• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We need to bring Latos back next year

laagamer

Remember when Mark Lowe had a good outing or two for us? Then AO went all AO about how good he is and he should pitch more. Then he pitched more and sucked. Then AO went all AO and wanted him released and asked why he was even on the team. This could very well be that, minus AO since he can't come back until the last day of the season and Latos will essentially be gone by then.

In one night the board went from "why did we sign this clown?" to "we should sign him for next year."

To be fair, I actually had the first response in the original Latos thread, which was one of excitement, and mentioned that he'd be a great piece for next year.

But the general consensus of that thread was negative, yes.

Pitching is so mental, that someone with a f'd up mentality is a bad bet as a pitcher.

I'm just reading a book by an ex-pitcher, and one of the main points of it is how fast a pitcher can lose his mental make-up and how much that messes with his physical abilities.

Plus, one little problem in the clubhouse with Scioscia as manager, and he will be gone anyhow...

So, for multiple reasons, I just don't see this guy sticking with the team past the next few days.

Pitching is so mental, that someone with a f'd up mentality is a bad bet as a pitcher.

I'm just reading a book by an ex-pitcher, and one of the main points of it is how fast a pitcher can lose his mental make-up and how much that messes with his physical abilities.

Plus, one little problem in the clubhouse with Scioscia as manager, and he will be gone anyhow...

So, for multiple reasons, I just don't see this guy sticking with the team past the next few days.

you were making real good points and then you had to throw in your regurgitation about Scioscia

Ergo, you will get no "Like" from me!

Remember when Mark Lowe had a good outing or two for us? Then AO went all AO about how good he is and he should pitch more. Then he pitched more and sucked. Then AO went all AO and wanted him released and asked why he was even on the team. This could very well be that, minus AO since he can't come back until the last day of the season and Latos will essentially be gone by then.

Wait, AO banned himself again too?  Damn, I miss all the good stuff when I only skim the main forum.

As soon as the ball got by Giavotella after him misjudging the ball, he angrily smacked his glove into his leg looking that direction.

Just rubbed me the wrong way in your first damn game. I don't want his attitude to mess up what we got going.

By the way, just to add to this, Victor Rojas actually said something along the lines of "Latos actually looked angry at his defense for not making the play"

As soon as the ball got by Giavotella after him misjudging the ball, he angrily smacked his glove into his leg looking that direction.

Just rubbed me the wrong way in your first damn game. I don't want his attitude to mess up what we got going.

Um , no.

It was a screamer that Giavotella had no chance at and Latos was angry because he grooved a FB.

Think you were watching the Mariners game buddy. 

EDIT: And Rojas said nothing of the sort. Gubi remarked that he looked angry for allowing a single. Once again, wrong broadcast me thinks. 

Edited by laagamer

Never did like him. Average stuff and control.

Fair enough.  I guess that why I like him for the situation the Angels have.  I just don't really think they should be adding a starter given what it would take to add someone of true impact.  So the only situation I see signing a FA is one where they have traded away a SP.  Gallardo's very average, but he's been reliably so and would be a perfect replacement for anyone the Angels might trade in the offseason.  

Um , no.

It was a screamer that Giavotella had no chance at and Latos was angry because he grooved a FB.

EDIT: And Rojas said nothing of the sort. Gubi remarked that he looked angry for allowing a single. Once again, wrong broadcast me thinks. 

You're wrong.

Giavotella misjudged the ball. He didn't even take a step until the ball was close to the dirt in front of him. And yes, Victor did make that comment i'm referring to.

Try to hide your Latos bias better, it's well known you want him to stick around.

Um , no.

No, Rojas and Gubi were saying he was pissed at himself because he didn't make the play.  He missed the ball by inches.

You're wrong.

Giavotella misjudged the ball. He didn't even take a step until the ball was close to the dirt in front of him. And yes, Victor did make that comment i'm referring to.

Try to hide your Latos bias better, it's well known you want him to stick around.

No, you are wrong.