• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels 2015 Daily Prospect Stat-lines

Chuck

Roger Kieschnick is a possibility AO. He's doing okay in AAA although he is striking out at an alarming rate (and has a high BABIP). He'd kind of be like a Mark Trumbo light, i.e. below average OBP with some power.

Realistically he is more like a spot starter. Probably just end up with Navarro in LF. *shrugs*

Anyone know what happened to Baldoquin? He hasn't played since April 22nd.

Kubitza has been struggling. Still striking out too much.

There really isn't much to be excited about right now in the minors, which is scary because of how old the major league roster is. 

No clue how Jerry is going to dig out of this hole. I have confidence that he'll figure something out though.

Edited by Poozy

No word on Baldoquin but there are some exciting developments fur sure. Yarbrough's heating up, Gary Brown is too, Hinshaw looks great, both Tropeano and Heaney look ready for the next step and in A Ball, Jeremy Rhoades and Sean Newcomb look great.

If that doesn't excite you, then next month there's the draft and shortly thereafter we have Rookie Ball starting. Those are always interesting.

No word on Baldoquin but there are some exciting developments fur sure. Yarbrough's heating up, Gary Brown is too, Hinshaw looks great, both Tropeano and Heaney look ready for the next step and in A Ball, Jeremy Rhoades and Sean Newcomb look great.

If that doesn't excite you, then next month there's the draft and shortly thereafter we have Rookie Ball starting. Those are always interesting.

Eh.  None of those hitters excite me.  :(  I'm still just not seeing how we improve the offense over the next couple of years with the guys we currently have in the minors.

Eh.  None of those hitters excite me.  :(  I'm still just not seeing how we improve the offense over the next couple of years with the guys we currently have in the minors.

Yeah, that's a legitimate concern.  Giavotella is hitting, so Yarbrough doesn't provide much of an upgrade.  Freese isn't hitting for average, but he has decent pop, Kubitza won't hit for average either but he'll have decent pop.  Internal options for LF right now, there's Grant Green, who the club refuses to play, Gary Brown who won't hit enough to be an everyday player, and Chad Hinshaw, who has played all of one month in AA.  There isn't any upgrade in sight at DH either. 

But this is an unfortunate side effect of Dipoto's sole focus on pitchers for the past three years.  That's why we have youngsters like Skaggs, Heaney and Tropeano, and further off Nate Smith, Tyler DeLoach, Kyle McGowin, Jeremy Rhoades and Sean Newcomb.  But it also leaves the organization largely devoid of any offense.  There's Yarbrough Baldoquin, Hinshaw, Delgado, Houchins and Way, but none of those project to be stars. 

I think it's highly likely they end up trading McGowin, Rhoades and Smith for a LF soon. 

I'd like the Angels to approach the D-Backs about LF Peter O'Brien to add some thump to our lineup. They have too many OF's as it is. 

Then bench Iannetta and bring up Carlos Perez. 

I don't know, our pitching still isn't very good.  I wouldn't be so quick to start trading guys away or not focusing on pitching in the draft.  You can't win without good pitching, this team the past 5 years has proven that

Agreed, but I think the Angels (Dipoto and Servais') plan works in the three year range and in three years, I think they foresee the rotation being Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano and Newcomb.  The surplus you see (Shoemaker, Santiago, Smith, DeLoach, Wood, Alcantara, Ellis, Rhoades) can be used as depth, relief pitchers and tradable assets. 

Shoemaker and Santiago are used as pitchers who will be the bridge between the Weaver-Wilson rotation and the post-Weav/Wilson rotation.  DeLoach, Wood and Alcantara are all likely to be relievers.  Smith serves as the depth you'll need.  And as far as tradable assets, that leaves Ellis and Rhoades, since other teams value their upside they can be used as trade chips. 

Who does that leave as trade targets?  I'll let you use your imagination on that one.  But I can picture Rhoades, Ellis, Yarbrough and someone like Kyle McGowin being dealt at the deadline. 

Yeah, not sure why Green isn't getting at least a little play with the offense in the crapper.  The glove was always in question but he always had a stick and its not like you are getting pop from Cron or Joyce.   

Yeah, I think Green should be starting in LF. We're not getting anything from that position so far this season. 

Would JeDi be against hiring an asst GM who understands offense as well as he understands pitching?

Dipoto looked and smelled pretty damn good last season with regards to the offense. 

Joyce was a decent offseason acquisition. He just hasn't hit and in a terrible slump. Same with Iannetta, who's not even taking walks. 

You can't really blame Dipoto for these two and their performances to date. The offense will eventually hit. The bigger question is, if Iannetta and Joyce don't get it together soon, will Dipoto make the necessary changes before they fall too far back in the standings?

Dipoto looked and smelled pretty damn good last season with regards to the offense. 

Joyce was a decent offseason acquisition. He just hasn't hit and in a terrible slump. Same with Iannetta, who's not even taking walks. 

You can't really blame Dipoto for these two and their performances to date. The offense will eventually hit. The bigger question is, if Iannetta and Joyce don't get it together soon, will Dipoto make the necessary changes before they fall too far back in the standings?

I'm not sure Joyce was a good pick-up at any point.  He's terrible defensively, and last year, seemed to have lost what limited power he had.

I'm not sure Joyce was a good pick-up at any point.  He's terrible defensively, and last year, seemed to have lost what limited power he had.

When we picked him up he was supposed to be a platoon player with Cron at DH, backup OF. 

The team didn't know about Josh Hamilton's injury and issues until after Joyce was acquired. 

I think at the time a Joyce/Cron platoon with career averages in mind would have netted us 20-25 HR and 85-90 RBI, which for a DH is solid production. 

They need to go back to that and move Green up or play Navarro. Both are better off envelope that Joyce and neither can be worse than Joyce on defense.

When we picked him up he was supposed to be a platoon player with Cron at DH, backup OF.

The team didn't know about Josh Hamilton's injury and issues until after Joyce was acquired.

I think at the time a Joyce/Cron platoon with career averages in mind would have netted us 20-25 HR and 85-90 RBI, which for a DH is solid production.