• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would you give up for Price and Cespedes?

I don't think we should give up any of our starters right now for either of the two. I'd rather we go into the postseason with what we have now and see where it takes us. Our pitching is way too important to drop one.

We did that last year and it got us swept. We need to at the very least add another bat.

It seems the Angels aren't down to do something stupid and ruin the future for a stop gap this year which is great. I mean we are pretty set up pitching wise for the next few years and we can piece together a pretty decent lineup with trout, calhoun, pujols, and cron. If we can get a good controlled bat for a decent price then do it, if not hold onto your bullets and get something good in the offseason when the price isn't high.

I don't think you can get Price and Cespedes together.

of those two right now - I'd trade some pretty good prospects to land Cespedes and try to extend his contract.

I  have always liked Cespedes and have not quite understood why Billy Beane made such a non-Billy Beane type deadline deal to trade him away from the A's for Lester.

The A's , I guess, figured they'd ultimately lose Cespedes and could not afford to re-sign him -- but the A's that year were playing great ball and just did a total collapse after Cespedes left the line up.

At the time I felt that perhaps Cespedes was about to get named in one of MLB's investigations or something because that trade made no sense to me otherwise.

Now, a few years later, Cespedes has performed where ever he's been -- and how about an outfield of Cespedes, Trout and Calhoun ???

I'd be willing to give up some prospects to make that happen -- but a contract extension for Cespedes would have to be pretty much in place before I'd seal the deal.

that being said, getting a rental bat (not quite the player of Cespedes caliber but not as expensive either) that's available on the trade market at deadline time (Victorino? Jay Bruce?) probably makes more sense and wouldn't necessarily (or shouldn't) cost us top prospects.

For those of you that say certain people are untouchable, I've got a hypothetical. Let's say we trade 2 untouchables like Heaney and Newcomb for Price and Cespedes. All hell breaks loose here but we end up winning the world series this year with help from the 2 new guys. Would you still argue that we shouldn't have made the trade?

silly proposition. the absolute doesn't exist.

I would rather trade for Price than Cespedes.  I know we could use more offense, but having an ace like Price on this team would be incredibly tough to beat in the playoffs.  Outside of Richards, I dont think we have any ace like starters who could dominate in the playoffs.  Heaney is young, Weaver hasnt been good, Wilson has always been terrible in the postseason,  Santiago has been great, but his game doesnt seem like it would translate very well in the playoffs against a patient lineup.  

If we could use Price and Richards 4 times in a playoff series that would be very difficult to beat.  I have wanted him on this team for years.  Im hoping Albert and Trout did some recruiting at the all star game to maybe persuade one of these guys to sign here long term.  

Edited by QuinlansMinion