• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I think it's coincidence. Boudreau maybe had his best coaching effort of his career this year. Like I said, if they think a new voice is needed so be it . It's unfortunate tho, Bruce is a good coach and if anyone deserves better it's him. Lots of guys on this roster disappeared for long stretches on him this season.

He maybe a good coach but there is a pattern of the Ducks rarely playing a full 60 minutes of good hockey and that starts with him. 

BB starting Stoner and pairing him with Despres was mistake #1. Dropping McGinn to the 4th line was mistake #2.

BB isn't unlucky. It's a definite pattern. Look at his failures in the playoffs with the Caps.

This was the Ducks best game of the series? Are you kidding? What game were you watching? Ducks missed on a lot of center ice passes, failed to dump the puck in the offensive zone, refused to get in front of Rinne in the first period. Best game of the series?

Yes, best game of the series. They dominated play 3/4's of the game. They couldn't tie it up and had some unlucky bounces. It happens. anyway. I'm done with trying to defense it. I'm as bummed out as any of you. If you want to think there's some magical game 7 bugaboo. By all means. I think it's more complicated then that.

We lack good puck handling forwards. We have a very young D core. There's a lot of stuff going on here.

Yes, best game of the series. They dominated play 3/4's of the game. They couldn't tie it up and had some unlucky bounces. It happens. anyway. I'm done with trying to defense it. I'm as bummed out as any of you. If you want to think there's some magical game 7 bugaboo. By all means. I think it's more complicated then that.

We lack good puck handling forwards. We have a very young D core. There's a lot of stuff going on here.

There is, play like they played for the 2nd and 3rd periods the whole game or not be in a Game 7 period by not taking the first 2 games off.

I'd call it desperation and not intensity. If it was intensity they wouldn't have dug themselves a 2-0 hole. It's like when you procrastinate past the point of recovery and panic. 

That's true also, they were pressing , forcing a lot of shots and passes

Edited by tennischmp

He maybe a good coach but there is a pattern of the Ducks rarely playing a full 60 minutes of good hockey and that starts with him.

I mean how many teams play 60 minutes of great hockey often ? This isn't the NBA. The NHL is probably the toughest league in terms of parity of any in North America. Bruce Boudreau has won a lot of hockey games behind the Ducks bench. A lot. It's unfortunate that we haven't gotten a cup. Do we really think the teams fate would be different if a different guy was behind the bench. Like what levers did he fail to pull ? I just think it's a tough argument to make. If you believe it, that's fine. I just don't buy it.

Someone said something about teemu speaking up against Boudreau.

You know what ? Teemu Seleane was ****ing wrong about that. He was a butt hurt old player that thought he deserved ice just because of his of history. It was playoffs and in that last year Teemu was ****ing worthless. I'm sorry but it's true. He had no business complaining about being scratched. He should have kept his big dumb mouth shut and accepted the god like status he's been given in Anaheim with gratitude instead of running to the Finnish media to talk shit on his coach. He was whining that Getzlaf didn't fight for him also. The whole episode was sorry bullshit.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I mean how many teams play 60 minutes of great hockey often ? This isn't the NBA. The NHL is probably the toughest league in terms of parity of any in North America. Bruce Boudreau has won a lot of hockey games behind the Ducks bench. A lot. It's unfortunate that we haven't gotten a cup. Do we really think the teams fate would be different if a different guy was behind the bench. Like what levers did he fail to pull ? I just think it's a tough argument to make. If you believe it, that's fine. I just don't buy it.

Not many teams play full 60 minutes but in the playoffs and especially Game 7 you gotta bring it for the full 60.

I would be that if Joel Quenneville was their coach their fate would be very different. 

And I already said what BB didn't do was have the team ready to play the first 2 games and the first period in game 7.

Actually Quenville is one of those coaches who seems to get his players to take alot less penaltys & get the most skill out of his players.

Quenville's players can focus on the skill side of the game instead of worrying about the PK alot.

Thats what Mike Babcock does too. Focuses on skill, puck handling & not taking penaltys.

Those are some well known things about their coaching style.

The Ducks had either the 2nd most or 1st in Penalty minutes this year, they had the best PK to make up for it.

Now imagine if they didn't take so many penaltys & focused more on skill, puck handling, passing, etc instead of extra focus on a PK to make up for their penalty minutes.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

UFA's

Perron

McGinn

Horcoff

Stewart

Santorelli

Holzer

RFA's

Vatannen

Andersen

Pirri

Lindholm

Rakell

Cap space $17.7 million.  Estimated increase of $4 million next season.  So $21.7 million.

With that crap performance in the playoffs, don't expect the Ducks to go to max cap.  So we have about $11.7 million to spend.

Murray is going to have to get creative, because it looks like the door to the cup just slammed shut.

I agree with Underthehalo's view of the game.   I couldn't do anything but laugh on my drive home.  Ducks showed up and still can't win a game 7.  Oh well, at least the Halos swept the Royals.  It's now officially MLB season for me.

If being down 2-0 after the 1st is your idea of showing up, I hope that's not the Ducks that show up next time there is a Game 7 

Hate to say I told you so, Bob... but I ****ing told you so. We will never win a Cup so long as Getzlaf and Perry are the core of this team. Talented as hell but no clutch factor or determination factor when it counts.

You can't place this on Bruce entirely. Reading some of the arguments in here calling for his firing is quite laughable. Sure, he's not the best coach in the league and some stuff you can argue is on him but this is all on the players. When you have guys like Despres and Fowler sucking it up game in and game out along with a rookie Theodore, things aren't going to go well. I can't count how many times I saw Fowler fumble a puck at the blue line and have it leave the zone. He was BAD. Not Despres/Theodore bad but ****ing bad. Kesler and Garbutt were honestly the only two damn forwards that showed up in this series. hampus and Sami on the D side were the only consistent blue line pairing. Getzlaf and Perry tho. **** them. They need to go. Like I said, I truly believe we will never get over this hump with those two running the show in Anaheim. Unfortunately, they're 31, have NMCs, and will never waive it most likely. We're screwed with these two.

Hate to say I told you so, Bob... but I ****ing told you so. We will never win a Cup so long as Getzlaf and Perry are the core of this team. Talented as hell but no clutch factor or determination factor when it counts.

You can't place this on Bruce entirely. Reading some of the arguments in here calling for his firing is quite laughable. Sure, he's not the best coach in the league and some stuff you can argue is on him but this is all on the players. When you have guys like Despres and Fowler sucking it up game in and game out along with a rookie Theodore, things aren't going to go well. I can't count how many times I saw Fowler fumble a puck at the blue line and have it leave the zone. He was BAD. Not Despres/Theodore bad but ****ing bad. Kesler and Garbutt were honestly the only two damn forwards that showed up in this series. hampus and Sami on the D side were the only consistent blue line pairing. Getzlaf and Perry tho. **** them. They need to go. Like I said, I truly believe we will never get over this hump with those two running the show in Anaheim. Unfortunately, they're 31, have NMCs, and will never waive it most likely. We're screwed with these two.

You certainly did.  I don't know who else we could possibly get that would be better than Getz/Perry so we are stuck with them whether you like it or not.  Love Kesler, he is the reason I still think the team has a shot.  I don't think this is on Bruce at all, this is squarely on the shoulders of the players, mainly Getz, Perry, Fowler.  

The thing is, you don't need the best players to win. You just need the ones who will actually show up and do their job. I mean look at the teams left in the playoffs. Some of the depth players are stepping up and going nuts. Scoring goals at will. Some guys just know how to win. IF we had the chance to dump Perry or Getzlaf's contract on a team and get maybe just a pick or a player out of it, I'd consider that a win. Addition by subraction. Build around others. Sign other FAs with the saved money. Easier said than done and a lot has to fall into place for sure though. I do think Fowler gets shipped out though. We can get a pretty damn good deal for him. I've also thought Vatanen would for sure be gone but he played very well. It wouldn't surprise me if he stays.

The thing is, you don't need the best players to win. You just need the ones who will actually show up and do their job. I mean look at the teams left in the playoffs. Some of the depth players are stepping up and going nuts. Scoring goals at will. Some guys just know how to win. IF we had the chance to dump Perry or Getzlaf's contract on a team and get maybe just a pick or a player out of it, I'd consider that a win. Addition by subraction. Build around others. Sign other FAs with the saved money. Easier said than done and a lot has to fall into place for sure though. I do think Fowler gets shipped out though. We can get a pretty damn good deal for him. I've also thought Vatanen would for sure be gone but he played very well. It wouldn't surprise me if he stays.

I think Fowler should definitely be the Dman traded.  Gotta lock up Sami and Lindholm long term.  

Trading Getzlaf and Perry is laughable suggestion.

Any team would kill to have those two.

Hell in this game Getz was a monster. By far the best player on the ice.

Perry was a ghost though. Annoying.

I'm kind of over Fowler though. I know the org wants to groom him to be future A and potential C, but I'm not sure I'm sold.

Lindholm? Absolutely. Give him whatever he wants.

I figured they would trade Vatanen as he is replaceable with Theodore, but now I am starting to say we keep him and trade Cam.

It's a funky year. Who would have guessed the kings, hawks and ducks would be booted in round one?

That's the fun of playoffs.

The better team doesn't always win.

We dominated the preds, and yet we're now out golfing.

It's not like the kings series, they got their asses handed to them by the sharks.

BB is an amazing coach, and he'll be a jack adams finalist and potential winner.

But I think they move to Paulrus after this. Just look at the job he did with special teams.

Maybe they move Scotty up to assistant coach behind the bench?

Edited by mrwicked

I posted this on Twitter and I can see this happening. Ducks trading for Andrew Shaw. He would be a HUGE pickup for us. Scores like crazy in the playoffs, he's physical, and plays the game hard. Chicago needs cost controlled Defense. We have Manson, Montour, Larsson available to trade. I'm calling this trade right now.

VLL just agreed with me on Getz/Perry. Clearly, I'm wrong on this now. I take back what I said.

In all seriousness though, neither of them will ever get traded nor should they. We just gotta hope they somehow find that it factor when it matters.

It's not just Game 7's. He's lost each game 6 as well in those close out scenarios.

I posted this on Twitter and I can see this happening. Ducks trading for Andrew Shaw. He would be a HUGE pickup for us. Scores like crazy in the playoffs, he's physical, and plays the game hard. Chicago needs cost controlled Defense. We have Manson, Montour, Larsson available to trade. I'm calling this trade right now.

Chicago is 5 mil under the cap with probably an extra $4 mil for a total of $9 mil to spend next year.  With Shaw being a RFA, I can see him being traded.  If Murray could use his magic and trade Depres....But would Chicago be interested in 2 years of Fowler + one of our AHL defensemen not named Theodore?