• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pete Rose can kiss reinstatement goodbye

It's not the Hall Of Choirboys.

If you are gonna keep Rose out, then throw Cobb the **** out too.

Cobb never violated the rules of baseball at the time to warrant a ban. Rose knew the rules and said **** it, I'm untouchable. He was wrong.

They should at least look at the betting rule.   Why is it a crime to bet on your own team to win?   Isn't that like buying stock in the company that you work for? 

The only thing I could see is that the winning team's manager got inside info that his opponent had players taking part in a purposeful tank to satisfy bettors, and didn't report it to MLB.

Edited by Angel Oracle

It's not the Hall Of Choirboys.

If you are gonna keep Rose out, then throw Cobb the **** out too.

cobb was a cocksucker of the highest order, but did he cheat? rose cheated. lied about cheating, then lied about his lying about cheating. the dude had a reservation on the wall, but threw it away and has only himself to blame. although, he's spent half a life time blaming others.

cobb was a cocksucker of the highest order, but did he cheat? rose cheated. lied about cheating, then lied about his lying about cheating. the dude had a reservation on the wall, but threw it away and has only himself to blame. although, he's spent half a life time blaming others.

Intent to injure isn't a form of cheating? Purist.

Betting on your team to win isn't as bad as betting on them to lose but it's close.

He loses a few bets-

Bookie: I'm going to need you to throw the game tomorrow.

Rose: Okay. I'm not betting on the game tomorrow.

He has a bet on the game tonight.

Rose: Pitcher's arm is done but I need to win the game and I'll give him another inning. Loses player for the season.

Being on your team leads to debt to bookies, can lead to throwing games you don't bet on games and managing differently in games you have money on than when you don't. When you don't bet on the reds to win you essentially bet on them to lose.

This isn't the same as owning stock in a company. This is essentially insider trading which is illegal.

This is like a CEO selling all his stock when he knows something bad is coming and then says I short selling my stocks I just didn't own them.

Edited by eaterfan

They should at least look at the betting rule.   Why is it a crime to bet on your own team to win?   Isn't that like buying stock in the company that you work for? 

The only thing I could see is that the winning team's manager got inside info that his opponent had players taking part in a purposeful tank to satisfy bettors, and didn't report it to MLB.

Your stock broker doesn't give you odds against your companies success. As a manager Rose could have at any time pushed players into an injury just to cover his bet. As a player he could choose not to drive in a runner just to hold the betting line. Multiple ways on both sides to alter the outcome of the game for personal gain.

He was banned and should remain so.

Okay I'm too young, haven't read up on or investigated shit, but I thought he admitted it a long time ago?

Honestly I'm indifferent. Long before my time. The man has more hits than anyone in the history of baseball.

Put him the ****in HOF already.

If not, do it after he croakes. Roger Maris style.

Edited by laagamer

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with it. Like someone else stated. How is it a crime to bet on your team to win?

It would still cause him to make game decisions based on only himself winning or losing money.  Look at it this way, Pete is given a sign by his basecoach, he's on the hook for two grand though so he ignores the sign and swings away or tries to steal second because he needs to win or else.

Gamblers take unwarranted and stupid risks.  This is why betting on your team, win or lose is awful.

Okay I'm too young, haven't read up on or investigated shit, but I thought he admitted it a long time ago?

Honestly I'm indifferent. Long before my time. The man has more hits than anyone in the history of baseball.

Put him the ****in HOF already.

If not, do it after he croakes. Roger Maris style.

Toward the end of last year Rose stated he was petitioning the new commissioner not just to get into the HOF (which I don't have a problem with) but to be able to manage again, which is insane. Edited by ScottLux

some of you guys hold seemingly strong opinions with very little basis in knowledge. betting on your team to win is only modestly better than an outright loss bet. the loss bet only looks worse. you guys need to learn about point shaving, bookmaking, and what should be the most obvious issue of all, getting in debt to the mob. it's not like they have any history of exerting illegal pressure on sports outcomes. give me a break you guys.

cobb doesn't even apply. that goes back to the very first HOF ballot, nobody alive today has to own that. in regards to what cobb did, he was a rotten sob and what he did, as far as integrity of the game is concerned, is in fact less damaging then what rose did. rose is a lifelong liar, he made his own bed.

Edited by ukyah