• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno = Jerry Jones?

I can't help but to think that Arte failed trying to repair the JD-Sosh situation. I'm of the belief that he definitely botched the Hamilton situation.

I can't even quite be sure he got rid of the wrong guy last night.

Is he just a menace, anti-people person, trying to buy the biggest toys and flex his muscle as a sports league powerhouse owner?

It's probably obvious because we are in the LA market I hear a lot about him, but I feel like, the nation hears about him - frequently. I never hear about the Padres ownership. The press on the Dodgers ownership has seemed to subside since their big elaborate show.

Is our owner the ultimate narcissist? Has to be seen at the games, calls all the shots, loves the adoration of the fans, feels he needs to be central in the media - without ever actually saying anything.

He's Jerry Jones to me. Underachieving owner who likes to be the big billionaire dick in the room, and helping the league call all the shots.

Thoughts?

It is his team. Showing up to the games is the same thing Autry did. Making personal contact with players Autry also did along with interacting with fans. Making the big decisions is also his to make whether it is front office, free agents or sending players packing because he foots the bill.

Other owners may not be as vocal but also may not have the same passion. Their ball club is just biggest dick bragging rights. Arte us at least making it his own and not some undefined corporate entity like the Padres that haven't won jack or shit and Jack left when they moved from the Murph.

I like the guy. He may be too involved at times but if you bump into him he is going shake your hand, listen and respond then probably by the round of beers or jerseys at the team store. He gets criticism for having an opinion in a thin skinned twitter world. I like his style.

Maybe some people like faceless companies that produce easy to digest and political correct press releases. I prefer the owner to be honest even if he steps on toes.

You may like Eisenhower but I appreciated Truman more as president.

Jerry Jones may be reviled by fans -- but that guy's made the NFL a shit ton of money and will likely go into the HOF some day.   A lot of the NFL Properties stuff is directly attributed to Jerry Jones taking the lead in unifying the league.

But he's still a crappy GM....and he is the GM, except for when Parcells ran the show....

It is his team. Showing up to the games is the same thing Autry did. Making personal contact with players Autry also did along with interacting with fans. Making the big decisions is also his to make whether it is front office, free agents or sending players packing because he foots the bill.

Other owners may not be as vocal but also may not have the same passion. Their ball club is just biggest dick bragging rights. Arte us at least making it his own and not some undefined corporate entity like the Padres that haven't won jack or shit and Jack left when they moved from the Murph.

I like the guy. He may be too involved at times but if you bump into him he is going shake your hand, listen and respond then probably by the round of beers or jerseys at the team store. He gets criticism for having an opinion in a thin skinned twitter world. I like his style.

Maybe some people like faceless companies that produce easy to digest and political correct press releases. I prefer the owner to be honest even if he steps on toes.

You may like Eisenhower but I appreciated Truman more as president.

I appreciate Truman more as well, but I certainly can't argue with Ike's parting shot.

Jerry may have the GM title, but he doesn't really make a lot of the calls anymore. The Cowboys success last year was from Stephen Jones running things the past few years. The Cowboys not drafting Manziel shows Jerry isn't the one pulling the trigger now a days.

One big comparison you can make with Arte and Jerry is their spending habits. Arte is somewhat protected because MLB doesn't have a hard salary cap. But his financial decisions with the team when it comes to player salaries has been awful. Jerry had the Cowboys in financial hell for a long time giving away big contracts to guys who couldnt live up to them and the Cowboys took on, and still have, a lot of dead money. But unlike Jerry, Arte doesn't have a son that is going to put the shackles on him like Stephen did to Jerry. And now the Cowboys are getting out of a lot of the problems they had with Jerry calling the shots.

Edited by Chimi

In all fairness, with the current topic, no one knows for sure yet what moreno had to do with it. Who knows what was said in the meeting, how the major players reacted etc. And it sounds like he didnt fore dipoto, know theyre saying him and carpino are begging him to stay.

Maybe he didnt get dipos back, who knows. But for all we know its dipotos decesion alone.

In all fairness, with the current topic, no one knows for sure yet what moreno had to do with it. Who knows what was said in the meeting, how the major players reacted etc. And it sounds like he didnt fore dipoto, know theyre saying him and carpino are begging him to stay.

Maybe he didnt get dipos back, who knows. But for all we know its dipotos decesion alone.

the puzzle pieces are pretty obvious for everyone to see, both here and in the media. even the timeline is plane as day. if you need it to be more clear than that, then you're never going to believe anything in the sports realm because you're never going to meet your standard of proof.

the puzzle pieces are pretty obvious for everyone to see, both here and in the media. even the timeline is plane as day. if you need it to be more clear than that, then you're never going to believe anything in the sports realm because you're never going to meet your standard of proof.

what is clear? dipoto resigned. Or maybe not, the story flip flopped. Arte didnt back him. Or did he, now supposedly hes trying to get him to stay. Dipoto gave an ultimatum. Or did he, wheres the link? Pujols said the roster isnt as good. Or wait, he says he didnt say that.

Maybe its a byproduct of my job, but yeah, my standard of proof is higher than conflicting reports broken over the span of a few hours.

Truman was a war mongering asshole...

Wait...is this a reason to hate him, or love him?

Because to be honest, I would much prefer a war mongering asshole to a useless driveling pushover any day of the week.

True leaders do not replicate what is popular amongst their followers, they do what they believe is best for those they oversee. Good 'ol 50/50 hindsight is fun though.

Arte's in charge, whether we like it or not. And even if i dont agree with some of his moves, he's doing what he thinks is best for the team, and his franchise. We don't know the details at all.

Maybe its a byproduct of my job, but yeah, my standard of proof is higher than conflicting reports broken over the span of a few hours.

Wait, I thought you just shot the first minority you find on the scene?

Underachieving and billiobaire seems to be contradiction.

I can't help but to think that Arte failed trying to repair the JD-Sosh situation. I'm of the belief that he definitely botched the Hamilton situation.

I can't even quite be sure he got rid of the wrong guy last night.

Is he just a menace, anti-people person, trying to buy the biggest toys and flex his muscle as a sports league powerhouse owner?

It's probably obvious because we are in the LA market I hear a lot about him, but I feel like, the nation hears about him - frequently. I never hear about the Padres ownership. The press on the Dodgers ownership has seemed to subside since their big elaborate show.

Is our owner the ultimate narcissist? Has to be seen at the games, calls all the shots, loves the adoration of the fans, feels he needs to be central in the media - without ever actually saying anything.

He's Jerry Jones to me. Underachieving owner who likes to be the big billionaire dick in the room, and helping the league call all the shots.

Thoughts?