• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Has KYLE KUBITZA replaced Erick 'FUBAR' Aybar?

JoJo26

I'm just happy somebody we brought up actually hit the ball.

Tripping over a base while running is a mistake you see a few times a season.  No big deal.

Forgetting how many outs there are, kind of a big deal when there are runners on base.

Kid gets a pass and I'll leave the criticism to the guys like AO and jojo that obviously don't make mistakes.

I was listening to the radio when his second gaffe happened (I think it was the baserunning). Terry Smith (and to a certain extent, Langston) went off on his errors for, seriously, three or four minutes.

I had just turned on the radio, so i was trying to figure out what was going on... Smith just kept hammering the kid.  It occurred to me: Smith never criticizes Angels players, certainly not this length of time.  It was the dude's first couple innings of play.  Smith almost sounded like a bully to me.  If he wants to criticize players, fine.  But there are 25 players on the roster (and a manager).  I know damn well that Smith would never give that kind of treatment to the well paid veterans.

Seems kind of petty... pick on the rookie. 

JMO

This is the most deceptive thread title ever if you are playing the guess the OP thread.

While on the surface, it appears to be an AO-type thread, if you look closely, there is no reference to some 1960's television show, 1950's baseball player, or 1970's Long Beach State player.

So this mistake is on you, my friend. 

I think I'll give the kid a couple more games before we give up on him...he can play, not Mike Trout but potentially a pretty good long term 3bman....Wouldn't mind if he keeps hitting and moves Freese to DH...

Edited by DMVol

I'm just happy somebody we brought up actually hit the ball.

Tripping over a base while running is a mistake you see a few times a season. No big deal.

Forgetting how many outs there are, kind of a big deal when there are runners on base.

Kid gets a pass and I'll leave the criticism to the guys like AO and jojo that obviously don't make mistakes.

Uhh mt, Terry Smith hammered him too.

For those of you hoping for another Troy Glaus, his first three years as a third baseman in the majors his fielding percentage was only .941, .954, and .933. Most rookies are prone to mistakes, some improve, and then some don't.

Mishandling a grounder is one thing.

Trying to tag the runner going to 3B with 2 outs when he has the easy play to first is another.

How often do you see that in the majors?

Kid's first game in the bigs....relax people.

I think we were all very spoiled by Trout's more than easy transition to the big show. Trout set the bar so high that now there seems to be an expectation of greatness right out of the gate.   

Two hits in his first MLB game...let's talk about how the Angels need offense right now and how Kubbie did his job on that aspect of the game.

Okay, after taking some time to think about it, as bad as those two mistakes were (and they were putridly bad), I will see how he progresses.

Hope he has a solid career, and can then make his two MLB debut botches a humorous side note in future conversations.

And heck no, I never want to be traded to Tejas and have to put up with Hackilton for a season in the same clubhouse.

Edited by Angel Oracle