• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

There is no way he signs for 3/9, he turned down more than that before the trade deadline.  We will be lucky to get him for 4M per year or less.  I'd be happy as hell at 6/21, only 3.5/year isn't too bad of a hit to the payroll and if he is able to perform like he did this past season for the next 6 years that'd be a steal.  I'd like to keep the term to 3-4 years but the only way I get the yearly dollar amount I want is to offer the longer term of 6ish years.  I'd be happy with either 3/12 or 6/21. 

Edited by halobob

I read somewhere that he really wants to stay with the Ducks.  All of his family including his parents live out in OC.

He really wants to stay...who wouldn't?  Never get bothered when out in public, live in an area with great weather and beautiful women, and like you said all of his family has moved out here and made their home here.  How many millions is it worth to him to stay?  That is the question.  

He really wants to stay...who wouldn't?  Never get bothered when out in public, live in an area with great weather and beautiful women, and like you said all of his family has moved out here and made their home here.  How many millions is it worth to him to stay?  That is the question.  

This has been an argument on the Angels board for years.  And yet the only big FA's that have signed here pretty much got the golden goose.  

And yet, you hear over and over, the Kings players signing back with them at a discount.  

It would be nice if someone signed a short term deal at a discount with the ducks.  3/$9-3/$10.5 would be such a deal.  

IMO, if we have to overpay, then let him walk.

I just posted this over on the Ducks boards so I figured I'd post it here too (also big thanks to GB for all of the links you post, I really enjoy reading them):

I could not be more confident in the Ducks winning at least the WCF next season.  Heck we should've won it this year.  After 5 games against Chicago the Ducks lost 2 overtimes in which they dominated and hit the post a number of times.  With any small sliver of luck the Ducks win the series in 5 games and get some rest for the SCF.  Throw in the fact that in 7 games vs. the Blackhawks, there was not a single game where the Ducks had the man advantage more than the Hawks.  The total power plays for the series was Blackhawks 26, Ducks 16.  Shameful on the part of the refs and the NHL.  The worst call was the call holding call on Silf in game 4 that allowed Kane to tie the game in OT.  Despite all of this the Ducks still had a chance to win the series at home in game 7.  I wont talk about game 7 at all because that was the worst 3 hours of this year for me.  

I'm a little torn about what I want the Ducks to do for next season.  I feel the team we had this year was good enough to win it so why sacrifice any of our future if we already have the talent to win it all?  This part of me wants the Ducks to pretty much stand pat, hopefully sign Bels for 3.5/yr or less, and resign Beauch for a cheap 1 year deal.  Think how long the Ducks can remain a powerful team if they take this route?  The other part of me thinks if we were good enough to win this year, imagine the chance we will give ourselves if we trade for a ROR, or heck, sending an offer sheet to Saad or Toffoli which strengthens us and weakens an opponent all at the same time.  Either way Murray decides to go the Ducks are the clear favorite to win the Stanley Cup next year in my mind.  

Is it October yet?