• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

I am not a Californian so stop me if my reasoning is flawed here, but this site says the maximum individual tax rate is 12.3%.  If Hamilton accepts a 12.3% reduction in his contract going forward, that puts the value of the remaining three years at $83M - 12.3% = $72.8M.  If the Rangers then pay $15M of that, the Angels are then on the hook for $57.8M (as opposed to the $68M that is being talked about).

Not great, but better...

I am not a Californian so stop me if my reasoning is flawed here, but this site says the maximum individual tax rate is 12.3%.  If Hamilton accepts a 12.3% reduction in his contract going forward, that puts the value of the remaining three years at $83M - 12.3% = $72.8M.  If the Rangers then pay $15M of that, the Angels are then on the hook for $57.8M (as opposed to the $68M that is being talked about).

Not great, but better...

50% of his games are not played in Texas, so if I'm right, that would be counted at that state he's playing ins tax rate.  I have a feeling what's holding it up isn't reducing the Angels portion of it, but reducing the Rangers portion of it.  

I am not a Californian so stop me if my reasoning is flawed here, but this site says the maximum individual tax rate is 12.3%. If Hamilton accepts a 12.3% reduction in his contract going forward, that puts the value of the remaining three years at $83M - 12.3% = $72.8M. If the Rangers then pay $15M of that, the Angels are then on the hook for $57.8M (as opposed to the $68M that is being talked about).

Not great, but better...

Yea, I was going to do that math, but hadn't had a chance yet.

50% of his games are not played in Texas, so if I'm right, that would be counted at that state he's playing ins tax rate.  I have a feeling what's holding it up isn't reducing the Angels portion of it, but reducing the Rangers portion of it.

not true

Houston is in Texas

sigh

Christians aren't perfect any more than anyone else is, but since Josh has made a point of publicly declaring his religion at every opportunity and claiming that it's turned his life around, IMHO it's fair to point out that his actions do not in any way appear to be in line with the tenets of his professed faith. Especially when compared to other players who are Christian and do walk the walk.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Christians aren't perfect any more than anyone else is, but since Josh has made a point of publicly declaring his religion at every opportunity and claiming that it's turned his life around, IMHO it's fair to point out that his actions do not in any way appear to be in line with the tenets of his professed faith. Especially when compared to other players who are Christian and do walk the walk.

are you a Christian?

I'm by no means sympathetic to Hamilton. That said, I think this is a bad decision motivated by hurt feelings and bruised egos. It's easy to say because it's "not my money" but I'd much rather gamble that money on Hamilton rebounding, even if a little bit. I have a bad feeling this will come back to bite us.