• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I can't take the writer seriously when he calls the Ducks a budget team (which is absolutely true), but then writes about how much cap room they have after the new extensions. 

Also, a 1st and a 3rd for Vats is awful. He's nearly a 50 point RHD, still young, and is a better puck mover than all of the other Ducks defensemen. Any player picked outside of the top 10 has a significant chance to be worse than Sami, in fact most will have no where close to as much impact. It would be silly for the Ducks to trade Vatanen for that return.

Another blog mentions the possiblity of Andersen + Vatanen being shipped together to a team that has what the Ducks need.

Edmonton, Toronto, Calgary, Dallas, Carolina could make a deal work.

For Dallas they really need a goalie like Andersen, they might overpay. They've had Garbage Niemi & Lehtonen in Net.

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Another blog mentions the possiblity of Andersen + Vatanen being shipped together to a team that has what the Ducks need.

Edmonton, Toronto, Calgary, Dallas, Carolina could make a deal work.

For Dallas they really need a goalie like Andersen, they might overpay. They've had Garbage Niemi & Lehtonen in Net.

I remember when Lehtonen was the duck killer. 

You're smoking something good if you think we'll sign Vats to 3-4 million, GB. Vats has been the most vocal about wanting a pay increase out of everyone. A lot of the media speculates a bit of a riff between Murray and Vatanen over contract talks in the past 2 offseasons. I don't see him getting anything less than 5 AAV.

18 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Exactly. BM was rumored to be looking to extend Vats long term and taking some of those UFA years. I doubt they go the Subban route with the "Hey, do team friendly for a year or 2 and then we'll pay you through the roof"

It's what I'm here for. To bring Ducks fans together in understanding.

Ducks need a coach like this https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-mike-sullivan-helped-sidney-crosby/c-280724114?tid=280118332 that will light a fire in Getzlaf to be more like the guy who could score 25 to 30 goals.

Penguins coach tried to light a fire in Crosby to be the great player he is & it worked & Crosby credits his coach with that.

Edited by Scioscia4MVP

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

truth.

As a player yes, outside of the game he's far from that. One of my Dad's friends is friends with the Ducks owner's daughters & she got a ride home once from Perry.

Cool person, she once gave me a practice used signed puck by Fowler.

i think they sign lindholm to OEL money/term. 6 yrs, $5.5m.

and vatanen either gets traded, or gets more like a fowler contract, $4m.

and if they sign him, they might trade off fowler. but i think they want him to be long term duck, but he didn't look so hot later parts of this year.

if anything they need to trade bieksa before his NTC kicks in, else we'll be forced to protect him during the expansion draft.