• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

These moves are all fine for team structure. We need to get a top line scorer now. 

I don't think Hagelin replaces Beleskey.

I kind of hope the Ducks don't give up on Beleskey. He just matches up so well with Kesler's style of play.

I expected to see a bigger response here on the Palmieri and Etem moves. A lot happened in 24 hr that most seemed to want.

Now it's just wait and see who we get with the freed up money.

I think Hagelin replaces Beleskey quite well.

Hagelin averages 15+ minutes a game.  Beleskey 14 last season, 12 for 2 seasons before that.  

Hagelin points for his 4 seasons 35, 33, 24, 38.  Beleskey 32, 24, 13, 12.  And at least Hagelin's point total were almost even between goals and assists. Beleskey last season was 22 goals 10 assists.  That's the biggest warning sign with Beleskey.  If we gets more in line with what most players go, that point total may drop.  Biggest warning sign I've heard about someone overpaying for him.  

Hagelin +/- always in the + side 18, 8, 10, 21.  Beleskey 13, 8, 2, and the rest - or 0 first season.  

Maybe I'm being too hard on Beleskey and he is coming to form.  

But just numbers wise.  I'm liking what I see in Hagelin, and looking forward to what he can contribute to the team.  

We won't go into Etem.  Because, man he has so much potential.  But to put it in baseball terms.  He looks like such a great AAAA player.  Maybe a change in scenery will help him make the next step.  

I LOVE Hags. My uncle (a die hard NYR fan) is so annoyed by the trade.

I trust in the Ducks. I don't think Gibby is being traded. I think Freddie may be on his way out by the trade deadline.

Yeah, I think Andersen might be traded while his stock is high, and I like Andersen.  And you know, the Maple Leafs want to shed some salary and could use a goalie.  cough cough Phaneuf and or Kessel.  Of course in order to make it work, Leafs have to throw in some money since they are owed around $15 million a year till the end of time.  But if they could bring it down to $10 million till the end of time, that's the trade you want.

Right now, I think this is how it looks.

Line 1
Getzlaf, Maroon, Perry  Although Hagelin might replace Maroon

Line 2
Kesler, Hagelin, Silfverberg  Silfverbberg is a right handed shot, so maybe move him to RW?  We have a plethera of LW'ers so someone has to move and everyone else is a left handed shot.

Line 3
Rakell, Sekac, Cogliano

Line 4
Thompson (IR)/Wagner, Fleishman, Jackman

Defense Not sure what the best combinations would be, but you need 6 unless you are the Blackhawks
Left
Fowler
Lindholm
Stoner

Right

Vantanen

Dupres

Others
Fistric
Manson
Theodore?  If he's ready

Goalies
Andersen
Gibson
Khudobin

FA's, Green and Franson are both right handed defensemen.  Sekera is unfortunately a left and so is Phaneuff via trade.  McQuaid???  Although mainly just so I can yell Quaaaaaiiiiiiidddd when he screws up.  

Mike Richards, Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau, Mark Fistric on waivers

Fistric, who has two years left on his deal in Anaheim, had a cap hit of $1.26 million. 

Although I think ESPN has got it wrong on this part.

while Fistric will carry a small cap charge for the next four years for Anaheim at nearly $413,000 per season.

I believe their cap hit will be $0.83 a season for the next 4 seasons.