• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels 2015 Daily Prospect Stat-lines

Chuck

Some nice performances so far this year.

Good to see Middleton show some early promise as well. I was critical of that pick and not expecting much. Anyone see him this year? Don't know anything about his stuff.

I haven't seen him this year but I had the opportunity to watch him pitch after he was drafted and paired that with video and online research to formulate a scouting report on him. He was drafted in the third round the year before last, two sport collegiate athlete, first time focusing on baseball.

Based on upside alone I ranked him 21. He may have been a college athlete but he's so raw it's basically like drafting a good high school pitcher. Low 90's FB with chance for more, very good breaking ball and non existent change up are what I saw back then.

Would love to see where he is now.

Hinshaw is one of the premier power-speed threats in the minors, in special company (as of  the end of last season) with the likes of Joc Pederson, Steven Souza, and Michael Taylor - http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/top-10-power-speed-prospects-future-fantasy-impact/

This team really needs some speed.  Outside of Trout there's nobody that can reliably steal a base.

This team really needs some speed.  Outside of Trout there's nobody that can reliably steal a base.

If it were up to me, both Gary Brown and Eric Stamets would be on the major league roster right now.  Both have 8-grade speed in the scouting world, meaning they can freakin' fly. Having two runners like that coming off the bench would make the Angels very dangerous in a close game. 

So does Newcomb get 1-2 more starts before being bumped up?

The organization is pumping the brakes on that a bit.  They want Newcomb to experience success and build that confidence before moving him to a different level.  They're handling him with kiddie-gloves, but given the pitching depth present within the organization, there's no reason to rush.  They plan on Newcomb finishing the year at Inland Empire, but from what I've heard, they're thinking more along the 10-start range before a promotion. 

I think the plan is for Newcomb to push for a rotation spot in 2017/2018.  Meaning he does Burlington and IE in 2015, AA in 2016, and AAA/MLB in 2017. 

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH