• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Chicago is 5 mil under the cap with probably an extra $4 mil for a total of $9 mil to spend next year.  With Shaw being a RFA, I can see him being traded.  If Murray could use his magic and trade Depres....But would Chicago be interested in 2 years of Fowler + one of our AHL defensemen not named Theodore?

Shaw made $2 this season. Chicago wants to stay there or even lower. They have Panarin coming up on RFA next season and a few others as well. It'll definitely have to be Manson, Montour, Larsson. Fowler makes too much even for his team friendly deal to entice Chicago.

Shaw made $2 this season. Chicago wants to stay there or even lower. They have Panarin coming up on RFA next season and a few others as well. It'll definitely have to be Manson, Montour, Larsson. Fowler makes too much even for his team friendly deal to entice Chicago.

I'd be good with that. 

Kesler was our best player this season, IMO. If I had it my way, he would be wearing the C. He is the definition of heart and soul. Love that guy with a passion and I hope we can get him a Cup next year.

I didn't have issues with Getzlaf this year in the SCP. He played well for the most part. Perry, however, was a ****ing ghost. Any rumors on if he was injured or anything? That was ****ing horrible. 

I'm down with trading Fowler if it means locking up Lindholm and Vatanen. Lindholm, along with Kesler, were the best players on the ice during the series.

Another long off season awaits. I expect to trade some defense for some offense, but I hope they don't tinker with what they've got too much. As deflating as this is, there is still a small window to win a Cup with this core and I think the right coach could get them over the hump. 

anyone else left wondering what might have happened had the kings won the division and the ducks finished second? 

i'm not advocating anything, but i can't help but wonder if the first round series for each of us might have played out differently had our positions in the standings been switched.

i hope that doesn't make me sound like a dick. just curious.

Kesler was our best player this season, IMO. If I had it my way, he would be wearing the C. He is the definition of heart and soul. Love that guy with a passion and I hope we can get him a Cup next year.

I didn't have issues with Getzlaf this year in the SCP. He played well for the most part. Perry, however, was a ****ing ghost. Any rumors on if he was injured or anything? That was ****ing horrible.

I'm down with trading Fowler if it means locking up Lindholm and Vatanen. Lindholm, along with Kesler, were the best players on the ice during the series.

Another long off season awaits. I expect to trade some defense for some offense, but I hope they don't tinker with what they've got too much. As deflating as this is, there is still a small window to win a Cup with this core and I think the right coach could get them over the hump.

They probably still would have lost but giving Lindholm the most minutes out of the teams Defensemen probably would have saved a few goals. Unfortunately Boudreau thinks Lindholm is the teams 3rd best defenseman after Fowler & Vatanen.

You can't place this on Bruce entirely. Reading some of the arguments in here calling for his firing is quite laughable. Sure, he's not the best coach in the league and some stuff you can argue is on him but this is all on the players. When you have guys like Despres and Fowler sucking it up game in and game out along with a rookie Theodore, things aren't going to go well. I can't count how many times I saw Fowler fumble a puck at the blue line and have it leave the zone. He was BAD. Not Despres/Theodore bad but ****ing bad. Kesler and Garbutt were honestly the only two damn forwards that showed up in this series. hampus and Sami on the D side were the only consistent blue line pairing. Getzlaf and Perry tho. **** them. They need to go. Like I said, I truly believe we will never get over this hump with those two running the show in Anaheim. Unfortunately, they're 31, have NMCs, and will never waive it most likely. We're screwed with these two.

So let me get this straight, it's not the coach's fault for the team losing 3-2 series leads last 4 series only to lose at home after being outscored 13 to 1 in the first period and never having the lead in any of the game 7s. It's perry and getzlaf's faults but they aren't going to be traded so we are screwed until they retire and we are able to find some stars that will get us over the hump. Sounds good

So let me get this straight, it's not the coach's fault for the team losing 3-2 series leads last 4 series only to lose at home after being outscored 13 to 1 in the first period and never having the lead in any of the game 7s. It's perry and getzlaf's faults but they aren't going to be traded so we are screwed until they retire and we are able to find some stars that will get us over the hump. Sounds good

Bruce put the best lineups out on the ice and managed them to the best of his ability with what he was given. How is it his fault this team failed to rally behind Gibby in Games 1 and 2 and in Game 6? You act as if he's just sitting there eating a cheeseburger and not doing anything. Let me ask you this. Who replaces him? There are no available coaches out there with anywhere near the resume of Bruce. Just like earlier in the season when everyone wanted him fired. Guess what? He's the best option. Until the core of this team grows a pair, we aren't going to win a Cup no matter the coach. There's only so much a coach can do. Players have to get it done.

Bruce put the best lineups out on the ice and managed them to the best of his ability with what he was given. How is it his fault this team failed to rally behind Gibby in Games 1 and 2 and in Game 6? You act as if he's just sitting there eating a cheeseburger and not doing anything. Let me ask you this. Who replaces him? There are no available coaches out there with anywhere near the resume of Bruce. Just like earlier in the season when everyone wanted him fired. Guess what? He's the best option. Until the core of this team grows a pair, we aren't going to win a Cup no matter the coach. There's only so much a coach can do. Players have to get it done.

What? That's his job, to get the players to start playing with a sense of urgency at Game 1 and not only when down 2 games to 0. And to get the players to play with a sense of urgency at the start of Game 7 and not at the start of period 2 down 2. 

And while you say that we need players that win in the playoffs, we also need a coach who knows how to win. And while his resume is great and all, his playoff resume is shit with and without the Ducks. 

TC, again... Answer me this. Who takes the job? There's literally no one.

Besides Paul McLean?  The guy that turned around our very bad PP and PK units to the leagues best?  The guy who's won a Stanley Cup as an assistant coach?  And who also has won coach of the year?

Do you know what

Jeff Carter

Drew Doughty

Tyler Toffoli

All have in common?  Cocksuckers were all -5 or worse in the playoffs, and their teams are making golf reservations. 

Good article on how you have to be careful about putting too much weight

into plus/minus. As in Doughty was screwed hard by fate on them. Though Carter and Toffoli... 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/drew-doughty-carry-blame-kings-early-playoff-exit/

I think losing in this manner year after year has become an almost conscious opponent for them. A coaching change might be enough to shake the superstition. Rinne played amazing last night plus he had a lot of luck with posts. The Preds were amazing in clogging the crease with I'm pretty sure 8-10 players at a time (cheating?!?!) and noone on the Ducks seemed willing to earn the dirty goals, excluding Perry's whiff.

Besides Paul McLean?  The guy that turned around our very bad PP and PK units to the leagues best?  The guy who's won a Stanley Cup as an assistant coach?  And who also has won coach of the year?

Again, not anywhere near confident that he's much of an improvement though. A team that's this talented shouldn't be left to chance with their coach. Gotta go with the for sure coach.

Your right Kesler should be the captain & it also may help Getzlaf focus on shooting the puck more.

Chicago is 5 mil under the cap with probably an extra $4 mil for a total of $9 mil to spend next year.  With Shaw being a RFA, I can see him being traded.  If Murray could use his magic and trade Depres....But would Chicago be interested in 2 years of Fowler + one of our AHL defensemen not named Theodore?

but don't forget panarin. he hit ALL of his bonuses, which means an additional $2.5m added to their cap this coming season.

their problem is they have $60.42m committed to 10 just dudes:

Kane, Toews, Hossa, Bickell, Anisimov, Kruger, Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, and Crawford.

and even moving forward if they were to jettison bickell, it doesn't get better a few years from now:

they just get older.

in 2018-2019 they still have $56.42 million to:

Toews (30), Kane (30), Hossa (40), Anisimov (30), Kruger (28), Seabrook (34), Keith (35), Hjalmarsson (31), and Crawford (34).

that's brutal.

for cap total, right now they are at $65.9 million committed to 17 players.

shaw and panik are RFAs

and teuvo and panarin are RFAs next year. so they can't give a ton to shaw and panik.

they are going to be a total complete sh*t show in a few years

but that's the price of wining 3 cups in 6 years