• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Another Silfverberg contract that you look at and wonder why he wasn't able to get more than that.

Perhaps thats why it took so long, the Ducks are making very low ball offers at their RFAs & end up signing them for what is still a bargain.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Tough one.

He doesn't even have his number in our rafters - dunno if they ever will (but it wouldn't surprise me if they do).

Not sure about HOF.

He was awesome though.

If Cam Neely's in the Hall, Kariya should be too. Kariya doesn't have the 1000 point mark next to his name, but he was arguably the 2nd best winger in the world (after Jagr) for a good 5 years. He should be in the Hall.

Another Silfverberg contract that you look at and wonder why he wasn't able to get more than that.

Well, you have to remember.  He wasn't going to be an UFA.  He was going to be a RFA.  So his options were still limited.  For one thing, the Ducks are not afraid to let a team overbid, and take their picks.  

So the amount if probably a good midway point to bridge him to UFA, instead of going through the RFA stuff.

Interesting comments in this thread.  I thought it was a good deal for him.  He isn't a premium scorer.  He is a good two way winger that helps on the PP.  With the new OT format he will get fewer chances on the shootout.

Anyway I am still fine with it.  The Kesler/Silf combo will exist for a long time.

Your both right. It's a good contract this year for a RFA who hasn't scored a lot. But he's 24 and has shown good progression and isn't he a Ufa next year (2nd year of contract). I would have thought he's likely to be worth 4.5+ the third and 4th year, even with a RFA multi year contract. I think the likely lower range of what he'll be worth the next 4 years is 16-17M.

Interesting comments in this thread.  I thought it was a good deal for him.  He isn't a premium scorer.  He is a good two way winger that helps on the PP.  With the new OT format he will get fewer chances on the shootout.

Anyway I am still fine with it.  The Kesler/Silf combo will exist for a long time.

Very true. But when we do get a shootout he will no doubt be the reason they may win most of the shootouts they end up in.

With less shootouts I think he will have a higher % in shootouts & also since goalies will be tested less often in shootouts & anticipating a 3 on 3 OT.

Is that for real?

I don't know why the Ducks haven't gone back to that logo. They would sell a bunch of jerseys. People that aren't even Ducks fans would buy,

Yeah it's pretty crazy, that logo is often referred to as one of the best sports logos of all time (I think that's a stretch personally).

Even though it's clearly cartoonish, everyone loved those original sweaters.

I'm stoked they are bringing it back for the 3rd jersey.