• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels 2015 Daily Prospect Stat-lines

Chuck

Lots of players struggle in their first go around at the major league level.  Cron is only 25 years old, has only played in 20 games at the AAA level.  He missed some crucial development time because of team needs.  If by the end of next season he hasn't made any headway in the major leagues, then I think I'd agree about the 4-A mark.  

But that's a long time from now, and so much can happen before then.  My guess is he absolutely mashes in AAA and then returns to the Angels in July or August and hits the way he did last year, which is good-not-great. 

It was day time and much warmer than normal for this time of year. Day time in SLC makes even the best pitchers look bad. Plus Heaney was let down by some pretty horrific defensive play by his middle infielders.

His slider and change up looked good, he kept them low. Hitters were jumping all over his fastball though.

There was no more wind than normal, it was only Heaney's 3rd time to pitch in SLC in 10 starts.  Tropeano gave up 7 runs in 3.2 inning on Tuesday, welcome to SLC.

It was actually his fourth, he put up a 3.05 ERA over 17.2 innings (3 starts), at SLC before yesterday's game.    Definitely an ugly start.

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew Heaney with a QS tonight.

Nate Smith 6 2/3, 2 ER in Double-A. 

Ryan Etsell pitched 7 scoreless innings, 12 strikeouts. Who the hell is this kid? Has a strikeout per inning thus far and a solid ERA in a tough league. Looks like he was a reliever turned starter.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2015_06_13_visafa_inlafa_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

Baldoquin is BACK! Hopefully he can stay healthy and get some experience the rest of the way out. 

Yeah the ball was definitely flying today.  Luckily, Heaney's taken it all in stride, his confidence hasn't wavered the way it may for others in the PCL.  Taylor Ward is everything as advertised.  Taller, strong looking kid.  Athletic, and absolute cannon for an arm.  Everything he does is fast and smooth.  Fletcher looked really athletic, as did Survence.  Sanger looks pretty composed, like nothing surprises him. 

5 runs allowed. Struggling with command. I think today has summed up who Newcomb is right now. Raw, unfinished but tremendous upside.

Watching that game, I didn't see him struggling with command, at least not in the sense I typically use the term...  He had one inning where either he was gassed or was overthrowing because everything flattened out.  He walked one, didn't miss outside the zone at all that inning, his stuff just completely flattened.   Given it was 94 and he was soaking wet on the mound -- I'm inclined to believe he just tired out and tried to compensate by throwing harder.

I do agree the game was a classic example of a young pitcher learning the ropes...  He ended up with the 5 ER on 6 hits allowed with a walk and 11 Ks in 5 innings.