• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oregon state police: Reports of 10 dead at college

I'm at my part-time student job at my college as we speak. All these mass shootings make me wonder when it's our turn to get shot up. But one good thing is that Utah schools allow concealed carry permit holders to pack on campus and I personally know of faculty that are always carrying. 

I can't help but wonder if the outcome would have been different in Oregon if mentally stable students were allowed to defend themselves and their classmates from the psycho shooter.

i can't envision any scenario where i'd feel comfortable with armed college students.

i know you'll make your case for it, but i can't support the idea.

i think a better solution would be to hire more security and leave this kind of reaction to professionals, not to a bunch of emotionally charged kids who may have just seen their friends get shot.

Somebody asked why anybody would do this. I think there are two rational reasons. One is if he believes he's doing good. This is the Muslim terrorists. Another has to do with this statement I just found, I think attributed to the killer about another killer: 

I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are. A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems the more people you kill, the more your’re in the limelight.

Think about this: If you're going to commit suicide anyways, and you don't believe that there are any eternal consequences, and you like the idea of being famous, why not kill two birds with one stone? 

You'd be amazed how many people don't believe in eternal consequences and don't even own a gun. Many of them are anti-gun marxist commies(worse than a Mooslem).

There are 9 guns for every 10 US citizens. I think our answer is right there. Doesn't help that fanatical groups with political agendas inadvertently brain wash a nut job into doing something like this. Why do you think there has been so many school shootings during the Obama administration? Radical propaganda used as a marketing strategy. What if everyone who drank Pepsi thought anyone who drinks Coke is attempting to disgrace their God, Saint Pepsi? Remember how John Lennon was shot? One nut job who believed a bunch of propaganda.

Thats just my simple take on all the school shootings. I don't believe in eternal consequences though and not nearly enough people pay attention to me, so I'm probably just writing this for attention.

Do you have evidence of this? It seems that most of the shootings haven't been perpetrated by NRA members. 

This country basically said a collective "meh" when 20 six-year olds were slaughtered in their classroom.

I'm guessing even less of a shit will be given for 10-20 college kids.

I'm really late to this discussion and I'm not going to read through all of the posts.  I'm sure the anger of the Angels loss last night will further incite this thread to be even more disfunctional than most.

Regardless, I think you will be surprised to hear that I agree with you.  I just don't think we would want to focus on the same things.  While I do think that a discussion on what kind of weapons should be available and who should get them, I believe the main focus should be "why" these things are happening.  What brings a person to the point of wanting to end the lives of people they don't even know. 

Any discussion that doesn't include that is just a band-aid on what is ailing this nation.  I know that this guy targeted Christians but I don't think that is the main point.  He was mentally ill and fell through the cracks. 

By the way, it sounds like what he had were just handguns. 

I'm confused.  Is he white or Muslim?  Or maybe it's that Myspace is still around, and used.

This is what is called a "category error." White refers to skin color and race, Muslim refers to religion. The two terms are not mutually exclusive.

Somebody asked why anybody would do this. I think there are two rational reasons. One is if he believes he's doing good. This is the Muslim terrorists. Another has to do with this statement I just found, I think attributed to the killer about another killer: 

Think about this: If you're going to commit suicide anyways, and you don't believe that there are any eternal consequences, and you like the idea of being famous, why not kill two birds with one stone? 

I see, so only a Muslim or an atheist would do something like this?

I beg to differ.

I'm really late to this discussion and I'm not going to read through all of the posts. I'm sure the anger of the Angels loss last night will further incite this thread to be even more disfunctional than most.

Regardless, I think you will be surprised to hear that I agree with you. I just don't think we would want to focus on the same things. While I do think that a discussion on what kind of weapons should be available and who should get them, I believe the main focus should be "why" these things are happening. What brings a person to the point of wanting to end the lives of people they don't even know.

Any discussion that doesn't include that is just a band-aid on what is ailing this nation. I know that this guy targeted Christians but I don't think that is the main point. He was mentally ill and fell through the cracks.

By the way, it sounds like what he had were just handguns.

Good post. I would favor stricter enforcement of current laws coupled with more focus on the mental aspect of these crimes, which admittedly is difficult in the extreme.

Anyone else enjoying the people coming out of the woodwork that think introducing more guns to the situation is the solution ? Also yea, nothing is changing. If we didn't change after 20 babies got shot up in Newton we aren't changing now. That was the most horrific domestic event I can remember in my lifetime and literally nothing was done.

AJ, your posts are no different than Juan when the links you have start off with "Neocons"

Its a forest/trees thing, nate. My main point to Juan was that horrendous acts of violence are not only committed by Muslims and atheists, as he was not-so-subtly implying. Christians have their own share of crazy too.

The slip size on those muskets is what made them so dangerous.

I'm not a gun guy, but its actually a pretty nice piece. I can see why he would only let it go from his cold, dead hands.