• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Anyone go to the Prospect Camp on Saturday? Apparently Ritchie looks beastly. Lots of talk about him and Kerdiles breaking camp at LW with the team.

I wish they had it on Sunday instead of on the 4th, oh well, wasn't able to make it.  I did see a vine of Roy's sick goal though, what a move!  If Ritchie can play up top with Getz and Perry that would solve one of the few holes this team has.  That would allow Maroon to play on the 4th line where he would dominate. 

I wish they had it on Sunday instead of on the 4th, oh well, wasn't able to make it.  I did see a vine of Roy's sick goal though, what a move!  If Ritchie can play up top with Getz and Perry that would solve one of the few holes this team has.  That would allow Maroon to play on the 4th line where he would dominate. 

That goal was insane!

The more I think about it the more I think the Ducks are done in free agency (except for maybe some moves for San Diego Gulls depth).  The team mine was well see what it has in Ritchie and Noesen and if it seems like they aren't pushing for the cup come January, make a trade at that time.  If Ritchie is everything everyone is saying he is, and Noesen can play on the 4th line the Ducks could be unreal this year with lots of cap space to spare.  

I like the idea of Ritchie making the roster. He wont be expected to do much, just to be a depth scorer.

I see him starting on the 4th line then probally moving up depending on who's cold & who's hot.

(Just read that Fleischmann is a FA).

Possible opening season Lineup while Thompson is recovering:

Maroon/Getzlaf/Perry - Power Forward line.

Hagelin/Kesler/Silfverberg - Speed line 1.

Sekac/Rakell/Cogliano - Sped line 2.

Wagner/Horcoff/Ritchie - 4th line.

When Thompson is back & if Ritchie is playing well.

Ritchie/Getzlaf/Perry.

Hagelin/Kesler/Silfverberg

Sekac/Rakell/Cogliano

Maroon/Thompson/Horcoff

Oooo, Nate calling Cory out!  In fairness to Cory everything I have read about Ritchie says he is more skilled, faster, and physical than Maroon.  However, Nate is right that none of this has been tested at the NHL level.  Will he be a Mike Trout or a Brandon Wood?  I can't wait to find out!

You have no idea what Richie provides, he has never even sniffed the NHL.  Reminds me of the guys on the MLB board always clamoring for prospects to be called up.

He's 6'2" 230+. I think I can safely make the assumption that he'll be a physical player. Not pulling something out of my ass like projecting a 50 homer season from Brandon Wood.

You can't test size. Size is size. Whether he puts that to use in the right way, sure. You can test/argue that. We'll see.

He could end up being lazy and have only one move like Etem.  You don't just bring a guy up and stick him on the top line.  I think we will see Sekac and Maroon go back and forth on that line.

I never stated put him at the top line on Opening Night. I think he could potentially be there at the end of the season though. and then the 2nd line, 3rd line, back to the 2nd, then 4th, then AHL, then 1st again.

Edited by Cory

You have no idea what Richie provides, he has never even sniffed the NHL.  Reminds me of the guys on the MLB board always clamoring for prospects to be called up.

NHL prospects are not like MLB prospects.

Top 10 picks in the NHL draft have like a 95% chance of becoming at least a NHL regular for 3 to 5 seasons.

Ones that are good prospects after being drafted, have an even higher chance.

Devante Smith-Pelley made his NHL debut after spending 1 more season in CHL & He wasn't as good of a prospect as Ritchie.

He'll probally at least get his chance on the 4th line at some point or depending on training camp + injurs he might even make the roster opening night.

Forget Richie. If you have a team as good as the Ducks, you don't f    around thinking a guy who has never played a NHL game is going to do anything for you. Murray needs to get a top two winger and ratchet everyone else down. 

Don't f    around Bob. No more Headlys. Get someone legit.

The Ducks are the best team in the league right now.  IMO we were the best team last year but got snake bit in OT vs Chicago twice (game 4 shouldn't have even gone to OT with that bullshit holding call on Silf).  The only FA left I have any interest in is Semin on a 1 year deal.  

Also in regards to Ritchie and getting someone legit, Toffoli was essentially a rookie for the Kings in 2014 when they won the cup (played 10 games in 2013).  I would say Toffoli is damn legit and he was integral in the Kings cup run.  Ritchie could be our Toffoli this year.  

22 RFAs Have Elected For Salary Arbitration, None From the Anaheim Ducks

While some people are nervous about why it has taken so long for the Anaheim Ducks to sign Carl Hagelin, I have read nothing that concerns me and am confident that the Ducks are very close to finalizing something with their new acquisition.  Since the Ducks have already made their qualifying offers to both Hagelin and Jakob Silfverberg, as well as RFAs Chris Wagner and Michael Sgarbossa, the fact that I don’t see their names on the arbitration list tells me what I already knew: Anaheim’s GM Bob Murrayis going to get those boys signed, thank you very much!

This is good news, I hope.

One of the best IMO.  Still iffy at goal and not enough scoring depth.

Semin is a cancer in the locker room.  Don't need that type of player.

They might as well sign Brad Boyes or Eric Fehr to a 1 year deal.

Either would be decent depth on the 3rd & 4th lines.

The Ducks are the best team in the league right now.  IMO we were the best team last year but got snake bit in OT vs Chicago twice (game 4 shouldn't have even gone to OT with that bullshit holding call on Silf).  The only FA left I have any interest in is Semin on a 1 year deal.  

Also in regards to Ritchie and getting someone legit, Toffoli was essentially a rookie for the Kings in 2014 when they won the cup (played 10 games in 2013).  I would say Toffoli is damn legit and he was integral in the Kings cup run.  Ritchie could be our Toffoli this year.  

Could be...  should be...  would be...   Bob, You may be watching a little Too much Oiler hockey.