• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Wild are a perfect fit for Boudreau, they aren't expected to win the stanley cup or even come close to it so it might be better situation for him. No pressure on that Wild team to win a cup.

Next Ducks coach needs to make Kesler the Captain. Need to see what he can do differently, it ain't Getzlaf's fault but he was the captain & locker room leader in all of those game 7 losses.

Obviously, its a sign he's going to sign with the Lakers next offseason ;).

The goalie situation is interesting. I've been in Gibson's corner for awhile now but I've never really disliked Freddie. After the showing Freddie had to end the season, I think I'd rather keep him around. Freddie seems to have the shoulders to carry this team and the confidence in himself to step up in big spots. Fuck You Freddie is awesome. 

And yeah Bruce, when you choke in a game 7 up in Minny...they won't forget about it in a week like they do in SoCal. 

7 minutes ago, Thomas Crow said:

"The fact that the whole state of Minnesota is hockey nuts I thought would be a real interesting difference coming from Anaheim." -- BB

Minnesota is so hockey nuts, that the North Stars left. 

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

The goalie situation is interesting. I've been in Gibson's corner for awhile now but I've never really disliked Freddie. After the showing Freddie had to end the season, I think I'd rather keep him around. Freddie seems to have the shoulders to carry this team and the confidence in himself to step up in big spots. Fuck You Freddie is awesome. 

And yeah Bruce, when you choke in a game 7 up in Minny...they won't forget about it in a week like they do in SoCal. 

Reminds me of way back when the LA Kings original plan was for Bernier to become their franchise Goalie but then Quick did so well they kept him instead of Bernier.

It is sorta similar but I don't think Bernier ever got the look that Gibson has and Andersen has been no Jonathan Quick.  Gibson has the team friendly contract.  I would be shocked if Andersen ends up being the guy in the net.  I'm still team Gibson btw lol.  I just think he has a higher ceiling.  That all said I do like Freddy even tho he has frustrated me intensely (to be fair so has Gibson at times) and think he deserves get a net full time somewhere.  I wouldn't be crushed if it was in Anaheim but I would be really surprised. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It is sorta similar but I don't think Bernier ever got the look that Gibson has and Andersen has been no Jonathan Quick.  Gibson has the team friendly contract.  I would be shocked if Andersen ends up being the guy in the net.  I'm still team Gibson btw lol.  I just think he has a higher ceiling.  That all said I do like Freddy even tho he has frustrated me intensely (to be fair so has Gibson at times) and think he deserves get a net full time somewhere.  I wouldn't be crushed if it was in Anaheim but I would be really surprised. 

But as a return of investment.  Gibson and his friendly contract could get back in return a lot more than Andersen and his RFA amount. 

Wild card is if Andersen accepts a team friendly deal.  Say he says he will sign a friendly deal of 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 5 year deal.  Won't happen I know.  But if he wants to stay but wants the net. 

I think someone is going to offer him a huge deal though.

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yeah Quick is better than Andersen for sure, while Gibson is better than Bernier.

Calgary GM Burke is probally preparing trade offers right now.

If he's willing to offer the #6th overall pick I'm hoping they make a deal, suppose Edmonton drafts Chychrun at #4 which then means Vancouver drafts Tkachuk at #5 & then that allows them to select Center: Pierre-Luc Dubois at #6.

Carolina could offer the #13 pick & #21 pick.