• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

He's owed $4.6 million next season.  But at least he's a right handed shot.  So I think it looks like this right now.

Line 1
Getzlaf, Maroon, Perry  Although Hagelin might replace Maroon

Line 2
Kesler, Hagelin, Silfverberg  Silfverberg is a right handed shot, so maybe move him to RW?  We have a plethera of LW'ers so someone has to move and everyone else is a left handed shot.

Line 3
Rakell, Sekac, Cogliano

Line 4
Thompson (IR)/Wagner, Fleishman, Jackman

Defense Not sure what the best combinations would be, but you need 6 unless you are the Blackhawks
Left
Fowler
Lindholm
Stoner

Right

Vantanen

Dupres
Bieska

Others
Manson
Theodore?  If he's ready

Goalies
Andersen
Gibson
Khudobin

I don't know how you say Beauch had a bad year... Compared to Bieksa, Francois had more TOI, Games played, goals, assist, better +/-...  Beauch had a down series against Chicago in the playoffs but besides that he had a great year for the ducks.  During the Regular season him and hampus were the number 1 defensive pair.

I don't know how you say Beauch had a bad year... Compared to Bieksa, Francois had more TOI, Games played, goals, assist, better +/-...  Beauch had a down series against Chicago in the playoffs but besides that he had a great year for the ducks.  During the Regular season him and hampus were the number 1 defensive pair.

He really wore down.  Comparing points and TOI is pointless.  Two totally different teams.

Reading some Canuck comments on various sites.  Sounds like Bieksa is a standup guy.  Big in the community.  They are saying he has lost a step.  But plays a physical game.  Him and Kessler made a video during the lockout, so they might be good buds.  He broke his hand last season, which may account for the drop in production.  While they are turning on him a bit now.  The Vancouver were saying Bieksa + for moving up in the draft to get Eichel.  So they must at least think a bit highly of him.  And most are happy that he will get a shot at the cup now.

Hopefully he can find the fountain of youth like Kessler found.  And for a second rounder, late one at that, probably worth the gamble.  Especially since we really really needed that right handed defenseman.  

Edited by gotbeer

He's owed $4.6 million next season. But at least he's a right handed shot. So I think it looks like this right now.

Line 1

Getzlaf, Maroon, Perry Although Hagelin might replace Maroon

Line 2

Kesler, Hagelin, Silfverberg Silfverberg is a right handed shot, so maybe move him to RW? We have a plethera of LW'ers so someone has to move and everyone else is a left handed shot.

Line 3

Rakell, Sekac, Cogliano

Line 4

Defense Not sure what the best combinations would be, but you need 6 unless you are the Blackhawks

Left

Fowler

Lindholm

Stoner

Right

Vantanen

Dupres

Bieska

Others

Manson

Theodore? If he's ready

Goalies

Andersen

Gibson

Khudobin

His cap hit is 4.6. He's only owed 2.5M.

There is a shortage of forwards too.  Not going to pay Beleskey what someone is going to pay either.  

As usually I bet all the usual suspects will sign all the big name Free Agents: Minnesota, NYR, NYD, PIT, PHI, TOR.

Then they will end up buying them out within 1 to 2 seasons.

He's owed $4.6 million next season.  But at least he's a right handed shot.  So I think it looks like this right now.

Line 1
Getzlaf, Maroon, Perry  Although Hagelin might replace Maroon

Line 2
Kesler, Hagelin, Silfverberg  Silfverberg is a right handed shot, so maybe move him to RW?  We have a plethera of LW'ers so someone has to move and everyone else is a left handed shot.

Line 3
Rakell, Sekac, Cogliano

Line 4

Left
Fowler
Lindholm
Stoner

Right

Vantanen

Dupres
Bieska

Others
Manson
Theodore?  If he's ready

Goalies
Andersen
Gibson
Khudobin

I think they should consider going top heavy in the first D-pairing like Chicago does.

Lindholm/Fowler - Lindholms smart play could allow Fowler to be more agressive in the offensive zone.

Vatanen/Despres

Stoner/Bieska/Theodore.

If Theodore is given some games, pair him with Bieska on the 3rd pairing & bench Stoner.

I like Murray, but:

"We can play with some speed now. If you watched Tampa Bay and Chicago, that was pretty quick."

Here we go again. Remake the team to beat whoever eliminated us in the playoffs.

Can't wait to see who we lose to in the Stanley Cup finals next year. I can't think of too many teams in the East I would want to model after (maybe Tampa Bay).

Yep. When the Ducks lost game 7 to the Kings they got 'Tougher' by bringing in Thompson, Stoner, Kesler etc which brought the team back to having one of the highest penalty minutes per game.

Then after losing to Chicago he's back to trying to make the Ducks a speed team & I bet the Ducks see a drop in penalty minutes next season.

I expect the penalty minutes to go down for a number of reasons: More playing time for guys like Sekac, Fleischmann, Hagelin.