• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let's not fool ourselves....

Second Base

I'm worried Iannetta will be back - he'll be cheap and I can see the FO (whomever it is) justifying it by saying he's due for a bounce back year. And I don't see any way that CJ doesn't come back, at least for the start of the season to prove that he's healthy and effective. I wouldn't really see the logic in trading him this offseason anyway.

http://monkeywithahalo.com/2015-articles/lets-not-fool-ourselves.html

Thinking it might be a good idea to bring back Freese, Iannetta, Feathersto, Salas and Wilson?  I hope not. 

Wilson is under contract so he is coming back. Featherston can go back to the minors now that his rule 5 exemption expired. Salas is league minimum club control, he will be back. The only guys not returning are Freese and Iannetta and for good reason.

I'm worried Iannetta will be back - he'll be cheap and I can see the FO (whomever it is) justifying it by saying he's due for a bounce back year. And I don't see any way that CJ doesn't come back, at least for the start of the season to prove that he's healthy and effective. I wouldn't really see the logic in trading him this offseason anyway.

Iannetta. Is a free agent

Wilson is under contract so he is coming back. Featherston can go back to the minors now that his rule 5 exemption expired. Salas is league minimum club control, he will be back. The only guys not returning are Freese and Iannetta and for good reason.

Wilson may end up being the odd man out with Skaggs reentering the picture.  If he is back, he'll need to not only outperform others, but he also might need to pitch his way out of a potential bullpen placement.  Featherston will almost certainly find himself back in AAA.  Salas is in his final year before free agency, and costs three times the league minimum.  Bringing him back would be awfully stupid.  

Wilson may end up being the odd man out with Skaggs reentering the picture. If he is back, he'll need to not only outperform others, but he also might need to pitch his way out of a potential bullpen placement. Featherston will almost certainly find himself back in AAA. Salas is in his final year before free agency, and costs three times the league minimum. Bringing him back would be awfully stupid.

Your disdain for Wilson is getting comical ... Just stop it already .

Wilson may end up being the odd man out with Skaggs reentering the picture.  If he is back, he'll need to not only outperform others, but he also might need to pitch his way out of a potential bullpen placement.  Featherston will almost certainly find himself back in AAA.  Salas is in his final year before free agency, and costs three times the league minimum.  Bringing him back would be awfully stupid.  

Skaggs hasn't pitched since 2014 and is coming off TJ surgery. There's no way they're going to count on him being a regular in the rotation next year. Also, Wilson's value is extremely low right now. Why trade him? you're paying him anyway, might as well see if he comes back strong. If so, you have the option of trading him and not eating so much salary.

Skaggs hasn't pitched since 2014 and is coming off TJ surgery. There's no way they're going to count on him being a regular in the rotation next year. Also, Wilson's value is extremely low right now. Why trade him? you're paying him anyway, might as well see if he comes back strong. If so, you have the option of trading him and not eating so much salary.

this is exactly right.  There is no benefit to trading or otherwise getting rid CJ.  We would literally have to pay him to play for another team, whats the point ? No body is gonna give up anything for him.  Ianetta obviously shouldn't be back and if he is what kind of deal could he possibly command.  He's been terrible and even when he wasn't horrible he wasn't very good.  The same with Feather. Why even think about these guys, worst case scenario is DFA non factors.  Ianetta wont be back.  David Freese I think you kind of low ball here.  He's not great but he's at least a major league ball player.  If its the right deal (cheap) why not bring him back.  Depth is never a bad thing.  Anyway he probably wont be back either.

Wilson may end up being the odd man out with Skaggs reentering the picture. If he is back, he'll need to not only outperform others, but he also might need to pitch his way out of a potential bullpen placement. Featherston will almost certainly find himself back in AAA. Salas is in his final year before free agency, and costs three times the league minimum. Bringing him back would be awfully stupid.

Skaggs most likely will begin the season in AAA. Take a closer look at his record, it's not impressive at a mid four era. Until he actually shows he has what it takes to compete, has arm strength, control of his primary and secondary pitches, Skaggs will not be on the roster. I don't expect to see him before June unless there is an injury to one of the starting five.

Skaggs most likely will begin the season in AAA. Take a closer look at his record, it's not impressive at a mid four era. Until he actually shows he has what it takes to compete, has arm strength, control of his primary and secondary pitches, Skaggs will not be on the roster. I don't expect to see him before June unless there is an injury to one of the starting five.

And Salas..... Do you still think he makes the major league minimum and is coming back?

I would laugh my ass off if the new GM DFAs Featherweght after we suffered through him all season.

I think CJ is back for reasons others have said - he's better than his trade value, so not worth paying to play for someone else. Plus, Skaggs will likely be babied and Weaver continues to decline, plus Shoemaker is erratic.

The only other player that will be back is Featherston. Back in AAA, that is. I think the Angels potentially ruined his career by keeping him on the major league roster but not playing him. He lost a full year of crucial development and now is back to AAA at age 26.

I think 3B is filled from within - probably Cowart, or maybe Kubitza. LF and C will be free agent signings.

I think CJ is back for reasons others have said - he's better than his trade value, so not worth paying to play for someone else. Plus, Skaggs will likely be babied and Weaver continues to decline, plus Shoemaker is erratic.

The only other player that will be back is Featherston. Back in AAA, that is. I think the Angels potentially ruined his career by keeping him on the major league roster but not playing him. He lost a full year of crucial development and now is back to AAA at age 26.

I think 3B is filled from within - probably Cowart, or maybe Kubitza. LF and C will be free agent signings.

The one I can't figure out is Murphy. We have the option and he won't be overt expensive. But at the same time is he the quality LF we are shooting for?

The one I can't figure out is Murphy. We have the option and he won't be overt expensive. But at the same time is he the quality LF we are shooting for?

Pick up his option, but the issue is if you do that you can't really sign Cespedes. I think in a pinch Upton or Heyward could play CF, just not sure Cespedes could. If you pick up Murphy's option you need at least someone who can play CF.

I don't really mind keeping Murphy around as a bench player-4th OF-pinch hitter.

He is the only one of Stonehead's group of used up OF's (I still don't believe he actually went out and got 3 of em, what a bonehead).. that still has a little tread left on his tires.

When are we getting a GM, anyhow?