• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

The old man has to be the old man. The fish has to be the fish. Murray has to be a dumpster diver. It's just the way it is.

Can you really say this is a bad move? What else were you expecting? With tagging being an issue next year, the Ducks couldn't load up on UFAs. Also this UFA class was rather weak, considering Beleskey was a top UFA.

Can you really say this is a bad move? What else were you expecting? With tagging being an issue next year, the Ducks couldn't load up on UFAs. Also this UFA class was rather weak, considering Beleskey was a top UFA.

Agreed. Look at the Wild, Penguins, Flyers etc they load up on FA's every year and look how thats worked out for them.

I wouldn't have signed one of the UFA forwards. We need a legit forward. Not another 'maybe this will workout' guy.

Oh, and I didn't say it was a 'bad' move. I just don't think it's the type of move one should make when you have one of the two or three best teams in hockey; a lot of good prospects; and a window of opportunity with Getz, Perry and Kesler.

Murray makes moves like his first priority is to have a playoff team the next 10 years. At some point he'll catch lightning in a bottle and win the cup. Hey, it's a strategy and maybe it will work. We'll see. I think the odds are better to do it differently. 

Oh, and I didn't say it was a 'bad' move. I just don't think it's the type of move one should make when you have one of the two or three best teams in hockey; a lot of good prospects; and a window of opportunity with Getz, Perry and Kesler.

Murray makes moves like his first priority is to have a playoff team the next 10 years. At some point he'll catch lightning in a bottle and win the cup. Hey, it's a strategy and maybe it will work. We'll see. I think the odds are better to do it differently. 

I'm glad the Ducks are not run like the Angels. Arte would have them sign the Top UFA every offseason & then watch the team run out of cap space to keep Lindholm, Fowler etc.

What move do you think the Ducks should've made?

What move do you think the Ducks should've made?

How can an ordinary fan answer a question like that and have it mean anything. I have no access to the data, scouting, or talent evaluations the Ducks have. I can't converse with the players and find out how other players might fit in. I have no access to other teams GM's to know what they would be willing to deal and what their expectations or needs would be in return. And I can't talk to Bruce and find out what he would do with a player if I acquired him ( though I have my doubts if Bob is able to do this either - yeah I'm joking,,, sort of).

Hey, Bob's a good GM. Maybe a very good GM. But, he has his short comings. I think his constant infatuation with the 'undervalued', missed used, needs a new start, etc. player (bargain hunting/dumpster diving) fills his head too much and he lacks/hasn't developed the ability to land the top tier player (and don't anybody waste my time with the 'what about Kesler' post. You all know that Kesler made that deal happen, not Bob).

Oh, and H bob, I think I've stated the basic move the Ducks need to make - get a high quality goal scorer.

IMO, we did that last season and got Kessler.  Just because we fell short, doesn't mean we go Arte and just sign high price players, then complain and say we can't go over the tax.  

I like the team as is right now going into this season.  I also like that there seems to be a plan for seasons after this, that keeps the team competitive.  Sure Perry and Getzlaf can begin their decent.  But as homegrown players, I am ok with that.  Hopefully when they begin their decent, they will show some hometown love and sign team friendly extensions and ride out like how Koivu should have ridden out of Montreal with a team friendly deal.  And if not, let some other team overpay.  

In any case, I look at Murray as a combination of Stoneman and Arte.  He develops and protects the young guns.  But unlike Stoneman, he will pull the trigger and make a trade that benefits the team when the right situation presents itself like Hagelin.  And if the right FA deal is around, I would think he makes that deal also.  But at least this offseason, when I look at the FA's, I really don't think the right deal is there that would significantly improve the club.  

The other thing I like about him is he goes to the net, and seems to have ok hands.  Might be something to see on the #1 line.  That's one thing about Maroon.  He's a grinder, but just doesn't have the hands to find and handle the puck in front.  I think the #2 line looks good with Kessler, Hagelin, Silfverberg.  

The other thing I like about him is he goes to the net, and seems to have ok hands.  Might be something to see on the #1 line.  That's one thing about Maroon.  He's a grinder, but just doesn't have the hands to find and handle the puck in front.  I think the #2 line looks good with Kessler, Hagelin, Silfverberg.  

Against skilled teams Stewart makes sense to have on the top line over Maroon.

Lines 2 & 3 look like they will have alot of speed if they go with:

Hagelin/Kesler/Silfverberg

Cogliano/Rakell/Sekac

Ritchie/Horcoff/Maroon/Wagner/Friberg

With Thompson back do they move Horcoff to the wing if he's putting up decent points ?