• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Elliotte Friedman

‏@FriedgeHNIC Bob Murray says the Ducks will not be able to re-sign Matt Beleskey before July 1. Said latest offer was rejected

lisa dillman ‎@reallisa

It is believed the Ducks final offer to Beleskey was 16 million - four yrs at four mil per

Also understood to have been front loaded

I pity the team that pays Beleskey more than that. Heck I am glad Beleskey rejected that deal.

I would've been okay with 4/16 but that was my limit.  I'm indifferent to him turning it down, it will likely turn out to be a good decision for the Ducks but I really like Bels, unlike Cory.  I hope get gets 5/27 somewhere, if he does, great for him.  

Someone will give him 5 or 6.  But man, 4/$16 is way too much.  

I'd rather spend that money on that kings defensemen, who I hear might not sign with the Kings.

This, sign Sekera and offer sheet Saad or Toffoli.  Extend Silf and Kes, boom off season over.  

See ya, Beleskey! I feel sorry for the team that pays him. They'll instantly regret that decision.

Jesus man, why do you hate him?  He was really good for us and seems like a good dude.  I hope he is successful.  Glad we aren't spending those $ after we already are overpaying Palmeiri.

Considering the compensation situation, and nice article nando, I would say go after Sekara, since I think he's a UFA.  And we have the pieces then to trade for an offensive piece.  Do they have sign and trades in the NHL?  I think atm, Etem would be one I would trade.  He just seems to be slowing down, and not that fast big physical force I was hoping he would develop into.  Then again, after Beleskey leaves, you may have to keep Etem.  

Although, just lowballing Saad at $3.65 million for 3-4 years.  He made $795k last season.  3-4 years at $3.65 is swallowable in case he turns into a pumpkin.  And we would only lose 1 second rounder.  At least that will give the baseline that the Blackhawks have to beat.  Which for them isn't a small feat.  Heck, even offer a $2-3 million offer to Toffoli for 5 years.  

Jesus man, why do you hate him?  He was really good for us and seems like a good dude.  I hope he is successful.  Glad we aren't spending those $ after we already are overpaying Palmeiri.

Because **** that guy!

In all seriousness, its for the dumbest of reasons. My ex gf was insanely obsessed with the guy and it annoyed me to no end. The hate for him grew and knowing him leaving would make her sad, I'm all for it.

I'm never into one year wonders either though. He's never proven he can play worth a damn before this season. He's been a product of playing with Getzlaf and Kesler. Take that away and he's meh. Plenty of better options out there.

The Blackhawks would be happy as a pig in shit to match Saad at only 3.65 Mil...they are going to match anything up to 5.9 Mil is my guess.  

Looking at the compensation.  $5.4 is the cutoff from 1st and 3rd to 1, 2, 3.  While Saad is good.  A 1, 2, 3 for a team that is only going to get more expensive is tempting for them.  They have $36 million committed to 5 players until 2020.  

For the Ducks, $3.65 million loses a second rounder.  Plus it's well within reason, and doesn't look like you are deliberately trying to screw Chicago.  since it could come back and bite them in the future if that was the case.  And the Ducks will also only get more expensive, so keeping that first rounder is probably pretty important.

Looking at the compensation.  $5.4 is the cutoff from 1st and 3rd to 1, 2, 3.  While Saad is good.  A 1, 2, 3 for a team that is only going to get more expensive is tempting for them.  They have $36 million committed to 5 players until 2020.  

For the Ducks, $3.65 million loses a second rounder.  Plus it's well within reason, and doesn't look like you are deliberately trying to screw Chicago.  since it could come back and bite them in the future if that was the case.  And the Ducks will also only get more expensive, so keeping that first rounder is probably pretty important.

$3.5m for saad is just a waste of time.

if you go for him, you have to come hard.

you have to overpay a bit to get him. saad is worth over paying, and losing 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

worst case they match, and now they have to over pay him.

and they have to get rid of someone else.

or you try the dual offer sheet thing.

you offer one dude the value that returns a 2nd, and another guy the value that returns a 1st and a 3rd.

force their hand in two directions.

but we are gonna be in a pickle next year too, so we need to start singing our own kids before others offer sheet them.

Because **** that guy!

In all seriousness, its for the dumbest of reasons. My ex gf was insanely obsessed with the guy and it annoyed me to no end. The hate for him grew and knowing him leaving would make her sad, I'm all for it.

I'm never into one year wonders either though. He's never proven he can play worth a damn before this season. He's been a product of playing with Getzlaf and Kesler. Take that away and he's meh. Plenty of better options out there.

Best reason I've heard yet for letting Beleskey go.