• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

NHL 16 on Playstation will be fun with Hagelin & Cogliano on the roster during PKs.

Scoring Shorthanded goals in the game is gonna be fun with the Ducks.

As far as the game goes I'll likely use Kesler/Hagelin on PK unit 1, then Rakell/Cogliano on PK unit 2.

I usually keep Getzlaf off the PK units in the game cause of his lack of speed.

First trade in GM mode will be McGrattan for a bag of pucks.

Dang, that's a lot of money. Probably one of those risks worth taking given we are in 'win now' mode but it could also backfire badly. Not saying it will, just that there's a clear risk there.

Now let's get the others done too.

So are we better than last year yet or not?

I would say so.

Trending upward: Lindholm, Andersen, Gibson, Fowler, Vatanen, Silfverberg, Rakell, Despres, Wagner, Hagelin.

Trending the same they were last year: Perry, Getzlaf, Kesler, Thompson, Maroon, Cogliano, Bieksa(Not having Sbisa as a linemate is going to make him better).

Trending downward: Horcoff, Stoner, Jackman, McGrattan.

Wildcards: Stewart.

Prospects rising up: Theodore, Ritchie, Gibson.

Prospect wildcards: Noesen. Could do great or be average.

Candidates to have a "big breakout season": Silfverberg & Lindholm.

According to stats the Ducks are the 11th youngest team at avg age of 27.9

The NJ Devils are the oldest at 30.0 (They still dont think they need to rebuild lol).

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Oh, and H bob, I think I've stated the basic move the Ducks need to make - get a high quality goal scorer.

My point is there is not a high quality goal scorer out there to be had.  This was an extremely weak FA class and he is leaving us room in the cap to make a move at the deadline if deemed necessary.  

Love the Kesler extension. It's a bit long but that's the price you pay. We are fine on the cap front, and by year 5-6 of this the cap will likely have gone up to the $80m range.

Murray is going to ride the big 3 - let's hope we can get a cup or two in this window.

The future looks very bright too.

My point is there is not a high quality goal scorer out there to be had.  This was an extremely weak FA class and he is leaving us room in the cap to make a move at the deadline if deemed necessary.  

And my point is you're right as far as FA. But there are scorers in the league that could be dealt (there always are - if you can put together the deal). 

Now, if Bob couldn't put together a deal in any one year, no biggie. Two or three years, well... it could be him or the market. But Bob's had a number of years at GM and the patterns starting to look like it's not his strong suit. 

Before anyone posts it, I get that a lot of that time was fixing the Ducks financially and then building on what he had. So, maybe I'm a year or two premature on calling him out. We'll see. I hope I'm wrong.

And my point is you're right as far as FA. But there are scorers in the league that could be dealt (there always are - if you can put together the deal). 

Now, if Bob couldn't put together a deal in any one year, no biggie. Two or three years, well... it could be him or the market. But Bob's had a number of years at GM and the patterns starting to look like it's not his strong suit. 

Before anyone posts it, I get that a lot of that time was fixing the Ducks financially and then building on what he had. So, maybe I'm a year or two premature on calling him out. We'll see. I hope I'm wrong.

Did he not just get Ryan Kesler via trade last offseason?

Something just hit me.

You know when you are too old?

When only one player on the Ducks has a birthday, that is in the same decade as yours.  

That's how I feel with half our roster being younger than me at 25. I can actually start calling them kids... ****ing a.