• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton has filed for divorce

KevinJ14

The world certainly seems to be $h1++ing on Josh Hamilton right now.  He's going through some tough times and I hope he grows as a result.  He lost the ability to play baseball at an elite level, lost control of himself around drugs, alcohol and women, and has now lost his wife. 

I hope his relationship with Jesus Christ gets him through this tough time, and I hope he grows closer with his children.  Those girls are going to need their dad in the future. 

Impossible to know how this happened - whether the chicken or the egg came first - and at this point it probably doesn't matter that much. What matters is it certainly seems like something that's going to be unhelpful for his recovery. In some ways it probably adds to the argument that it would be best for Josh if he retired. But given he's about to take a pretty big financial hit, maybe he can't afford to.

What matters most though is it's such a sad situation for all parties, but especially his kids.

How did the OP even come across this?

Weirds me out how some of you come across players personal lives, like the dude that posted Lackey's engagement photos or the person that was posting pics of Teixeria's wife out and about.

It's stalkerish.

"Stalkerish" to post something reported by most major newspapers in the country? That just made my day.

I cant. Hes getting paid billions of dollars to simply stay clean, and show up and (try) to play baseball. I really hope Arte has a way to get out of that contract because paying out the rest of it would be equivalent to giving 20 bucks to a drug addict on the street.

Damn. I thought it was only $83 million left. Hamilton's contract is even worse than I thought. Franchise over.....

That's pretty sad if that's what made your day.

If you use some common sense, who the hell is Evan Grant? And why is an Angels fan friends with him on Twitter?

The best known beat reporter for one of our division rivals? Yep, absurd to be following him on Twitter isn't it?

How did the OP even come across this?

Weirds me out how some of you come across players personal lives, like the dude that posted Lackey's engagement photos or the person that was posting pics of Teixeria's wife out and about.

It's stalkerish.

It was reported by the Dallas newspaper. Ken Rosenthal, the Texas Rangers beat reporter, and all of the Angels beat reporters tweeted/wrote about it a couple of hours ago.

Or is it the other way around?

Everything I've heard about Katie Hamilton suggests she is not a good person at all.

I don't know much, but the little I've heard paints her out as somewhat of a bitch. I'm not defending Josh but I don't necessarily think his drug use is what's leading to this divorce

Everything I've heard about Katie Hamilton suggests she is not a good person at all.

I don't know much, but the little I've heard paints her out as somewhat of a bitch. I'm not defending Josh but I don't necessarily think his drug use is what's leading to this divorce

Jeeszus. This is the reason why threads like this can go wrong fast.

To be fair if a person lets someone follow them on Twitter, is FB friends and so on they kind of bring it on themselves by putting it out there. In this case his wife was about to (or did) go on a TV show that's all about rich head cases who live in a different world than the rest of us who put on a show for the camera. Not saying that warrants people following everything others do but it goes both ways.

A while back before a decision was made on Hamilton's relapse when everyone was talking about his wife being on that reality show I had done a google search wondering if she was actually still participating in it.  Turns out she quit a while back because everything needed to remain private while the league was deliberating, but Josh had never wanted her to join it to begin with.  It was speculated this played a part in his relapse, but who really knows?  Both of them clearly have their issues.  I wouldn't doubt if it was mutual.  Josh hasn't exactly been a saint.  At the end of the day, it is their business though.  We all get this information because their lives are plastered everywhere.  I didn't like Josh much before he was an Angel because he always seemed to be full of excuses and rarely in control.  I guess I looked down on him, which is easy to do when the guy makes tons of money and you only know what you read.  I was hoping that he would be suspended because as an Angels fan I feel he is toxic to the team. I still do not want him coming back to the Angels, but I do feel for him that he is going through all of this.  I have really tried to stay out of any Hamilton related articles and threads.  I have enough problems and enough people I love that have their own problems to be spending my time with this.  It sucks I even know so much about Hamilton's personal life at this point.  I hope the best for everyone in that family, particularly their children.  But right now I just want to think about baseball.