conflict where religion did any good.

There are several: 

1. It prevented a war between Portugal and Spain over the Americas.

2. It prevented the enslavement of the Indians by the Spaniards. 

3. It tried to prevent WW1, but alleviated much suffering, as it did in many wars. 

4. It tried to prevent the rise of Hitler. 

There are other examples, but I don't have time to look them up. 

Well as long as the stage is set for some cinematic Judeo Christian end times I guess thats all that matters. 

Translation: Organized religion is ****ing nuts. People practically evangelize Atheism, which is a ridiculous way to waste time, because the alternative is currently the worlds greatest evil. All 3 major religions have completely ****ed up the world. One has all the money, one has all the military power, and the other is terrorizing civilians in every country they can. They all pervert a belief system for personal gain. George W. Bush did it just to get elected and re-elected. Apparently Jesus didn't have our back in Iraq.

umm..so which one is the jews? Money I'm assuming? How can .2% of the worlds population have all the money?

And why wasn't I notified? Where the **** are my shekels! I know as a white man, I'm privileged as ****, but I want my jew gold dammit.

Edited by Poozy

Top general recommends keeping more US troops in Afghanistan

So, the chain of events the last few days were.

We didn't do it.

We were in the area.

We might have done it.

It was the Afgans that called the strike.

and finally, we did it.

"To be clear, the decision to provide (airstrikes) was a U.S. decision, made within the U.S. chain of command," Campbell said. "The hospital was mistakenly struck. We would never intentionally target a protected medical facility."

Close Air Support missions don't fall under the same rules of engagement as other air strikes. As long as the gunship was firing rounds smaller than 105 mm Howitzer rounds it's the discretion of the aircrew to select targets and the pilot is the one who ultimately squeezes the trigger. 

Once they know whether the crew was briefed that this was a hospital or not they'll assign the blame pretty quickly. These incidents are rare because the Air Force takes it seriously and the crews are well-trained and disciplined.