• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Has KYLE KUBITZA replaced Erick 'FUBAR' Aybar?

JoJo26

By the 3rd inning - in his Show debut - Kubitza has managed to do the following:

Forgot that with 2 outs, just throw the ball to 1st...instead of flinching and getting the advancing runner in a run down...allowing the Rays to score a gift run.

FUBAResque.

Next, after banging his first hit ever...he "stumbles" rounding 2nd - heading to 3rd...realizes that he's in deep poop...U-Turns it...only to dive about TWO FEET away from second base...where the Original Fubar is standing...and gets tagged out...with MIKE TROUT heading up to bat.

Very FUBAResque. maxresdefault.jpg

The kid make Aybar look like Jeter....and that's saying somethin'.....

head-desk-bartlett_zps7aadc009.gif

Edited by JoJo26

By the 3rd inning - in his Show debut - Kubitza has managed to do the following:

Forgot that with 2 outs, just throw the ball to 1st...instead of flinching and getting the advancing runner in a run down...allowing the Rays to score a gift run.

FUBAResque.

Next, after banging his first hit ever...he "stumbles" rounding 2nd - heading to 3rd...realizes that he's in deep poop...U-Turns it...only to dive about TWO FEET away from second base...where the Original Fubar is standing...and gets tagged out...with MIKE TROUT heading up to bat.

Very FUBAResque.

The kid make Aybar look like Jeter....and that's saying somethin'.....

I was hoping someone would pull up the Willie Mays Hayes pic

I figure now is as good a time as any to repost this:

miss-me-yet-b9t80o.jpg

Edited by ScottLux

Meh, he is getting on the job training. First night in front of a real crowd in a real stadium with the cameras everywhere and he actually got two solid hits. I figured he would have growing pains and we'd just have to suffer with it for a while but you guys have to get over it because he is next seasons starting 3rd baseman.

Many making their MLB debut manage to avoid the Little League like blunders he made in the field and on the bases.

Many, but not all.  Then again veterans make these kind of mistakes as well.  I'll reserve judgement until he plays a few months.  All that said, I would not have brought him up now, and I said so earlier yesterday in another thread.  The mistakes got magnified in this game.  Then there was Weaver, he kind of looked like a rookie for the first few innings.  Overall, we come back to the same darn problem - not enough offense.  That's been the consistent theme, and we will go nowhere until it's corrected.  With this pitching staf, this team's got to find a way to score at least 4-5 runs a night, consistently.

Meh, he is getting on the job training. First night in front of a real crowd in a real stadium with the cameras everywhere and he actually got two solid hits. I figured he would have growing pains and we'd just have to suffer with it for a while but you guys have to get over it because he is next seasons starting 3rd baseman.

Lol at real crowd

First game.....First shame.

Cut him some slack? 

Really?

This is his 5th season. I don't expect him to hit for the cycle and play like Brooks....but come on!

The dude went total FUBAR...all in the first third of the game...

Is he the 2nd coming of Troy Glaus? Doubtful...he's just a stop gap for Freezer....but man...turrable debut rook....just turrable...

charles+barkley+turrable.jpg

When I saw Kubitza play in a Bee's game a couple months ago, he managed to be picked off 3rd by the catcher with less than 2 out.  Bee's were down by 1 run at the time.  I'm sure we have not seen the last of Kubitza's boneheaded base running.  

Edited by Dreams