• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton has filed for divorce

KevinJ14

This is what I believe.  You can't rely on your religious beliefs to save you from your demons.  You have to rely on yourself, perhaps with help from your religious beliefs, but ultimately it is your battle to fight.  Sometimes I think people assume that if they voice their beliefs enough, that everything will work out.

I hope that Josh and his wife can have a civil relationship for the sake of their children.  

This is what I believe.  You can't rely on your religious beliefs to save you from your demons.  You have to rely on yourself, perhaps with help from your religious beliefs, but ultimately it is your battle to fight.  Sometimes I think people assume that if they voice their beliefs enough, that everything will work out.

I hope that Josh and his wife can have a civil relationship for the sake of their children.  

Agreed.  In fact, if anything, I'd argue that in a lot of cases, people who "lean on religion" in cases like this are the ones most likely to have relapses, since "leaving it to God," etc. basically removes any personal responsibility and growth from the equation. 

@ Scotty, Though I wish I could agree and believe that Josh is this fantastic religious person.....Somehow, I don't believe JH was thinking about his savior Jesus Christ when he was railing them up. Matter of fact. He had to locate drugs either drive somewhere and or have them delivered, pay for said drugs and take the time to figure out how he was going to use said drugs..... And I'm sure he never thought in anyone of those moments Jesus Christ help me what am I doing..........

He could have read the bible, wrote in his journal, Called his Life Coach, Gone to Church, Called his Pastor, Called a friend who was there before, a Teammate, a million choices. He did nothing but make nnother bad choice and put himself, his family, his career in jeopardy.

Turn the page~

I'm not religious and any religion seems silly to me but being religious doesn't mean that you'll do everything flawlessly according to the book you follow. I'm no expert but the goal of Christians are to strive to be as "good" as Jesus with the understanding that it is unlikely that you'll reach that goal. Maybe his religious belief kept him doing this well. IMO, he and his wife have always laid on the Jesus stuff on thicker than they really believe. Who am I to judge though.

People get divorced all the time. It's a bummer, certainly in light of his other issues, but it's hardly the end of the world.

what a piece of crap thing to say. i went through it, with a kid, trust me it definitely is the end of the world. the difference is eventually you realize there is a new world for you and them.

Everyone seems to be wishing Josh the best in here and Brandon comes in here and gets pissy that we are talking about it lol

For someone who "doesn't spend much time in the baseball forum", you're in the baseball forum a lot

Not really dude, but you seem to like to follow me around recently.

Certain people have no boundaries with their fandom.

Well Josh and his wife have at least three houses and he paid 12 million for the one in OC. With half of his income going to taxes and his agent he is not really that wealthy. Nine million is not that much of a net income with his expenses and it is going to get worse with his divorce.

Well Josh and his wife have at least three houses and he paid 12 million for the one in OC. With half of his income going to taxes and his agent he is not really that wealthy. Nine million is not that much of a net income with his expenses and it is going to get worse with his divorce.

I can't wait for the responses on this one.