• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First woman added to MLB's international registration list

Wish they gave more stats.  Even comparing her defensive style at SS.  

Of her fielding.  her throw and transfer looks good.  Although it looks like someone like me is hitting grounders to her.  Nothing too difficult.  

For her age.  Not a bad swing.  But seems to load up a bit. 

She swings, well, like a girl.

This reminds me of that commercial saying, "Where will you be when the first female pitches in the major leagues?" My answer is always the same . Six feet under. 

It's just not going to happen. I'm sorry. 

I should add that some team might sign her as some sort of publicity stunt. 

Edited by robblin17

In her defense -- she's been playing against French dudes...   

I'll give them some credit. One of the major reasons no woman will ever make the major leagues is because we funnel them all in to softball. It's clear that if a woman is ever to actually make it she is going to be from a foreign country with a well developed baseball program. She'll probably be a lesbian from the Dominican who looks just like Erick Aybar.

My money is on the first female MLB player coming from Japan because they already have female minors players there.

Good luck to her. Why the hell shouldn't there be women in baseball? And if some of them are lesbians, who cares? Anyone really want to wager that there aren't closeted gay men playing on some teams right now? Sexuality isn't important to playing. And as someone else mentioned, since we force most girls and women to play stupid softball instead of letting them stay in baseball, we haven't had the chance tor really see what they can do.

And remember there was a woman in the minore many decades ago, until the commish got butthurt she struck out Babe Ruth...

Sad thing, when a woman or women do make it, they will have to deal with nothing but assholes judging them on gender and not ability, and looking for reasons for them to fail.

My ex-wife was a All American softball player for Champman back in the late 80's. She led the nation in home runs twice and played third base. I have zero doubt she could hit a baseball well over 350 feet, with a wood bat, no doubt at all. She also had a ridiculous glove and arm at the time. There are two reasons she could never play MLB baseball, one she wouldn't have the range defensively and two, she was a very slow runner.

My money is on the first female MLB player coming from Japan because they already have female minors players there.

Good luck to her. Why the hell shouldn't there be women in baseball? And if some of them are lesbians, who cares? Anyone really want to wager that there aren't closeted gay men playing on some teams right now? Sexuality isn't important to playing. And as someone else mentioned, since we force most girls and women to play stupid softball instead of letting them stay in baseball, we haven't had the chance tor really see what they can do.

And remember there was a woman in the minore many decades ago, until the commish got butthurt she struck out Babe Ruth...

Sad thing, when a woman or women do make it, they will have to deal with nothing but assholes judging them on gender and not ability, and looking for reasons for them to fail.

The only one making it about sexism is you. I'd love to see a women play in the Majors, but I doubt it'll happen in my lifetime.

From what I saw of the french women, she probably would struggle on your average US varsity team.

It just looked very unimpressive.

I guess that makes me a misogynist.

Edited by Poozy