• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Trout be in the Yankees HOF?

Will Trout be in the Yankees HOF?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trout be in the Yankees HOF?

• Yes
    • No

Depends. Trout may very well intend to go to a team with more of what Hawk Harrelson calls The Will To Win (TWTW). That plus that whole scandal where Trout was intentionally drafted after top Cardinals prospect Randal Grichuk so that he could be paid a lower signing bonus. Then there was that time he was snubbed by being given a paltry $20K raise after putting up one of the best seasons of all time. not to mention he may want to move closer to home. 

Depends. Trout may very well intend to go to a team with more of what Hawk Harrelson calls The Will To Win (TWTW). That plus that whole scandal where Trout was intentionally drafted after top Cardinals prospect Randal Grichuk so that he could be paid a lower signing bonus. Then there was that time he was snubbed by being given a paltry $20K raise after putting up one of the best seasons of all time. not to mention he may want to move closer to home.

lol

If Trout decides to go to another team at age 29, he should sign for no more than six years at mega millions, knowing that Arte loves to sign 35-year old free agent sluggers. He could then return to the Angels and easily get a ten-year contract worth $250-300 million, adjusted for inflation of course. Arte loves those kind of deals. He goes to the Hall as an Angel and his Yankee years are secondary.

Mike could really clean up in this scenario.

Edited by fan_since79

the best advice that Pujols is going to give Trout is to stay with the team he grew up with.  

the halos will have 1 year of pujols and probably a few home grow player contracts in Calhoun and Richards on the books, but that's about it. 

the only thing that would keep Trout from staying is if the team isn't playoff capable come 2021.  Either way though, Arte or whoever owns the team is going to give him 10/400.  

and you know what?  it has to be done.  

I don't know why this question keeps coming up.  Its like we're an undesirable club to play for or something.  He's in a major market, he's on a team that spends money (someone in this thread suggesting that the team doesn't have the will to win, just a ridiculous notion) and he has the rare opportunity to build a real legacy with one club.  Its all so silly in my opinion.  For every reason that one can imagine him leaving I can easily come up with 2 or 3 for him to stay that are equally valid.  I personally have full confidence the team will do whatever is necessary to keep the best player in baseball on the team.  If he doesn't want to be here then what can be done ?  Its not even worth thinking about.  

I don't know why this question keeps coming up.  Its like we're an undesirable club to play for or something.  He's in a major market, he's on a team that spends money (someone in this thread suggesting that the team doesn't have the will to win, just a ridiculous notion) and he has the rare opportunity to build a real legacy with one club.  Its all so silly in my opinion.  For every reason that one can imagine him leaving I can easily come up with 2 or 3 for him to stay that are equally valid.  I personally have full confidence the team will do whatever is necessary to keep the best player in baseball on the team.  If he doesn't want to be here then what can be done ?  Its not even worth thinking about.  

The only reason why he would leave:

1  The angels are not on the level where they can legitimately compete for the playoffs and thus a World Series.  This is an unlikely scenario.  First, he is smart enough to know even if he goes to the Yankees or Dodgers or whoever will offer him ungodly money, there is no guarantee to winning the WS.  How many WS has the Yankees won over the last 15 years?  1.  No matter how good you are there is no guarantee.  If the Angels are able to compete for a playoff spot, winning would not be an issue.  And after all we are competing this year and we have only him, an average RF, a hall of fame 1B who is above average because of age, an above average SS and crap the rest of the lineup.  In other words, the Angels will be able to compete.

2.  The Angels decide they don't want to pay him.  He may not go with the highest bidder, but whoever he goes with will at least be withing reasonable range of the ball park.  

In other words, if the Yankees are getting Trout, it is because of their own damn fault.

My guess....he signs another extension.