• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels 2015 Daily Prospect Stat-lines

Chuck

They need to go back to that and move Green up or play Navarro. Both are better off envelope that Joyce and neither can be worse than Joyce on defense.

When we picked him up he was supposed to be a platoon player with Cron at DH, backup OF.

The team didn't know about Josh Hamilton's injury and issues until after Joyce was acquired.

I think at the time a Joyce/Cron platoon with career averages in mind would have netted us 20-25 HR and 85-90 RBI, which for a DH is solid production.

Kubitza has been struggling. Still striking out too much.

I would say it's more that he's coming back down to earth. He's still got a .875 OPS and is batting .311. About where he was last year.

The only thing I'm concerned about are his walks being down significantly.

Chris Ellis with a second straight strong start.

7.0 IP 6 H 4 ER 2 BB 10 SO

ERA can be a very deceiving stat to judge a player by. Ellis has a 5.51 ERA this season but has a 1.16 WHIP, 2.1 BB9, and 11.1 SO9.

Ellis's ERA is much higher than it probably should be considering his strong peripherals. Does anyone calculate FIP for minor league pitchers? If so, what us Ellis's?

And Newcomb hopefully made his last start in low A. Time for a promotion

Ellis's ERA is much higher than it probably should be considering his strong peripherals. Does anyone calculate FIP for minor league pitchers? If so, what us Ellis's?

And Newcomb hopefully made his last start in low A. Time for a promotion

Here you go, http://www.statcorner.com/pitch/595939/Christopher-Ellis

His FIP sits at 3.48, the league average is 3.77.   

Stuff-wise, Ellis is our 4th best pitching prospect behind Newcomb, Heaney and Alcantara. He really has mid-rotation potential, and if the Angels target an OF at the deadline or in the offseason, you can bet he'll probably be part of that package. It sucks, but you have to give to get.

Hot bats in the outfield of Triple-A: potential call-ups?

Alfredo Marte (LF) batting .340/.376/.479 

Gary Brown (CF) raised his batting average up to .260/.284/.455 (.308/.327/.596 with Salt Lake) on the season. Last 8 games he's hit .393 with 1 double, 2 triples and 3 home runs.

Both just 26 years old too.

Edited by rafibomb

Yeah, I think Green should be starting in LF. We're not getting anything from that position so far this season. 

Been on that bandwagon since before the season started.   I wonder if there is something about Green they do not like beyond the glove issues.   I know his plate discipline had taken a radical turn for the worse early this year, but it's early still..   Maybe it's just a case of them preferring the flexibility that Navarro gives them at 1B and the OF, or a belief that Joyce is close to turning it around but the issues in LF and DH seem like a good time to give Green some extended at bats.

We saw how valuable a good defensive catcher is last night with Carlos Perez. Bandy's a good eebesuve catcher as well and has hit since the beginning of last season. Why not promote Bandy to backup or split time with Perez and have Iannetta work solely in hitting. Once that happens he can DH.

Cron's struggling right now.

We saw how valuable a good defensive catcher is last night with Carlos Perez. Bandy's a good eebesuve catcher as well and has hit since the beginning of last season. Why not promote Bandy to backup or split time with Perez and have Iannetta work solely in hitting. Once that happens he can DH.

Cron's struggling right now.

Cron has completely abandoned his load mechanism and always seems out on his front foot of late.

Been on that bandwagon since before the season started.   I wonder if there is something about Green they do not like beyond the glove issues.   I know his plate discipline had taken a radical turn for the worse early this year, but it's early still..   Maybe it's just a case of them preferring the flexibility that Navarro gives them at 1B and the OF, or a belief that Joyce is close to turning it around but the issues in LF and DH seem like a good time to give Green some extended at bats.

Makes you wonder why they even traded for him in the first place. Not a well thought out decision

Maybe both Navarro and Joyce bat left handed.

Been on that bandwagon since before the season started. I wonder if there is something about Green they do not like beyond the glove issues. I know his plate discipline had taken a radical turn for the worse early this year, but it's early still.. Maybe it's just a case of them preferring the flexibility that Navarro gives them at 1B and the OF, or a belief that Joyce is close to turning it around but the issues in LF and DH seem like a good time to give Green some extended at bats.

Dual double headers in both AA and AAA tonight. Key Middleton had another good outing.  He appeared in the MWAH Top 30 a couple years back but has since missed the list.  Looks like he's putting much of that potential together and is growing into a fine pitching prospect. Another couple of seldom talked about prospect that are performing are Brandon Bayardi and Eric Aguilera.  

Bayardi is absolutely built, but was still a late-round draft pick out of UNLV that had little in the way of expectations.  He's done nothing but hit and reach base since signing with the Angels, though it's come in small sample sizes at multiple levels. There has to be more power projection there for him, and perhaps we'll see it in the Cal League.  

Aguilera was also a little known mid-late round draft pick.  His college coach said Aguilera was one of the best hitters he'd ever seen, and also the best amateur hitter in the Midwest in 2013.  So far, he's made good on a lot of that, hitting for average and some power in A Ball. 

Both are 24 years old in the Cal League, so they're clearly a little old to be considered prospects.  But if they keep hitting, chances are both could end up making it in a role similar to Navarro.  Sort of a AAAA player.  Nothing wrong with having those in your system.   

Also, don't look now but that waiver wire claim on Gary Brown is looking good. hitting .308 with 2 doubles, 2 triples 3 HR's and 2 SB's since coming over to the Angels.  Terrible plate discipline, but crazy fast, good defense and just enough athleticism/bat to get the job done.  Wouldn't mind seeing him replace Cowgill on the roster. 

• 2 weeks later...