• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Dreger reporting Belesky to Boston for 5 years at a shade under 4 mil a year.  **** that Bels, how do you not stayin in Anaheim?

I think his agent overestimated what he was worth in FA'cy.  And Murray doesn't F around.  You say no, then we find something else.  And I like what Murray found much better.

Winners & Losers on Day 1 of NHL Free Agency

LOSERS

1. Matt Beleskey’s worth

Matt Beleskey is not worth a five-year contract. But at $19 million total â€“ $3.8 million salary cap hit per-year – over five years, that’s not a bad value for the 20-goal scorer. The thought was Beleskey would want somewhere in the ballpark of between $4 million and $5 million per-year. He was pretty much the consensus top unrestricted free agent forward going into this offseason, and normally those get paid a lot more than $3.8 million per-year.

2. Matt Beleskey’s Stanley Cup future

Maybe Sweeney’s offer was the best Beleskey received. But if you’re Beleskey, do you really have faith the Bruins general manager is handling his team’s salary cap crunched rebuild the right way? At least the Blackhawks are getting NHL-ready assets to replace a lot of their players they need to let go. Sweeney seems to keep whiffing all over the place. Beleskey was a win away from a Cup Final with the Ducks last year. He’ll be lucky to get anywhere close to that with the Bruins next season.

How sick was that trade for Arizona? They got a first and a somewhat decent D prospect for Vermette who ends up signing back with AZ in the offseason. That's pretty Damon good asset management.

Cory, you're right. He never wanted to leave the org, but that's still a fantastic turnaround for the yotes.

The only move I'd like to see the Ducks make at this point is signing Semin.  Putting him with the twins and Hagelin on the 2nd line with Silf and Kes would make us unbelievably hard to play against.  If we can get him for something like 3/9 that'd be unreal and since he is getting paid so much by Carolina anyway, maybe he signs for that.  

What's insane is that we have only 3 RFAs left to sign, and we are still $3m under the cap floor.

This is a team one win away from the cup finals.

Talk about beautiful cap management.

Next offseason however will be a different story - we have what, 7 RFAs to sign?

With all the cap space this year they should go for broke and sign some of the guys that get bought-out for one year, relatively high salary, deals.

Or offer sheet Tarasenko.

What's insane is that we have only 3 RFAs left to sign, and we are still $3m under the cap floor.

This is a team one win away from the cup finals.

Talk about beautiful cap management.

Next offseason however will be a different story - we have what, 7 RFAs to sign?

With all the cap space this year they should go for broke and sign some of the guys that get bought-out for one year, relatively high salary, deals.

Or offer sheet Tarasenko.

All thats left is Brad Boyes, Joel Ward, Eric Fehr, etc.

Each of them would out produce Beleskey though in terms of points.

So the plan would be offer each of them 5 million for 1 year for each of them ?

Then after their gone they still got the cap space to sign the 7 RFAs.

This was posted on the Ducks message board and I thought it was interesting enough to post here...roster turnover from our 1st 2 game 7 home losses:

Our starting lineup for Game 7 v. Detroit in 2013:

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry

Beleskey-Bonino-Selanne

Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano

Etem-Steckel-Palmieri

Souray-Beauchemin

Fowler-Lovejoy

Sbisa-Allen

Our starting lineup for Game 7 v. LA in 2014:

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry

Maroon-Bonino-Palmieri

Cogliano-Koivu-Silfverberg

Winnik-Perreault-Selanne

Fowler-Lovejoy

Lindholm-Beauchemin

Allen-Vatanen

Sbisa, Allen and Lovejoy on the same D...yikes. There are some things I prefer to block from my memory.

I'm getting a little itchy about adding some scoring depth. It's all gone a little quiet. But we seriously need to add some third/fourth line scoring power don't we?