• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

4 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Today is such an awesome day.

It is. I have no side effects from the vaccine and I was able to remove a drain clog from one of our showers without much issue. I also started a bourbon infinity bottle and it’s actually a nice tasting sipper 

Edited by Jason

46 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I thought it looked weird because it says doesn't exist rather than suspended. Looks like he deleted his account himself.

Rush Limbaugh leaves Twitter: Radio host deactivates Twitter account
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2021/01/08/rush-limbaugh-leaves-twitter-following-trump-ban/6605864002/

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I posted in the other thread that I support their right to do whatever they want. I also don’t think that suppressing the speech of a large amount of people from one side is the direction that’s best for the country. That’s as un-American as it gets. I also understand that many on the left will fully support the idea of suppressing speech.

A bunch of people using online platforms organized an assault on congress for the purpose of stopping an election. There is no question that these platforms are evaluating their role in this and making changes to protect their ass.

If people want privately owned tech platforms to not limit speech then people need to stop using said platforms to organize an invasion of congress, plant bombs on capitol hill and kill police officers. It's that simple.

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

A bunch of people using online platforms organized an assault on congress for the purpose of stopping an election. There is no question that these platforms are evaluating their role in this and making changes to protect their ass.

If people want privately owned tech platforms to not limit speech then people need to stop using said platforms to organize an invasion of congress, plant bombs on capitol hill and kill police officers. It's that simple.

Do you think BLM rioters used social media to organize and plan? Did these companies evaluate themselves after that? I think this is what pisses people off is they pick and choose based on their own political ideologies 

Edited by Jason

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do you think BLM rioters used social media to organize and plan? Did these companies evaluate themselves after that? I think this is what pisses people off is they pick and choose based on their own political ideologies 

Yes to all of this, and I will also say that most of these platforms have a liberal bias that has probably impacted their ability to maintain an image of fairness in this area. They are also uniquely impacted by popular opinion ($), so fairness and right or wrong often lose out to mainstream opinion. 

16 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You certainly are showing an inclination to stamp down dissent

I think regular folks like Brian getting suspended is dangerous. Public figures getting suspended doesn't bother me as much, especially a dude who has a radio show.

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I think regular folks like Brian getting suspended is dangerous. Public figures getting suspended doesn't bother me as much, especially a dude who has a radio show.

That is the point though, isn’t it?  Regular guy Brian doesn’t really have a voice, so if you trample down people who speak for him, you trample him down

44 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

That is the point though, isn’t it?  Regular guy Brian doesn’t really have a voice, so if you trample down people who speak for him, you trample him down

Ehh, sort of. But public figures have platforms to speak beyond Twitter. You act like Trump has to go live in a cave for the rest of his life because he can't tweet.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I would say the BLM riots happened organically.  Usually some random event happened and people take to the streets.  

Storming the capital building was planned for weeks.  People flew in from out of town and they had t-shirts made for the event.