• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Sharks now up 2-0 over Predators in their series.

Amazing what a new coach & captain has done for the Sharks. Even with an aging Marleau/Thornton. Pavelski is also 1 year older than Getz/Perry.

ChokeJob Joe Thornton is not the leader of that team anymore.

What could Kesler do differently than Getzlaf as captain ? I bet he'd be able to light a fire in his team mates to show up in Game 7s.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Any thought to asking Scotty Niedermeyer? I wouldn't mind giving him a shot over a retread.

I don't think he is interested.  He has only been a part time coach in order to stay home with his kids and not travel with the team.

After seeing the post game 7 quotes, you would have though Cogs was the C.

Getzlaf: A lot of it falls on Perry and I, but we can't take all the blame.

Cogliano: I wasn't good enough.

I love Cogs man.  For one thing, dude never even misses a shift.  He is small but throws his body around like crazy, shuts down the opposition, and he always is concise and direct with his comments about his play.

Flames just fired Hartley.  I bet they are going after BB.

I can see the Flames going after BB.  Flames have a young team.  No need for playoff expectations.  Once BB gets them to the playoffs in about 3-4 years, his contract will be over and they can find a winner. 

Now that my butt hurt has somewhat rescinded.  I guess im ready to talk about the Ducks again.  

Not thrilled that Boudreau was canned, at the same time not surprised.  I'm not big on Yawney getting the job.  Like all of you, I anticipate a lot of change this offseason. 

For me, priority 1A: and 1B: are sign Rakell and Lindholm respectively.  Next, and nearly as important.  Make a decision with Andersen and Gibson.  The expansion draft is likely, we wont be able to protect both.  We must get something for those players.  1 or 2 of the defensemen should be moved.  Fowler or Vatanen.  Both ? My patience with Fowler is getting thin.  I would be fine retaining Vatanen and trading Fowler.  That said, I still think Fowler has more to offer then we've seen.  I wont be disappointed if he's with the Ducks next year.  His contract probably makes it likely IMO. 

I'd like to bring back Perron on a reasonable deal.  We'll see how that pans out.  I also think we should bring back Pirri.  He will be cheap, presumably healthy and the guy can straight up score goals.  IMO what more clear then anything is that we lack puck moving forwards.  We specifically are in need of legitimate 2nd line center.  I think the hope was that Kesler would be that guy.  He has ended up being used as a defensively oriented center.  

Anyway, thats all ive got for now.

In the short term the players will blame themselfs for Boudreau getting fired & this will inspire them to play much better next season & hopefully show up when it counts. The interviews showed that the players considered Boudreau a friend, it wasn't like that with Carlyle I think , I dont remember ?

A new coach might give the C to Kesler which will hopefully light a fire in Getzlaf to play much harder & focused next season (remember how long it took him to get his first goal of the season ? and it was a empty netter). Getzlaf is still capable of 25-30Goals with 55 Assists, that shot of his deadly when he shoots more.

Thats what happend when the Sharks fired their coach, they played much better & they finally showed up against LA.
Their new Captain Pavelski also has done a good job for them.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

I've taken a little break after game seven from posting in here as I didn't feel quite ready to start talking about hockey again. I know I'm in the minority here but I really don't like the Boudreau firing. What he achieved with us over several seasons was incredibly impressive and hard to top. Like all of you, I was immensely frustrated by what kept happening in game 7s but firing a guy who had led us to sustained regular season success really doesn't feel like the answer. Most importantly, who are we going to get who is better? Hartley wouldn't be a bad hire and there are a couple of other possibilities out there but I wouldn't feel as good about our prospects of success with any of them at the helm as I would with Bruce. I really hope I am wrong but I fear we will regret letting Boudreau go.

Anyway, I guess we have to move on now and the question becomes what's next. I agree with the sentiment that Rakell and Lindholm are the priorities beyond anything else. They need to be kept. I think the last six weeks of the season really showed how crucial Vatanen is to our success. The power play needs him but general play does too, he is so important when it comes to bringing the puck out of our defensive zone. We will need to move one defenceman and the most obvious choice by far for me is Fowler. Has he reached his potential? Maybe not. But assuming Despres' contract makes him practically untrade-able (and same with Stoner), he is the trade-able, expensive defenceman we need least.

As for the goalie situation, who the hell knows? I've firmly been on Team Gibson for a long time but Freddie was pretty damn strong in the playoffs. If we trade Freddie we're going to need to get a legitimate backup from somewhere because our goaltending organizational depth is pretty damn weak.

All in all it will be a fascinating offseason.

Edited by Oz27

4 hours ago, Oz27 said:

As for the goalie situation, who the hell knows? I've firmly been on Team Gibson for a long time but Freddie was pretty damn strong in the playoffs. If we trade Freddie we're going to need to get a legitimate backup from somewhere because our goaltending organizational depth is pretty damn weak.

All in all it will be a fascinating offseason.

I hope some other team greatly overpays for which ever goalie they trade.

Would Calgary trade the 5th overall pick ? Every mock draft has Center 'Pierre-Luc Dubois' at #5.

Scouting on him is that he's very good offensively as he is defensively & is the best QMJHL draft prospect since Drouin.

I've been hearing along various news feeds that although Boudreau has been relieved of duties, but they didn't fire him so he is still under contract for one more year.  So if any team wants to hire him as a coach, they have to work out a deal with the Ducks. 

Murray is pretty smart.  I hope whatever deal he works out involves Despres being shipped with Bruce.  I don't care what we get in return, career AHL'er.  That would help in a lot of issues we are currently facing with our RFA/UFA's.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I've been hearing along various news feeds that although Boudreau has been relieved of duties, but they didn't fire him so he is still under contract for one more year.  So if any team wants to hire him as a coach, they have to work out a deal with the Ducks. 

Does that take a special contract? Because otherwise that is all kinds of messed up.